Start by marking “Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)” as Want to Read:
Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)

Read Excerpt

Time After Time

(Time Between Us #2)

Calling Anna and Bennett’s romance long distance is an understatement: she’s from 1995 Chicago and he’s a time traveler from 2012 San Francisco. The two of them never should have met, but they did. They fell in love, even though they knew they shouldn't. And they found a way to stay together, against all odds.

It’s not a perfect arrangement, though, with Bennett unable to
Published October 8th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Time After Time, please sign up.
Tatiana Aguilar I picked up this book not knowing it was in a series and I was able to follow along. The author has a way of writing that explains to readers what has…moreI picked up this book not knowing it was in a series and I was able to follow along. The author has a way of writing that explains to readers what has happened in the previous book, so no, you don't need to read "Time Between Us" first.(less)

Start your review of Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of love stories done right.
Newsflash : Stacia actually gives a damn.

Not long ago, I noticed that the amount of books I'd given 1 star ratings to had eclipsed the amount of books I'd given 5 star ratings to. There was something about this shift which bothered me. Had I truly become so jaded by reading that I'd somehow completely forgotten how to fall in love with books?

Today, I realized that this isn't the case. It's nice to be reminded that I can fall hard for a book after having a long, dry spell.

The feels we
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Last year, I read and adored Time Between Us - I thought it went where The Time Traveler's Wife didn't with the time travel bit, and the romance was incredibly swoony.

I'm happy to report that Time After Time is JUST as swoony and as unputdownable as Time Between Us. I slipped effortlessly back into Anna and Bennett's story, I was completely invested in their relationship - and the messiness of having a relationship with someone who's essentially long-distance and who you can't always
Ari
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it

So this is how heroes are born… From the need to do something good with their abilities, from the pressure that comes from seeing what sorts of bad things happen to the people around them, from the need to rewrite a story that does not end happily…

We met Bennett in Time Between Us. He was full of insecurities back then, having life throw him into a past he wanted so badly to be his present.

Now we get to know him better. To understand him a lot more.
Now we learn about all the questions that doesn’t let him sleep at night.
Jessica's Book Review
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
You can read more of my reviews at Jessica's Book Review

Time After Time is the second book in the Time Between Us series by Tamara Ireland Stone. If you have not heard of this adorable, Young Adult series before you are in for a real treat! I fell in love with the characters Bennett and Anna immediately and their story of time travel and truly having a LONG distance relationship draws you in
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
description

I don't know how Tamara does it, but her book just keeps getting better and better. I'm in love with everything about this sequel. It is true. That is a 5 star rating you are seeing. I was thinking while I'm writing this review that maybe 5 star is being too generous. So I started skimming the book again and the feels you know? It just hit me. 78889-how-do-I-words-gif-I-cant-cont-jsEH   And it just keeps hitting me.. also, after finishing the book, I was satisfied. Contented. And just so darn pleased. I don't want to spoil anyone so
Stacee
Just absolutely phenomenal. I don't even have words for it. It was heartbreaking and funny and has such a perfect ending.

I'd like to say there's a review to come, but I'm not sure I'll ever be coherent enough to provide one.
Jaime Arkin
I was so incredibly excited when I found out that there would be a book 2 to Time Between Us, so when I noticed Time After Time was up at Netgalley I hit 'request' and patiently stared at my inbox. I had to know what the future held for Anna and Bennett and Tamara Ireland Stone did not disappoint.

In Time After Time Anna and Bennett have committed to a relationship with each other, even though it seems as though it would be impossible. They've scheduled when he will be there for her... dances and races a
Markéta
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
3 stars!***

This time it's told only from Bennett's POV and the story continues after Time Between Us ended. It jumps between 2012 and 1995 as Bennett travels in time.

I was bit bored. Being in Bennett's head just wasn't as entertraining as being inside Anna's head. He was whiny, moody and indecisive. What the hell happened to him? He was so cool in the previous book and now he turned this creature that is plainly annoying.

The plot was filled with a lot of fillers - there wer
Celeste_pewter
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mitchii
I must say that I completely enjoy Time After Time than Time Between Us . I think I have a better connection with Bennett’s character which is probably because it made me understand his situation and the emotions behind his ability. In an outsider perspective it looks amazing to have a power like that but there's an accompanying burden of possessing such. So reading it in Bennett’s perspective made me understand his entire situation. It wasn’t easy hoping from one time period to another. It’s not e ...more
Molli Moran
I have to wait until OCTOBER to read this?

Okay well if anyone needs me, I'll be staring at THAT COVER until October.

___

Initial review after reading an e-arc, graciously provided by Disney/Hyperion...

TIME AFTER TIME is just as moving, deeply romantic, and emotional as TIME BETWEEN US. I felt so much reading TIME AFTER TIME: hopeful, angry, sad, and joyous. I can't wait for the rest of the world to read it and fall back in love with Bennett and Anna.

(Full revi
Caitlin
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
The first one was better but still good
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Full review as originally posted HERE on The Book Addict's Guide 1/25/17: I had waiting so long to read TIME AFTER TIME that I think I to a little too disconnected from the series and story line here… I just wasn’t AS interested in this book as I was with the first but it was truly at least three or four years (I think I borrowed someone’s ARC of TIME BETWEEN US) sine I had read the first book so while I really loved TIME BETWEEN US, I didn’t really feel that strong of a connection to TIME AFTER TIME.
Trisha
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful conclusion. This was the perfect story about time travel and intersecting lives.

The question of whether the two people who met when they shouldn't - if their lives are better that they've met or if it should all be erased and have never met before. Which life would be better?

In this one, we get to see Bennett and his life and time with Anna and his time away. And this time, we get to see why Bennett struggles to tell her things, all the ways and people he
Krystal Bond
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was really nice reading from the perspective of Bennett in this story, probably since he is the one with the time travel ability and it gives you a bit more insight into how it all works and makes him feel. I enjoyed both books, my only wish s they were a bit longer and went further into Anna and Bennett's future together. Otherwise I recommend this book if you enjoy contemporary novels with a twist. I enjoy time travel books a lot as well and this fit the bill perfectly.
Nara
Feb 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I definitely feel like this duology could have ended with book one, and I would have been satisfied. This book just dragged out that little bit too much, with the same conflicts repeated over and over.

As always, the saving grace was how fantastic the characters were. Very realistic and relatable, with a romance you're definitely rooting for.

Ratings
Overall: 7/10
Plot: 3/5
Romance: 4/5
Writing: 3.5/5
Characters: 4/5
Cover: 2/5
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Time After Time is deeper, more heart-tugging and more romantic in a unique kind of way. Despite the little loop holes I noticed on the first book Time Between Us, my overall fondness for that book outweighs it.

Anna and Bennett has the most screwed up long-distance relationship.
Because Bennett lives in the year 2012 while Anna in 1995.

I can’t say that I missed this couple coz I read their book back to back but to have an extended experience of their story got me feeling ecstatic. Th/>
Liza Wiemer
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, net-galley
Tamara Ireland Stone does it again! Time travel perfection.

I loved TIME AFTER TIME. Even when my heart ached for Bennett and Anna. Tamara does an extraordinary job wrenching your heart out of you chest and then putting it back in again, and you'll love every minute of it. She doesn't make it easy for Bennett and Anna. After all, Anna's living in 1995 and Bennett's living in 2012. Is it possible to really maintain a relationship when two people live during two different decades? Benne
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The first book, Time Between Us, was one of my favorite reads in the past year. It was lyrical, beautifully written, and masterfully crafted. This follow up takes place soon after the end of the first book. This time it's from the perspective of Bennett and how he comes to turn with his power-- what if it stops working and he can't make his way back to Anna? What if he can change the future-- will he do it
Jasprit
With the way things ended in Time Between us I thought things would be a lot easier for Anna and Bennett in Time After Time. They had both been through so much heartbreak, that I was hoping that they would finally get the happy ending that they both deserved. But I guess that living in different times wouldn’t mean the easiest of relationships.

This time around in Time After Time we got our pov from Bennett. I adored Bennett in Time Between Us, but it took me a really long time to get
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-galleys
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Time Between Us was one of the first time travel stories that I've read and as such will always have a special place in my heart. After reading it I had mixed feelings about the sequel but then it showed up on Netgalley and I decided to try it out. I took it as a gamble and it really was.

I was back with Bennett a boy that managed to swipe me off my feat with his gentleness and desire to fight the universe to be where he wanted to be. Then there was Anna,/>Time
Michelle
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the minute I found out about Time After Time I knew I had to read it.  I loved Time Between Us and I couldn't wait to see Bennett's point of view.
Time After Time starts with Bennett in his own time, preparing for a 'camping trip' and making plans to go back and see Anna. They make arrangements for him to visit her at certain times that are important to her, prom, races, parties. If you have read Time Between Us then you know it's not as easy as it seems,and this due have not had an easy relationshi/>Time
Queen JubJub and princess of the ewoks (Sarah)
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
Feb 28, 2013 marked it as series-lost-interest
At first I thought a sequel wouldn't be necessary, cause I thought Time Between Us would have been fine as a standalone. But then I saw that this is from Bennett's POV and for that fact alone I'm really excited for it.
Liana
Feb 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
HOLY HELL THERE'S A SEQUEL WTF WTF WTF YES YES YES
Colleen Houck
I'm glad that we got to revisit these characters from Bennett's perspective. Especially loved the ending!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!
I have to first start out by saying that the fact that this was told from Bennett's point of view seriously rocked. I have been dying to get inside that boys head from the start and the fact that Ms. Stone gave us that glimpse into his mind and heart, is just amazing and truly made this story that much better.

I fell in love with Anna and Bennett's story after reading The Time Between Us and I couldn't wait to delve right back into their story. I knew that things weren
Nikki S
2/24/13: The fact that I begged for something in Bennett's POV in my review of Time Between Us means I shouldn't have to wait until October right?!

10/1/13
Let me give you all a little back story on me and this series. As soon as I finished my review of Book one (Time Between Us), I sat back in let all the feels I had wash over me. I was heart broken that Anna and Bennett had so much separating them because it was beyond obvious how they felt about each other. I was also super in
Christy LoveOfBooks
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Time Between Us when I read it, and was ecstatic when I discovered that there would be a sequel. Then to find out that it would be from Bennett's perspective made it even better. I'm not always thrilled when the author does it this way, but I was all for getting in Bennett's head! I was especially glad that it continued on with the story from a little after Time Between Us left off, instead of just being his perspective during the same time frame as in the first book. Suffice ...more

• Vortex (Tempest, #2)
  • The Possibility of Now
  • The Lies About Truth
  • Marfil (Enfrentados, #1)
  • Echoes of Time (Surviving Time, #3)
  • Five Summers
  • Angie
  • Princess of the Silver Woods ( The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #3)
  • Petite Anglaise
  • The Center of the Universe
  • Il lungo viaggio di Sally (GRU. Giunti ragazzi universale)
  • Storie della storia del mondo
  • Il signore delle mosche - Riti di passaggio - Gli uomini di carte
  • Tu che non sei romantica
  • Tutto il buio dei miei giorni
  • D'amore si muore ma io no
  • Ti avrei dato tutto
  • The Dark Awakening (The Chosen Coven Book #1)
TAMARA IRELAND STONE spent nearly two decades in the technology industry before she began writing middle grade and young adult fiction. She feels lucky to say she's had two careers she's loved.

Her New York Times bestseller, EVERY LAST WORD, won the Cybils Young Adult Fiction Award, the Georgia Peach Book Award, and was a YALSA Teens' Top Ten pick; LITTLE DO WE KNOW won the NCIBA Golden

Time Between Us (2 books)
  • Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1)
“It's always harder to be the one who's left behind than the one who leaves.” 11 likes
“And suddenly, she stops moving and looks straight at me. "I'm in love with everything about you".
Her words make me suck in my breath, and when I look into her eyes, I see something I haven't noticed in a while—this look of pure understanding that reminds me why I told her my secret in the first place. That sense of wonder, how she looked at me like she couldn't know me well enough.”
11 likes