Start by marking “Before Now (Sometimes Never, #2)” as Want to Read:
Before Now (Sometimes Never, #2)

Before Now

(Sometimes Never #2)

Park Reed is a bastard in every sense of the word. He hasn't always been this way. But after his heart was broken by the only girl he ever loved, being heartless gets him through the day and allows him to fill his nights with the nameless girls he has no intentions of seeing again. He now lives his life following his ever-growing list of “life lessons.”

Lucy Braden is
Published June 2nd 2013 by Cheryl McIntyre

To ask other readers questions about Before Now, please sign up.
Kolleen I agree on the stand alone answer however as someone who has read the entire series I am telling you that you will get a greater experience if you…moreI agree on the stand alone answer however as someone who has read the entire series I am telling you that you will get a greater experience if you start with Sometimes Never. You are introduced to all the characters and they find a place in your heart, when you read each book they all crawl inside a little bit deeper. Just one other point I'd like to make is how exceptional Cheryl McIntyre is at telling the stories in a parralel timeline yet making each book it's own.(less)

Start your review of Before Now (Sometimes Never, #2)
Katnip
Jul 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
Hello, and welcome to another instalment of ‘Is My Alpha Male a Psychopath!!?!?’. Today from Before Now, we’ll be examining the character ‘Park’ (Yes ladies and gentlemen, he is named after a recreational area. Swoon!).

description

For the first segment of the show, we’ll match Park and events from the book to this really professional and legit list that I stole from the Internet!!!!!11!1!!!

Characteristics of a Psychopath
(As stated by Yahoo Answers!!!!)

1. Psychopaths are very charming
Park’s ‘
J
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Have you ever looked back and tried to figure out where your life took a wrong turn? The exact moment- the precise action- that turned your whole life to shit?

Life lessons to live by..

1. You can never fucking go back. What's done is done. Whatever damage you've caused is permanent. Life doesn't have an undo button - no matter how much you wish it did.

2. Don't waste your time wishing. It doesn't work an you just wind up looking like a fucking loser. Don't believe me? Let''s try a little
Holly Baker
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 big shiny stars!!

********ARC received in exchange for an honest review********

It takes something special to make you fall in love with a character you previously dis-liked, and Cheryl McIntyre and Before Now are proof of that. When I read Sometimes Never I was Team Mason from beginning to end and I thought Park was an ass!! But after just a few pages of Before Now I was thinking "Mason who?"

It's one of those moments I have often. I know I should pause. I should stop, take a breath, walk away.
Beth Michele
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs
I LOVED this book. I probably need to start out by saying that I knew I'd love it. I love the way Cheryl writes, and Sometimes Never and Blackbird are two of my favorites.

So this is Park's story. In Sometimes Never, we get a small glimpse of Park but I had no idea the extent of his hurt or his damage.

Park is angry, for a variety of reasons that you'll find out once you read this novel. HOWEVER, Park is totally hot, and sexy, and under all the anger and pain lies a sweet guy. It's just going to
Tessa Teevan
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I want to preface this review by saying that I have not read Sometimes Never, therefore I was meeting Park & the gang with completely fresh eyes. I also apologize in advance for this review. It's going to be all over the place because I am having a hard time putting into words how much I love this book.

Before Now is the story of Park & Lucy, and is told in dual POV (if you know me, you know I LOVE dual POV).

description

Park Reed is the ultimate, sexy, bad boy rocker. He's tall, dark, and
Cath
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5stars. Really liked this. Loved how Park worked through his issues and loved that Lucy let him without being a sappy heroine! And that cover.......crikey!! How gorg is he?! X
CT
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very rarely do I read about a heroine with no issues whatsoever. I think thats why I really liked Lucy's character, she went for what she wanted. The general storyline is about Park getting over Hope and falling in love again. I shouldn't love Park after what he put Lucy through but I do. And man I could stare at that cover all day.
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Hope broke Park's heart in the first book...

Now it's his book...

He meets Lucy, who is also his neighbour...

She wants to be friends with him...

But she also wants to find the guy beneath the manwhore...

My thoughts

I love reading about strong heroines. Lucy knew what she wanted and wasn't afraid to go for it.

“Everyone should have someone that cares.Someone that doesn't give up on them.Someone to always care what they're doing.Right at this moment,I make it my goal to be that someone for Park.”

Jenn
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Blissful Stars

I loved Park's story. It was the perfect book for what I was looking for in the way of a "bad boy".

What I LOVED about this book:
1. The ending
2. I couldn't put this down
3. Dual POV's
4. Made me happy most of the book
5. Park was just the right amount of bad and sweet for me when this book was all said and done.
6. Chase- that guy made me laugh and had good advice.
7. Water Wars
8. White Boxes
9. Learning to work the game controller
10. LUCY! She was the perfect girl for Park, and the
Cozen
I find myself always asking myself, "Why do people like these types of stories?" That usually leads me to what type of teenage life the writer must have had. I can't think of why anyone would put themselves through all this fake, forced, drama. Is this story is not any different from other story being released?

1.) Add one jilted, guy who sleeps around with anyone. Can't get over his past girlfriend's transgressions. Don't want this creepy feeling he's got some kind of disease, but that's the way
Lisa
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
UGHHHHHHHHHHH I didn't expect to love this book as much as I do. I mean, I don't even like Park that much in Sometimes Never, but OH MY GOD PARK REED LET ME LOVE YOU--

Sure, he's an ass most of the time but dude is just protecting himself. I love how he and Lucy fell in together, and the journey isn't sunshine and rainbows, and we get to see Park slowly beginning to trust and love again.

This book is swoonworthy, hilarious, heartbreaking, angsty; all roll in one. Fantastic read.

Ps. I know the
Joanna
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
3.5 Stars!!!! I'm such a sucker for sweet asshole-bad boys falling in love with super sweet caring good girls. I know i know opposites attract and this is such a cliche, but come ON! It's so freakin' adorable!!!!

Just look at that right there!
description
This reminds me of Park and Lucy plus this song kept on playing in my head while reading:

"You're such a hard act for me to follow
Love me today don't leave me tomorrow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4/4.5 Stars!

I really loved this one! I thought it was even better than Sometimes Never. I didn't think I would like Park as much as I did....maybe just the way everything went down in Sometimes Never. But I also really really liked Lucy!

There were a few things that I could have done without....the grey eyes and the fact that Lucy was a runner. But overall, I thought it was great.

Before Now starts with Park moving in with his friend Jesse. Lucy and Jesse are having a water war and Park finds
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
So I loved everything about this. I enjoyed Hope and Mason's story but I have always been pulled more towards Park Reed. maybe its the bad boy image he puts off or just how heartbroken he was at the conclusion of Sometimes Never. this book picks up with Park trying to move on by moving in with his friend Jessie whose girlfriend Bree and roomie Lucy are fixtures around the apt. Knowing Park is a true bad boy, Jessie warns him off the sweet and single Lucy. well..."you want something? take it and ...more
Dawn
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Before Now is a companion novel to Sometimes Never and is Park's story. However, Before Now can be read as a stand-alone book.

Book Description:

Park Reed is a bastard in every sense of the word. He hasn't always been this way. But after his heart was broken by the only girl he ever loved, being heartless gets him through the day and allows him to fill his nights with the nameless girls he has no intentions of seeing again. He now lives his life following the ever-growing list of “life lessons.”

Tray
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Before Now (Sometimes Never), the second book in the series by Cheryl McIntyre, and wow...just wow. This is Park's story. If you haven't read Sometimes Never, I suggest reading it first. This book could be read as a stand alone, but you might not fully understand why Park is the way he is.

Park Reed has changed alot in a year. The latest change is his residence. His friend Jessie is letting him move in with him. The other changes are things that made me like him less than I did in
Ailene♥
The story was well written. It was the first book that I've finished from this author. I did read a few chapters from the first book in the series. But there's something about the heroine that ticked me off. She's just not likable, I guess. So, I stopped reading it though I know I should continue so it's only then that I could give my fair judgment. Maybe, I'll try next time.

Anyway, when I've read the plot of “Before Now”, I kind of liked it. And since it's a stand alone, I just went for it. The
Ana
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I usually don't write reviews but since i finished Before Now i just can't stop thinking about it. Cheryl McIntyre has a wonderful way of writing.
Park’s story pulled me in from the prologue and I could hardly put this book down.
Did i loved the first book? Yes, i did!
Is it possible to love this one even more? Yes, absolutely!!!
Park is a broken soul. He lives his life by his own set of rules and doesn’t care for much of anything.
Lucy is the opposite of Park. She is a caring, wonderful, kind
Rachel
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 strong stars! So Cheryl McIntyre you have made me put you in my favorite author ranks of Abbi Glines, Jennifer Armentrout, Elizabeth Reyes, and Toni Aleo. Your character's rock my world and thank you for making me smile and be all girly ;-)
Isabel
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Müni (MuenisBookWorld)
I kinda didn't like Parks personality and Lucy was also a little weird and very pushy....

Overall it was def okay.

3,5
Tammy Long
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED Before Now! This is a MUST READ! FIVE bright, sparkling stars!!!

Where to begin? I liked Park in Sometimes Never, but he had to go. He just wasn’t right for Hope. I have never loved a character so much that I wanted to see gone from the picture! But my heart broke for him when I began reading Before Now. Before Now begins with Park’s point of view from the break up scene in Sometimes Never. This was so brilliantly written. I could feel Park’s heart being shattered and wanted
KB Wayne
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: really-bad
I was surprised and disappointed, really. I read "Sometimes Never" with a truly open mind and was delighted and touched. I love seeing important (in that case, mental health, gay teens, blended families, depressed parent) issues used in fiction.

So then I read "Blackbird," and that was a brief bit of fun to follow "Sometimes Never"'s characters and see how they're doing continuing to deal with their previous (and some new) big and heavy issues.

But then I read "Before Now" and I'm confused as to
Derna
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Before Now is Park Reed story whom I had just (due to some small OCD traits that I have ) read about in Sometime Never. If you read my review on, Sometime Never you will understand this statement

I wasn’t much a fan of Park Reed after reading Sometime Never, yes yes he may have been hot and sexy, and I did feel sorry for him but he had basically been a shit who had annoyed me by the end of the story. So I really wasn’t expecting
Love N. Books
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it is a crazy story how you get a book into your hands. This is kind of a funny story. Several weeks ago I get a text from a friend of mine along the lines of “hey… got my first book cover gig.” Not a direct quote, but you get the gist. I don’t directly quote friends. Well, yes, I do. But not in this case.

ANYWAY… he texts about this book cover and I’m fucking doing cartwheels I’m so excited about it.

Cover comes out and I start pimping the shit out of it… I mean come on… HOT cover and
Beth
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Whatcha Gonna Do Next? Stars

Don't you hate it when someone is just waiting for you to screw up? Watching. Waiting. Hoping you will bite it. Or worse...when you are waiting for that other shoe to drop. When you know...just know that someone is going to screw you over. Its just a matter of time. Yep. This is that story.

We first met Park in Sometimes Never. He was the jilted boyfriend that had to move over to make way so the HEA could happen. Now its his turn. But he is so tarnished. So jaded
Casey Ford
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, favorites
Ok this review is way WAY over do... in fact, I got yelled at by a good friend because I've been slacking on writing it.

Anyway, when I got my copy of the book I was all

After I finished the book I was all

Cheryl writes in a way that really draws you into the story. Very few writers can really claim that ability.

Before Now is a great book about a character I seriously disliked in Sometimes Never:
Park

and the absolute refreshing character of Lucy

I really really disliked Park in SN, but only mildly
romance enthusiast
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favorite
5 BEAUTIFUL STARS!
I loved it! I loved it! I loved it! This book was just what I really needed right now.

Im completely surprised, because I didn’t expect to like it so much, considering it was Park Reed’s story, but then just reading the prologue, ugh, my mind totally changed! I’m totally in love with this
Sunny
OH WOW... I didn't think I would have loved this book as much as "Sometimes Never" but damn was I WRONG!

Cheryl McIntyre is officially one of my top favorite author's now. I love how raw her characters are. So real. She writes beautiful REALISTIC romance. You'll feel for ALL the characters and be with them the whole way through PROMISE.

Park has issues.. of course but it's not all self pity or tortured soul. He's a guy with issues (come on, who doesn't?) and tends to fuck shit up when it gets
Sunniva Dee
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is another amazing book by Cheryl McIntyre. I adored Sometimes Never and because of it, I didn't think much of Park before this book. But man, did he shape up! Hope, cover Mason's ears now please, because I'm about to say it: Park's freaking HOT!

BEFORE NOW can be read separately from Sometimes Never, a great plus of course, but I got all fuzzy inside about meeting Hope and Mason and their little quirks as side characters in this book as well. Just like Abbi Glines does in some of her

• Dangerous to Know & Love
  • One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2)
  • Duke (Fallen MC, #1)
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Beat of the Heart (Runaway Train, #2)
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
  • Aflame (Fall Away, #4)
  • A Father's Fight (Fighting, #4.5)
  • Breathe into Me (Breathe into Me, #1)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
  • Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)
  • This Time Around (Maybe, #2)
  • Prick (A Step Brother Romance, #1)
  • Falling into Us (Falling, #2)
Stay up to date on all of Cheryl’s new releases by joining her newsletter here:

Cheryl McIntyre is the author of the bestselling Sometimes Never series, as well as the Dirty series, Infinitely, Dark Calling, Villain, and HARD. She resides in Ohio with her high school sweetheart, their two sons, one daughter, one fur son, and a hamster.
You can follow her author page on Facebook,

Sometimes Never (4 books)
  • Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Long After (Sometimes Never, #3)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
“You can love someone, hell, you can love a lot of someones, but when you find the right person--the one that you're meant to be with--it's like..." "You can breathe for the first time," she finishes for me. "Yes." I cant help but smile.I needed to find that to understand." And you have," She says softly."Lucy." "Lucy," I agree.” 26 likes
“I smirk at her and let my eyes graze over her body."I don't know how to be friends with someone I'm attracted to.” 23 likes