Start by marking “The Body Reset Diet” as Want to Read:
The Body Reset Diet

The Body Reset Diet

Complicated diets and extreme cleanses guarantee little more than short-term results, and overdoing it at the gym causes injuries and can actually trigger weight gain. It seems that weve lost our way when it comes to nutrition and exercise. Now, expert Harley Pasternak offers a proven program to shed pounds without sacrificing health or convenience.

The Body Reset Diet is a
Published by Viking Canada (first published March 5th 2013)

Start your review of The Body Reset Diet
Yung Blunts
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
It's a good book to read, but not so good. The book explains only the basic and general tips on weight loss.
Allison
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ummm i lost 5 pounds in 5 days and wasn't even hungry. Not a joke. I haven't lost weight like that aside from a stomach virus EVER.
Jen
I thought there were some great smoothie recipes, but the other recipes are like "Better Homes and Gardens"-ish.

I do have two issues with this book. First, I am so sick of diet books that start with diet-bashing and then offer up a diet of their own. Yes, diets don't achieve results long-term, and they are expensive and time-consuming to maintain, and inconvenient, and the research says for these reasons and more that diets don't work. And the answer to this problem is . . . "The Body Reset
Marshamariella
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love fhe apple pie smoothie i always have a smoothie for breakfast now ...
Heather
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it

I drink alot of smoothies and found the smoothie recipes in this book to be really good tasting and satisfying (I also liked the alternative protein suggestions - I don't love protein powder, but I don't mind using the greek yogurt - which also gives the smoothie a great texture).

I didn't think the 'regular' meal recipes looked all that good, and I actually am not interested in following the plan, which includes starting for 5 days with smoothies for all 3 meals - but I thought it was an
D.D. Scott
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Lifestyle that Sooo Works!!!

My DH (Darling Husband) and I read the book and began our 15-day reset...well...15 days ago, and we are amazed at the results! Not only did we both lose major pounds (17 for the DH), but we feel fantastic!

This is the first lifestyle change I've ever made and NEVER felt hungry, anxious, or uncomfortable. I feel terrific and am thrilled we're now living a Harley-lifestyle!!!

Thanks sooo much, Harley!!! U rock!!!
Glenda
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple easy to follow plan with some really delicious smoothies. The apple pie and red smoothie are 2 of my new favorites!

I didn't follow it strictly - more to get ideas of a better way to balance whole foods, including carbs and protein. I do like that he recommends protein with every meal, including snacks and provides some actually do-able options.
Nupur Tustin
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The most sensible approach to leading a healthy lifestyle that I've seen in a long time. Pasternak focuses on good eating habits--healthy protein and fiber--from fruit and vegetables-- combined with a small amount of healthy fat--and leading an active life. The exercises are easy to do and Pasternak recommends walking as much as possible.

Eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive or a chore. The recipes for sandwiches and stir fries couldn't be easier to follow. None of the ingredients used
Kahlee
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
I'm a harsh critic of diet/recipe books but i had higher hopes for this than i should have. I strongly disliked the constant plugging of vitamin water zero, kraft cheese, and other specific brand named items that are known among the health community to be generally bad for all human bodies. The smoothie recipes are great, the encouragement to walk more and train less is appreciated, but the rest i could do without.
Breeanna
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Id give this book a 4.5 ive been reading heaps of diet books lately obviously to love weight and i didnt think this would be a good one as it dosnt have puctures of delicious food and what not and wasnt to big but i got alot of information and knowledge from this book and loved it
I have already recommended it to others. I have not been hungry during the days so far of doing this diet whitch is surprising cause 3 shakes and 2 snacks a day dont seem like much but it has been
Lynnette
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I was trying to find away to help kick start my metabolism, as it has died kids and now age 😜

I'm on day 8. I loving the smoothie recipes. I'm not hungry and not forcing myself to drink them. 5 meals a day and 10k step's 😊 I'm down 2.3kg (5.07lbs) it's so easy to follow, with items that easy to get are affordable.
Oddy
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel confident in starting the diet

The information was good, presented in an easy to digest way. I enjoyed this book and am eager to see if it can grant me the results I want from the effort I put into it. We shall see.
Lisa
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very sensible approach to eating healthy throughout your life. The recipes I've tried have been excellent. I do wish he had more information on creating/adapting your own recipes to his carb/protein equation.
Amanda St. George
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Read it. Liked the concept. Think it's manageable. Afraid to only drink shakes for 5 days. I will try it soon!!
Amber White
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much exciting info!!

Loved this book has such great info and it all makes so much more sense!! I took great notes, wrote a grocery list and can't wait to start!!
Lily Flor
It was just ok
Ely Cortez
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting read but I tried some of the smoothies and they were absolutely disgusting! But some where delicious so Im going to try and incorporate those whenever possible. ...more
Denise
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Theres three phases and its mostly smoothie based. Exercises and recipes are included. ...more
Juan Escalante
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
D

V c c c c c b check for it in it?if you'r
Working today or two from his family
Girlygirl
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get ready to change your life!

I was skeptical when I first started reading Harley's book, but after following phases 1-3 and beyond, I can say that it provided an easy and enjoyable way to change my eating and exercise lifestyle. I can honestly say I no longer crave my unhealthy snacks and look forward to exercising - thank you, Harley!
Julie
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found some of these smoothie recipes online a few months ago and had been using them a couple times a week with a workout/healthy eating program I was doing. I am not looking for a diet and have never had a weight problem, but I figured that since I was borrowing the recipes, I might as well read the philosophy behind the diet as well. I actually like the idea of this program. I get so sick of trying to make healthy changes only to have someone tell me I am still eating too much sugar in fruit ...more
Heath Johnson
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People looking to establish a habitual eating habit
Yet another diet book for people who have nothing to do other than manage their food intake. Don't waste your precious time unless you have an abundance of it to throw into this plan. This is a lifestyle guide, not a diet or a limited time engagement recommendation. If that appeals to you, then it's got a lot of great information in it. But...if you're not paid or obsessive about body health and fitness, this book dictates a commitment that's likely far outside your reach.
I am giving it a
Chris Cook
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I'd say this was one of the better diet books I've read. His approach is simple, and seems to be both healthy and effective. Thank heaven here's a book that basically stresses the importance of eating fruits and veggies, while at the same time not buying into the fads of low fat, low carb, or high protein. I think he's right that we need a balanced combination of the macronutrients, and his smoothies also make sure the person eating them is getting plenty of micronutrients as well. For the ...more
Heidi
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wanted something to reset my diet after the holidays, and this was a great pick! I did it for five days - had protein/fruit smoothies for breakfast and dinner (I modified it by having a salad for lunch instead of a third smoothie). I was really hungry the whole time, but I felt like it was a good cleanse and set me back on track for healthy eating. I don't think I could have done it the recommended fifteen days, though - five was plenty!
Karen
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: health
I marked a couple of smoothie recipes but skimmed through the rest as it found it pretty much like other books I've read on dieting. Actually wish it hadn't been called a diet as there were a couple good concepts but nothing really unique about it except the concept of using your blender to do the work which I really would have liked had I just not bought a juicer! I should have read this last year when I first bought it.
Tina
Blend your way to better health and weight loss.
Peggy
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Totally new to this smoothie thing. The texture is kinda weird and I can't use Greek yogurt; think I might be allergic to flaxseed . . . As far as energy, it hasn't helped at all, but the scale keeps going down, now ever so slowly, so I guess I'll hang in for the 15 days.
Leonicka
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
I'm not the target audience and I've modified it a bit since I don't want to lose weight. However Harley's recipe's are simple and easy and his explanations make sense. I can see myself continuing with this for a long time.
Jane Manns
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found this book helpful in understanding that every meal should have fiber, fat, and protein. Has a simple daily at home exercise plan targeted at the person who works a desk job. I took bits of this book and worked it into a paleo based ketogenic diet.
Josie
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book with delicious smoothie recipes and a realistic approach to weight loss. Big fan of Harley's Five Factor Fitness.
Body Slim Down 1 2 Sep 02, 2018 11:23PM

• Medical Medium Liver Rescue: Answers to Eczema, Psoriasis, Diabetes, Strep, Acne, Gout, Bloating, Gallstones, Adrenal Stress, Fatigue, Fatty Liver, Weight Issues, SIBO & Autoimmune Disease
  • Just One Year
  • Open Book
  • Beauty and the Professor (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #1)
  • The Story of More: How We Got to Climate Change and Where to Go from Here
  • The Alcohol Experiment: A 30-Day, Alcohol-Free Challenge to Interrupt Your Habits and Help You Take Control
  • The Daniel Plan Cookbook: Healthy Eating for Life
  • The Brain Warrior's Way Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes to Ignite Your Energy and Focus, Attack Illness and Aging, Transform Pain Into Purpose
  • The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
  • On the Bright Side: Stories about Friendship, Love, and Being True to Yourself
  • The Vegan Starter Kit: Everything You Need to Know About Plant-Based Eating
  • Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods: Save Yourself and the Ones You Love with the Hidden Healing Powers of Fruits  Vegetables
  • Death Beside the Seaside (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries, #6)
  • If You're in My Office, It's Already Too Late: A Divorce Lawyer's Guide to Staying Together
  • Devil's Knot: The True Story of the West Memphis Three (Justice Knot, #1)
  • The Night Stalker
  • The Art of Peace
  • 100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Eluding Pursuers, Evading Capture, and Surviving Any Dangerous Situation
Harley Samuel Pasternak is a Los Angeles-based personal trainer, public speaker and NY Times best-selling author known for The Body Reset Diet and the 5-Factor Diet, a popular diet and fitness lifestyle. He holds an Honours Degree in Kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario and a Masters of Science in Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Sciences from the University of Toronto. ...more

News & Interviews