Start by marking “Introducing Newton and Classical Physics” as Want to Read:
Introducing Newton and Classical Physics

Introducing Newton and Classical Physics (Graphic Guides)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The rainbow, the moon, a spinning top, a comet, the ebb and flood of the oceans ...a falling apple. There is only one universe and it fell to Isaac Newton to discover its secrets. Newton was arguably the greatest scientific genius of all time, and yet he remains a mysterious figure. Written and illustrated by William Rankin, "Introducting Newton and Classical Physics" expl ...more
Published September 11th 1996 by Totem Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Introducing Newton and Classical Physics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introducing Newton and Classical Physics

Icon Books
The rainbow, the moon, a spinning top, a comet, the ebb and flood of the oceans...a falling apple. There is only one universe and it fell to Isaac Newton to discover its secrets. Newton was arguably the greatest scientific genius of all time, and yet he remains a mysterious figure. Brilliantly written and illustrated by William Rankin, "Introducing Newton" explains the extraordinary ideas of a man who sifted through the accumulated knowledge of centuries, tossed out mistaken beliefs, and single ...more
Andreia
6/10
Godzilla
Feb 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a dynamic and engrossing read, which I literally tore through.

It provided a detailed background to some basic concepts which I already knew about, revealing the rivalries and contested claims of people at the time.

Newton is introduced gradually throughout the book, in terms of his theories, his biography and his beliefs. There are many interest facets to the book, and an individual reader will pull different things from their own interpretation and interests in the subject matter.

A cyni
Saman Habibi Esfahani
Actually for a long time I was searching for a graphic introduction to the history of physics for my students, So when I found this book I was very excited. it's a book more about people behind the physic today we study in our schools rather than the physics itself.
I had just one problem with this book. it's full of people and ideas coming and going very fast without enough explanations so it makes some pages a little confusing. It could contain less ideas and more clarity.
anyway , a good book
Vedran
Oct 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Newton for beginners is quite a nice book, lots of great animations of all the characters and events in Newtons life (and that before and after). Would be a must-read for high school physics students if I were the professor. It explains all the chronology of Newtons life and his discoveries in an easy to understand way for everyone (hence the 'for beginners' part).
Since it's basically a biography there is not much extraordinary literal feat in it, so it gets three stars from me. But nevertheles
Will
Sep 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Good introduction to the subject in context, and does not try to bury Newton's unorthodox researches.

On the other hand, flaws are numerous. There is a tacit Religion Is Bad message, and statements are bolstered with cherry-picked quotes from historical figures. And the bald assertion "Kepler thought he was a dog" is given without any elucidation!
Vandrion
Apr 09, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
17th Century class read. It's ok. Looks like a comic book in side.

So I finished it. Science is a hard subject for me, I can't really follow it well. The comic book style helped a little bit but not much. Read it if you like science, if not... pass.
Hollis
Feb 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science
An excellent exposition of Newtonian physics.
C
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science, history
สนุกดี
David Joseph
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: High School Students
Really good illustrations in this one.
Littlevision
Literally every single page is its own chapter. I stopped after about 15 pages. Too tiring!
Rizky Suleman
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
best book, funny and smart illustration
Anggun P.W
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: state-of-grace
I think this book fit for high school student,because its just contained simply classic physic theory. But i still love this book.
Irtaza Hussain
Mar 14, 2015
Gonçalo Perdigão
Sep 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Graphic Guides (1 - 10 of 105 books)
  • Darwin for Beginners