Start by marking “Betrayed (The Druid Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Betrayed (The Druid Chronicles, #3)

Betrayed

(The Druid Chronicles #3)

**Formally published as Betrayed (The Druid Chronicles, #3)**

When a Druid priestess falls for her Roman captor she’s torn between her duty to her goddess and her love for the enemy…

When Druid priestess Nimue is injured and enslaved by the hated Roman Legion she’s determined to escape and complete her covert mission for her beloved goddess, to eradicate the invaders from he
Published March 20th 2013 by Ellora's Cave Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Betrayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayed

Amanda Ashby
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It's hot and sexy and once you start reading it you won't put want to stop!
Tina Williams
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Beautiful and Passionate Meeting Of Soul Mates

Betrayed is an erotic historical romance, set in Roman Britain. It describes a beautiful and passionate love between two sworn enemies, Tacitus, a Roman Tribune and Nimue, a priestess from the Druid nobility, whom the Romans are pledged to eradicate. It is a fantastic addition to the other two books in Christina Phillips’ Roman/Druid Series, Forbidden and Captive, and can be read as a stand alone.

Betrayed takes place in Cymru, in 51 A.D, where the
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Betrayed is the 3rd book of the Forbidden series by Christina Phillips. I have not read the first 2 books in this series, so I can’t say with absolute certainty how much that has affected my reading experience. I never felt like I was missing a step, so my guess would be it didn’t affect these too badly. I would be comfortable saying this book can be read alone.

Tacitus has spent his life fighting to be the exact opposite of his father. It grates on him enough that he is a high ranking Roman war
Love Books
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good historical romance and Betrayed is set during the turbulent years of the Roman occupation of Britain, a real treat for a history buff like myself.

Betrayed throws you straight into the action, bringing together the two characters very quickly. Nimue's independent and courageous character comes across easily as does Tacitus' honorable and generous nature. But all will not go smoothly for them in spite of the electrifying chemistry between them. In order to protect Nimue, Tactitus pur
prk
Aug 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: aurealis-awards
Nimue is a Celtic druid, fighting against the Roman invasion of Briton. After a disastrous battle, Nimue must find the King Caratacus' wife and daughter, and guide them North to safety and to rejoin the fleeing King's forces.

Tacitus is a Roman Tribune, serving his country in the conquering and civilising of Briton from the savage Celts which dwell in it. In the aftermath of the battle, he's out searching for stragglers, when he comes across Nimue filling a water-skin by a stream.

Tacitus and Nimu
Jonel
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Phillips does an amazing job at bringing history to life. You feel like you’ve actually seen the Roman invasion of Britannia and lived the life of one of those captured. Phillips also makes the time period approachable to those who aren’t familiar with the expansion of Rome by simultaneously mixing modern language with historical content and altogether brilliant storytelling.

Phillips presents this intriguing love story in a very unique light that is not for the faint of heart. She uses subtle s
Jayn Wilde
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, erotic
I really enjoyed the strength of Nimue and the passion she had with Tacitus. I love when two characters fight hard to deny their feelings, especially when it goes against the grain of what "society" deems appropriate. To hell with that! =) They have a powerful connection that isn't just physical either and that makes the story more romantic than just erotic...although it is very much that as well.

There's a lot more to this story than just two lovers and that makes it a powerful read. The secrets
Ben
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Christina certainly didn't disappoint, especially after having to wait for so long. This book was just... wow. Amazing, the descriptions were vivid, usually I have trouble trying to keep focused on a book and get distracted. But not this time, the whole book played out like a movie in my head a very action packed, sexy, erotic movie. Everything from their first meeting to the first love scene was fluid and very rich and detailed. You could really connect with these characters and the surprises s ...more
Eleni Konstantine
It's been a while since I read book two but this book could be read as a stand alone.

Again well written, lovely language, and an interesting time in history when Romans had invaded Briton. Druid acolyte Nimue is captured by Roman Tribune, Tacitus. If he doesn't claim her as his slave, she will find a worse fate than life as his slave can give her.

There is something about each of them that intrigues the other (other than the mutual lust of course). Their people are enemies but each doesn't fit
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This review is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.
Maria
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not one to read these types of books, but this one really captured my attention. I thoroughly enjoyed the story-line, with just enough history and erotic romance.

I recommend this book if your a fan of Roman history and saucy romance.
Khothy
Meghan Stith
Nov 19, 2013
Skye
Nov 19, 2013
Christina Phillips is an ex-pat Brit who now lives in sunny Western Australia with her high school sweetheart and their family. She enjoys writing paranormal, historical and contemporary romance but whether the hero is a fallen angel, tough warrior or sexy mortal, the romance will be sizzling and the heroine will bring her hero to his knees.

Christina is addicted to good coffee, expensive chocolate

The Druid Chronicles (4 books)
  • Forbidden (The Druid Chronicles, #1)
  • Captive (The Druid Chronicles, #2)
  • Tainted (The Druid Chronicles, #4)