Start by marking “Cried for No One” as Want to Read:
Cried for No One

Cried for No One (Jace Forman #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
WHO WOULD STEAL A BODY FROM ITS GRAVE AND WHY? A beautiful University of Texas Student, A Wild Night of Partying, A Mysterious Death, A High-Stakes Courtroom Drama where Truth is Elusive and Justice Hard to Find.

In this best-selling debut, flamboyant Fort Worth trial lawyer Cal Connors is hired by distraught parents after their daughter's body is found beneath an inverted
Published February 13th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 1st 2013)

Elaine
What? No second book by this author?

I don't know whether this is even a word but 'Cried For No One' was unputdownable. I was thrilled to read a book which held my interest throughout.

Could things get any worse for the defense? Not only was a popular figure involved with the deceased college student but also someone very close to one of the key characters.

What I'd like to know is: What happened to the Senator? What happened to some of the others?
Genelle
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
enjoyable read. kept my interest to the end
Brooke May floyd
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Fast paced from the beginning and ended with a bang. Definitely recommend to anyone.
Shirley
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you like an interesting lawyer/trial story you will enjoy this book. Great insight for those parts of the country where judges are elected and must therefore raise money to campaign.
Patricia
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
CRIED FOR NO ONE is a great read. The book cover was all about a body stolen from a grave and placed in a defaced church, but the book was more about drama in the courtroom. Jace Forman is a lawyer for the funeral home being sued by the parents of the deceased. The parents are being represented by Cal Conners, an unscrupulous lawyer who is not above breaking the law.

This book kept me on my toes for the entire read! However, I was very disappointed when I got to the end. I discovered that there i
Maggie
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a first novel/book from the author who was a well-known, successful lawyer in Texas. I'm honored to have known him during his law years. So enjoyed reading his first novel Cried For No One which is a story based on a real life story although this is fiction. It was fast faced and kept me guessing. I think I read this one in record time. It was hard to put down.
Jessica
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book for any avid reader!
Mad Leon
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, believable political/legal thriller. I enjoyed this debut novel by Crouch, it was an easy read, with well developed characters and plot. I hope to see more by this author.
Hubert Crouch
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Readers interested in courtroom drama and fast-moving thrillers will find much to like here…" - Publishers Weekly

“In the well-plotted tale, the author adeptly explores the complex interrelationships among politicos, the media and various legal and law enforcement professionals…There are a number of thriller chestnuts, too...Well-crafted with an authentic Southwestern setting…” – Kirkus Reviews

"If your preference in fiction leans toward courtroom drama and mystery, you will love Hubert Crouch's C
Mike
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hubert Crouch is a very good writer. This story is based on one of the cases he handled years ago. He had the ability to keep me interested in each of the characters. The book shows that the criminal justice system has its faults, but sometimes the good guys win. This was an easy read and I enjoyed all of the characters. Jace Forman fights against a successful attorney named Cal Connors and his daughter Christine. There are lots of twists and turns throughout the story as Jace deals with a case ...more
Amanda White
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-reads-win
At first I thought this book was going to have a predictable outcome , boy was I very mistaken! When I read crime books I always like to try to guess or figure out who done it. This book had me changing my mind so many times it was crazy. I loved the fact that this book had a totally unpredictable story . As soon as I think I have it figured out BAM! I was wrong way wrong. Great story lots and lots of twists and turns I really enjoyed it. I could compare this book with ones written by John Grish ...more
Carol
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it
As a first book, it was a very good read. It reminded me of a Grisham novel, just not as cleanly written. There were some confusing plot lines and an untidy ending. But overall, I would recommend it if you enjoy a Grishmam-type novel. Mr. Crouch has a lot of potential to be a very good author.
Susan
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mr Crouch you have hit a home run! The characters are well developed, your style of building pressure toward the climax sublime, the ending an unexpected suprise! Jace is likeable, flawed and very human; I hope to read more of him in the not so distant future. A big thanks for listing this one on goodreads! Winning and reading this one has been a real pleasure.
Jess
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cried For No One is full of suspense, twists and turns. The plot is interesting and the ending leads me to believe the book may be the first in a series, which I would read.

In compliance with FTC guidelines, I received Cried for No One for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Barbara
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: legal-fic
Interesting enough legal mystery--Crouch knows how the law works in Texas--but the characters and writing style are flat and not entirely believable. The book ends abruptly and, unfortunately, fails the eye-rolling test. This is a debut book; perhaps improvements are in store.
Eva
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Received a copy as a first-reads win: Definitely will be buying the follow up to this novel! Couldn't put it down, as it was suspenseful up through the last page. The author brings a reality to his books that only someone working in the court systems for years could write eloquently.
Jarome
May 22, 2014 rated it liked it
A solid first effort. It has an interesting plot and some intriguing characters, and a must for me - it isn't predictable. That being said, the writing was rough in places and the ending left too many loose ends.
Kay Lynn
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this

I loved Jace the defendant lawyer. I am so glad he won the case. But Cal Conners and his daughter are both evil lawyers I was hoping they would get what was coming to them. Maybe next book.
Elisabeth
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Reminiscent of John Grisham- dragged in the middle- some improbable plots and the ending was rushed.
Rebecca Baranowski
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
An annoying error on the last page
Thea
Mar 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Good book but it left too many loose ends unless the author is planning on writing more books in this series.
Missy
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down. I have been ordering books used from Amazon for awhile now. Out of 6 new books that I purchased 3 were self published books. I am surprised and pleased at how good they were!
Patricia Nathan
Jennifer Wilson
rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2014
Juanita Williams
A lot of twist and turns in and out of the courtroom, lying, truth and craziness. Good read. Kept my attention.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Presumption of Innocence (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #1)
  • Borrow-A-Bridesmaid
  • The Monet Murders
  • Wishful Thinking
  • The Insanity Plea
  • My Foreign Cities
  • Habeas Porpoise (Solomon vs. Lord #4)
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Death & the Redheaded Woman (An Auction Block Mystery #1)
  • Necessary Evils
  • To Sleep... Perchance to Die
  • Uncaged
  • The Kabbalistic Murder Code (Historical Crime Thriller #1)
  • Relative Danger
  • Blue Blood (Debutante Dropout, #1)
  • With Full Malice
  • Cyberionage
  • Someone to Restore Me
Hubert Crouch, a graduate of Vanderbilt University and SMU Law School, is a veteran trial lawyer with years of hands-on experience in the courtroom. His best-selling debut novel, Cried For No One, introduced readers to Jace Foreman who returns in The Word. He and his wife split their time between their home in Nashville and their mountain retreat in Monteagle, Tennessee.

More about Hubert Crouch...

Jace Forman (2 books)
  • The Word

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • The Husband
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00