Start by marking “The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #3)

The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon #3)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  794 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
From the zany, bestselling series that has sold more than 200,000 copes comes a hilarious new picture book. If young readers thought the Teacher and the Principal from the Black Lagoon were scary, wait until they see the gym teacher! This third book explores a youngster's fear of meeting a new teacher . . . a gym teacher called Coach Kong!
Published September 1st 1994 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon

Levi
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The puns, the illustrations, the writing, and the dialogue all come together really well!! It's an awesome read -- humor for kids, humor for adults. Wonderful!
Devin
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The black lagoon serious are pretty good but my favorite one is the gym teacher. For some apparent reason this one is more action packed then any of them and has a major plot twist at the end. Whenever they found out the gym teacher played in the NBA they we're excited.
Tricia
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoy all the titles in this series but this one really made me and my audience giggle. This one offers some hysterical moments related to gym class.
Jenn Swanson
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A book about a kid who has an overactive imagination when it comes to the new gym teacher. My daughter enjoyed this book a lot and said the kid was being ridiculous. The illustrations were great too. Would recommend.
Jc
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great Hubie adventure ... this time because a new gym teacher is coming.
Brooke
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
This happens all too often. If big kids would stop trying to scare the little ones with stories about teachers, we'd all be better off.
Elizabeth Roe
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Grade/interest level: Primary (K-3rd)
Reading level: Lexile, 400L
Genre: Picture Book

Main Characters: The boy and Mr. Green (Gym Teacher)
Setting: The boy's school, primarily
POV: First person, from the boy

This book is about a young boy's fear of his new gym teacher. The boy explains all of the scary things that kids have said about the new gym teacher such as that he is hairy and his knuckles hit the ground, like a monkey. Kids also say that his nickname is “Coach Kong” and his office has branches
Sarah Dodd
Feb 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not worth buying on kindle app- too small and can't change

Unfortunately kindle seem to have issues with their graphics and so not worth purchasing any books with a graphics component at present. Shame as book itself looks like it could be good, just not big enough to actually read on an iPhone or iPad. Hopefully they will fix this issue soon.
Dolly
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is another fun story in the Black Lagoon series by Mike Thaler and Jared Lee. Many children tend to think of people of authority as scary or mean, but this is just another example of how our expectations do not always live up to reality.

The illustrations really make the narrative come alive and we enjoyed reading this story together. Our girls occasionally complain about their physical education class, so this was a good opportunity to show that they have a fun class and learn a lot about
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
There is a rumor that Mr. Green, the gym teacher from the junior high, is coming to the elementary school and oh is he mean. Hubie pictures him as a huge, hairy green monster who makes the students do horrible things in gym class. Mr. Green turns out to be a regular guy who is a fun gym teacher. Great for young kids in elementary school to learn that the unknown isn't always scary and to not believe rumors and gossip. It is a nice, quick read with cute line drawings for artwork. My 8 year old li ...more
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?
  • Clifford and the Halloween Parade
  • The Jacket I Wear in the Snow
  • Arthur's TV Trouble (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Night Before the Night Before Christmas
  • Mrs. Jafee Is Daffy! (My Weird School Daze, #6)
  • Little Critter's the Night Before Christmas (Mercer Mayer Storybooks)
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Anakin in Action!
  • Down by the Cool of the Pool
  • I'm Glad I'm Me: Poems About You
  • George Shrinks
  • Thomas and Percy and the Dragon (Thomas & Friends: Step into Reading)
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell!
  • Smash Trash! (Disney/Pixar: WALL-E: Step into Reading Step 1)
  • And Then There Were Gnomes
  • Charge Of The Triceratops (Dinosaur Cove, #2)
  • The Berenstain Bears Ride the Thunderbolt
  • In the Haunted House
Mike Thaler, born in Los Angeles, started his professional career drawing cartoons for adults. A children's book editor saw one of his cartoon stories in a national magazine and encouraged Mike to try writing for children. His first attempt met with success, and "The Magic Boy" was published in 1961.

Mike has produced over 220 published books and is known as “America’s Riddle King.” He has also bee
More about Mike Thaler...

Black Lagoon (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Teacher from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #1)
  • The Principal from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #2)
  • The School Nurse from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #4)
  • The Librarian from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #5)
  • The Cafeteria Lady from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #6)
  • The School Bus Driver from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #7)
  • The Music Teacher from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #8)
  • The Custodian from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #9)
  • The Class from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #10)
  • The Class Pet from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #11)