Start by marking “Strait of Hormuz (Marc Royce #3)” as Want to Read:
Strait of Hormuz (Marc Royce #3)

Strait of Hormuz

(Marc Royce #3)

The threat of an Iranian blockade of the narrow Strait of Hormuz is escalating global tensions. Sanctions against Tehran have begun to bite, and it seeks to retaliate by cutting off vital shipping routes for crude oil. The specter of a preemptive Israeli strike has US officials on edge as they struggle to keep the world from plunging into the abyss.

Stymied in its efforts
Published November 5th 2013 by Bethany House Publishers (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Strait of Hormuz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strait of Hormuz

Start your review of Strait of Hormuz (Marc Royce #3)
Kristine Morgan
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Marc Royce in Lion of Babylon, the first book in the Marc Royce trilogy. Marc is one of those characters that sticks with you long after you finish the book. He and Kitra Korban met in the second book, Rare Earth. They fell in love, but have apparently decided their lives are too diverse for love to survive. Now in the opening pages of Strait Of Hormuz they are reunited by danger. Will they follow their hearts, or will they again decide to be noble and sacrifice all?
Don't
Ed
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exciting finish to the Marc Royce series. I enjoyed the reference to Christian actions throughout the story. Some important Christian principles were on display in the story.
Wendy Sparkes
#3 Marc Royce Thriller

Wow, this series just keeps getting better!

Marc Royce is a favourite hero of mine. He is a warrior, yet also has a gentleness about him as well as a caring heart. He has a strong faith in God, and I appreciate how his relationship with God is a natural part of his life. He is not perfect, he does miss things, yet he takes responsibility for that; learns from it and moves on.

In #2 we meet Kitra Korban, an Israeli Marc falls in love with. At the end their relationship was
Nicole
Each book in this series had an element that made it different. Lion of Babylon bears the excitement of the "unknown" because a grieving Marc has just been thrown into a crazy and dangerous situation in a foreign land. In Rare Earth, Marc has more emotional control, and so the book comes from a different angle: the federal agent superhero instead of the uncertain but physically capable combatant. In Strait of Hormuz we find Marc in a battle to maintain his new stability even as he's thrown into ...more
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Another Marc Royce from author Davis Bunn. This assignment takes Royce from Asia to the Mideast, and on to Switzerland with nothing at all and no one to help. What is he doing there? Well, this time Royce is going undercover to investigate money laundering in the top of the arts, art. Davis Bunn starts this book off with a bang! This is a page-turner for sure.

I love anything Davis Bunn writes! As with all of his books, there is so much going on in Strait of Hormuz, so
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now Marc is an agent for the United States Government and was told not to follow this situation since it could cause an international situation if he continued would be fired. He was asked by Ambassador Walton to help find out the source of money laundering from an art purchase. If he continued following the leads he would be working without a backup.

We meets Kitra Korban was a very intelligent and perceptive woman who had been a part of Marc's past. She came from Israel to Geneva because she
David
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In typical Davis Bunn fashion, this book is superbly researched with some fine detailing that really makes you feel part of the many diverse settings. He is also a talented action writer. The problem I found was that the action peaked early and petered out without the necessary crescendo in favour of further developing the characters, which I personally found less convincing and interesting.
Chuck
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Middle East Intrigue and Adventure

Four stars for being an enjoyable read. Not five stars due to many choppy scene transitions. The novel is otherwise well written and very well researched. Some nice romance spiced up the novel, and the Christian overtones were tastefully done. Most readers, in my opinion, will enjoy reading this book.
Amanda Nunez
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Great writing and nice finish to the Marc Royce series. Wish there were more. Would have liked to know how they did once married though,but an amazing book without that as well.
Pegeen Stougard
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoy Davis Bunn's writing style, the characters and the places.
This was another I don't want to stop reading book. Thanks.
Becky
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yet another heart pounding suspense story to keep me riveted to the pages. Marc Royce, the maverick investigator, is back in the middle of the action. Exploding art exhibits, potentially stolen nuclear missiles, and money laundering are just some of the elements of this fast-paced story. Why is it titled "Strait of Hormuz"? Find out how critical this area of the world is when you read this adventure!
Michael
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1 Timothy 6:11-12
King James Version (KJV)
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

If you (like me) are a fan of Davis Bunn's action character, Marc
Gina Burgess
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW

A most exciting and satisfying sequel to Rare Earth. I highly recommend this offering by Davis Bunn. Marc Royce on another mission, this time to prevent global conflict and an Iranian nuclear arms attack... or would that be chemical warfare against the United States. Royce's love life is explored, and it is very well done, too.

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

1. The first two novels in the Marc Royce series have been bestsellers and also won praise from critics. Lion of Babylon was named one of Library
Margaret Chind
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Margaret by: Laura Christianson
This is my third adventure with Marc Royce and they are wild rides. Full of suspense, and action, but also down time with lots of scheming of good guys and bad guys and even enough romance to cause some grins. There is also plenty of faith in the characters where the reader even might be influenced in a spiritual light. I still haven’t read any of Davis Bunn’s historical novels (*gasp* I know!) but in the action adventure contemporary scene I’m definitely a fan. Love the Storm Sorrell novels, ...more
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hello Friends! I have a fantastic book for you today! Full of suspense, spies, and intrigue, it will keep you on the edge of your seat! It's Strait of Hormuz by Davis Bunn! (I received a free copy via NetGalley and Bethany House for my honest review) This is the third and final installment in the Marc Royce series. (currently, the first book, Lion of Babylon is FREE on Kindle! Check it out, you won't regret it! Book two, Rare Earth is also deeply discounted at the moment. :) While you probably ...more
Lisa Johnson
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Title: Strait of Hormuz
Author: Davis Bunn
Pages: 336
Year: 2013
Publisher: Bethany Publishers
A captivating story filled with suspense and action, with both the physical and spiritual battles as part of the plot is presented in this exciting novel. Here is the conclusion of the story of the characters first introduced in Lion of Babylon followed by Rare Earth, both authored by Davis Bunn, and what a conclusion it is too! A plot that has political intrigue with Israel and its allies on one side and
Wanda
Taken from the book - The Strait of Hormuz formed the only sea passage between the Persian Gulf and the open ocean. Almost a quarter of the entire world's oil was shipped through those narrow waters, making it the most strategically vital passage on earth.

Marc Royce was an agent for the United States government, a man who's job was to protect the innocent and to serve his country. But, officially Marc wasn't even a part of an intelligence agency because he'd been fired. Marc was in Switzerland
Mary Kay
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

TESTED LOYALTY, COURAGE, FAITH

With an economy of words and profusion of images, Strait of Hormuz by Davis Bunn is a story seemingly ripped from today’s news.

American Marc Royce has been sent on a clandestine intelligence operation that takes him to Switzerland, then across Europe into the Middle East, without backup. Without so much as a gun. He must penetrate the veil of secrecy around art thieves, smugglers, and terrorists to determine who he can trust as he uncovers which threats to himself
Lonzine
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First Lugal (a lion), then Shujaa (a warrior), and now he confirms, “It’s my job to protect the innocents… to serve my country.” That’s Marc Royce, the consummate man of conscience, daring and focus that author Davis Bunn has gifted to his readers in his exciting Marc Royce trilogy.

I’ve long admired Davis Bunn’s amazing ability to draw his readers into a story with compelling dialogue, compassion and action scenes. With the character of Mark Royce, he has outdone himself. We first meet Mark
Renee
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
When you pick up a Davis Bunn novel, you’re guaranteed to be swept away on an exotic adventure!

In his latest thriller, you’ll join Marc Royce and Kitra Korban as they investigate Iran’s threat to blockade the narrow Strait of Hormuz, cutting off vital shipping routes and escalating global tensions beyond the breaking point.

Marc is the State Department’s best-kept secret.

Kitra runs a kibbutz and occasionally helps the Mossad.

Kitra shows up in Switzerland just in time to save Marc from a set-up.
Karen
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: patriotic
I don't know what it is about me. I have always been fascinated with the military. Growing up I read everything I could, fiction and non-fiction, about the military. I had military pen-pals. I learned about military bases. If it weren't for basic training and all the yelling, I might have even enlisted. For a while there, I thought I was destined to marry someone in the military. So when Bethany House gave me the opportunity to review this book by Davis Bunn, I jumped at the chance.

I didn't
Doug
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
The Strait of Hormuz is the third in the Mark Royce series. Mark is an international operative. A good guy who saves the day — think James Bond or Jason Borne, but with a twist. Mark is a Christian and his adventures manage to have such elements. Since I enjoy the international agent type genre I was able to enjoy these books.

I can see from his bibliography that Davis Bunn also writes quite a few books involving romance. That is, he often writes for a more typically female audience. And I must
Cynde
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marc Royce is on the move again working as a freelance operative for his former boss Ambassador Walton. He has asked Marc to look into a report of money being laundered through the high end art world of Geneva, Switzerland. Walton tells him to trust no one, as there has been a leak of information reported.

Kitra Korban is contacted at the Kibbutz in Israel by a mysterious man who claims to be a friend of her father. He asks her to fly to Geneva to save the life of an important man, Marc Royce.
Sojourner
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
High-speed chase in a blazing red Ferrari, gun fights and loud explosions freely reverberated across the landscape of the Middle East and Europe as bestselling author Davis Bunn returns with the third and final installment in the Marc Royce Adventures series, Strait of Hormuz.

Marc Royce embarks on the most dangerous mission of his career chasing faceless villains, dodging deathly traps and learning to survive with only his wits as weapon as he is sent to investigate money laundering case via
Barbara
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Strait of Hormuz by Davis Bunn starts off with a bang and keeps up a steady pace through most of the story. Marc Royce was formerly an intelligence operative for the State Department, but was fired by his boss. Since then, however, his former boss has called him for a couple of missions in which he needs someone off the grid. In this case, there is possible evidence that Iran is up to something involving nuclear bombs. The money trail leads to an art gallery in Geneva, which explodes just after ...more
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
Marc Royce has been called back into action. This time he has been asked to unofficially look into the theft of some very rare pieces of art. He soon discovers that the thievery is a cover up of a more sinister plot. What he discovers could send shock waves throughout the entire world.

While this book can easily be read as a stand-alone novel, I personally think that you benefit from reading the whole story from the beginning. Start with Lion of Babylon to discover how Marc got kicked out of the
Christian Fiction Addiction
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Marc Royce became one of my favourite characters with his debut in "Lion of Babylon", solidified this position in the excellent follow-up "Rare Earth", and now again holds firm in his stature with his excellent performance in "Straight of Hormuz". Royce is such a finely crafted character that he truly seems alive, a real hero that both men and women will enjoy reading about as he dashes across the pages putting his life on the line. I honestly found this book impossible to put down once I'd
Lynn :O)
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
A man of action, a man of faith.

Marc Royce is at it again. Poor guy doesn’t catch a break. After recovering from his last two excursions (Lion of Babylon & Rare Earth) he is now on his way to Switzerland.
“An under-the-radar phone call from the U.S. State Department puts Marc Royce once again on assignment--ferreting out rumors of a clandestine operation stretching from Asia to the Mideast. At stake is Iran's threat to blockade the narrow Strait of Hormuz, cutting off vital shipping routes
Johanna
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, christian
description
North Korea – 9 shipping containers dispatched from a missile factory have gone missing, and need to be found- fast!

Mark Royce, former intelligence official with U.S. state department, has been sent to Geneva, tracking a money-laundering trail to one of Switzerland’s premier art galleries. But when the gallery is blown up, and it’s art stolen, he suspects the gallery was only a financial conduit of a darker scheme.

Kitra Korban is trying to put her failed relationship with Royce in the past,
Mary
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marc Royce, our favorite intelligence operative, is back with a story that is alternately heart-pounding and thought-provoking. From the luxurious and breathtaking beauty of Switzerland to the desert allure of the Sinai peninsula to adventure on the high seas, Marc finds himself pursuing a mission that appears to be nothing short of impossible. The opposition is formidable, and failure is not an option. Once again, Marc finds himself with an unlikely group of allies in a race against the clock. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Florian's Gate (Priceless Collection #1)
  • Last Light (Restoration, #1)
  • On This Foundation (Restoration Chronicles, #3)
  • The Daughter's Walk
  • One More River to Cross
  • The Third Target (J. B. Collins #1)
  • The Kremlin Conspiracy (Marcus Ryker #1)
  • Keepers of the Covenant (The Restoration Chronicles, #2)
  • Buried Secrets (Men of Valor, #1)
  • Fly Away
  • Without Warning (J. B. Collins, #3)
  • Until the Mountains Fall (Cities of Refuge, #3)
  • The Great Divide
  • The Skin Map (Bright Empires, #1)
  • The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings, #3)
  • Riders of the Pale Horse
  • The Amber Room (Priceless Collection #2)
  • Vanished (Private Justice, #1)
Davis Bunn is an internationally-acclaimed author who has sold more than seven million books in twenty languages.

Honored with four Christy Awards for excellence in historical and suspense fiction, Davis was inducted into the Christy Hall of Fame in 2014.

His bestsellers include The Great Divide, Winner Take All, The Meeting Place, The Book of Hours, and The Quilt. A sought-after lecturer in the

Marc Royce (3 books)
  • Lion of Babylon (Marc Royce #1)
  • Rare Earth (Marc Royce #2)
“Your story should open as a door to the reader, where the action has already begun and they have to run to keep up.” 2 likes
“It goes back to the passage from Proverbs. We don’t know what to do, where to go, or how. So I thought we’d try and take this time to find out what we want, and what God wants, and pray for each other.” 0 likes