Start by marking “Stranded (Alaskan Courage, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stranded (Alaskan Courage, #3)

Stranded

(Alaskan Courage #3)

When her friend vanishes from a cruise ship, reporter Darcy St. James isn't satisfied with their explanation that she simply left her job of her own accord. Something isn't lining up, and Darcy believes the only way to find the truth is to put herself in Abby's position. Within days, Darcy learns her friend wasn't the only person to disappear mysteriously. Last summer, a w
Published September 1st 2013 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Stranded, please sign up.
Shanna I started with this book, and it made sense to me. There was enough background information given to understand the past history of the characters.
Dorian The paperback edition is currently $10.20, the hardcover is $26.85 and the NOOK book is $8.99

Start your review of Stranded (Alaskan Courage, #3)
Brittany
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another thrilling addition to the Alaskan Courage series! Dani Pettrey has once again crafted an intense ride full of suspense, danger and sizzling attraction. If you haven't read Submerged and Shattered, stop right now and read those books! They set the stage for this exciting series. Shattered is a definite must read as Gage McKenna and Darcy St. James meet in that book and much about their relationship in Stranded is grounded by a knowledge of what they went through together in Shattered.

Darc
Rissi
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of suspence (i.e., Irene Hannon, Lynette Eason, Dee Henderson) or of Pettrey's prior novels
In case you hadn’t heard, the McKenna family is baaack! There’s been no secret made how well these novels resonate with fans – its ability to make us catch our breath then turn around and coax a smile brands this series as leaders of its genre. As a reader, the excitement and danger makes for a fast, entertaining read (the kind you never wish to see conclude) and specifically speaking from a point of relation, discovering an emotionally relatable character within these pages has been a wonderful ...more
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Age Appropriate For: 16 and up violence, romance, and references to the modern slave trade
Best for Ages: 16 and up

Yes, I went right from the second to the third book. I was so eager to find out what happens to the McKennas and Darcy. I also have to confess that I have a strange enjoyment for mysteries that take place aboard boats, so this one was right up my alley.

This one did deal with some harder subject matter of the modern slave trade. However, I felt that it was handled in such a way that n
Hannah
I love each return to Alaska and the McKenna family! This one was particularly engaging as Darcy is trying desperately to find her friend Abby, and hoping against hope that Abby isn't already murdered. I always love stories that show strong friendships, and it's great to see Darcy willing to risk her own life for her lost friend's. The mystery is good, too, with many twists that will be sure to keep anyone guessing.

It does deal with some harsh realities (international slave trade) so it may be g
Dora Hiers
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My summary~
Darcy St. James gave up investigative reporting years ago, but she still loves the thrill of tracking down leads. So when her friend, Abby, terribly frightened and distraught about her current story, contacts her, Darcy determines to help her friend uncover the truth. When Darcy arrives on the cruise ship, Abby has vanished. Restless and hoping to squash five month old memories of Darcy, Gage McKenna accepts the excursions gig on the cruise ship. The last person he expects to run into
Loraine
SUMMARY: When Her Friend Goes Missing,
Every Minute Counts

Darcy St. James returns to Alaska to join a journalist friend undercover on the trail of a big story. But when Darcy arrives, she finds her friend has disappeared. Troubled by the cruise ship's vague explanation, Darcy uses her cover as a travel reporter to investigate further.

The last person Gage McKenna expects to see during his summer aboard a cruise ship leading adventure excursions is Darcy. And in typical Darcy fashion, she's digging
Shash
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the McKenna family! They are such a close family, and are so welcoming to others. It was great to be with them again!

This series just continues to deliver! I've loved each book, and this was no exception. I'm excited to read the next one!
Julie Graves
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads, christian
Darcy has left undercover investigative journalism. But when her friend Abby calls her to come help her in her investigation of a cruise line Darcy cannot turn her down. Before Darcy gets a chance to meet up with Abby she disappears. Darcy is now determined to find what has happened to her friend.

Gage and his family have been hired to lead adventure tours for the same cruise line that Darcy is now investigating. Gage and Darcy have not seen each other in several months. Gage is determined to no
Hannah Lane
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
For about ten years, I've been looking for a Christian author to come around to compare to Dee Henderson, my favorite. I had high hopes for Dani Pettrey, but unfortunately I always find one "off" aspect of her books.
This book revisits Gage and Darcy, who were featured in the previous book, Shattered. Darcy is investigating the disappearance of her friend and Gage and his family end up being around to help.
Without giving too much away, I agree that the romance aspect seemed to fluctuate from te
Katie W
This is book 3 in a series, but I found that it was fine as a stand-alone. I haven't read the others and had no problem figuring out what was going on. After reading what the other two are about, it seems that they go more in depth with certain characters, so these main characters may have been mentioned, but were not the main focus of the previous stories.

This was a really suspenseful story with the added bonus of a romance in the wings. There are also some Christian moments, but they were def
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is Stranded by Dani Pettrey,* and it is the third book in her Alaskan Courage series. If you haven't read the previous two, its ok, but I highly recommend doing so because they are so fantastic. The cover alone is breathtaking. Just look:

The back is even more beautiful, but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out how to show it to you. :( Seriously, whoever did the cover photos and design, my hat goes off to you! It makes me want to just dive right in to that frigid water - or at least take
Naomi Rawlings
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Past heartbreak, a budding love, an elite Alaskan cruise ship, disappearing women, and a dangerous ring of criminals. . .

Stranded by Dani Pettrey offers readers a perfect blend of suspense and romance, with characters that seem so real they could jump off the page and become your best friends.

Darcy and Gage set the pages of Stranded practically on fire. Having already known each other for several months, these characters start the story with a lot of feelings and opinions about each other. Those
Rachel
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was a well written and entertaining Christian suspense novel with a romantic subplot. I really liked the characters and the interesting plot twists along the way. I truly enjoyed it, and I look forward to reading more of the series. It has earned its place on my favorites' list.
Nola Lorraine
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
When journalist Darcy St James is asked to join her friend Abby undercover on a cruise ship in Alaska, she knows something big is afoot. However, Abby goes missing before she has a chance to tell Darcy what's happening. Why are the crew reluctant to talk about the woman who went overboard and why is it so hard to track down the rescue crew? Meanwhile, hunky Gage McKenna has joined the crew to run adventure excursions through the company he and his siblings operate out of Yancey, Alaska. Can he l ...more
Jordyn Redwood
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

*** A strong 3.5 stars ***

This is my first read by Dani Pettrey and the third book in the series. It's clear why Dani is making a name for herself in the romantic suspense genre-- the romance angle is definitely her strength. I also really enjoyed the setting in Alaska.

A woman has disappeared off a cruise ship. Is she dead? Just missing? And could this be tied to other missing women?

I tend to gravitate to more thriller novels so when I do read romantic suspense I do like more of a 50/50 split
Shannah Mauney
This book is fantastic. It is just what I have come to expect from Dani Pettrey. A beautiful blend of mystery, romance, and a great message, I highly recommend this book! View my full review here. ...more
Rebekah
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Iola
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you like classic Dee Henderson (the True Devotion and O’Malley series), then you’ll love Dani Pettrey’s Alaskan Courage series—Submerged, Shattered and Stranded. I’ve read all three, and really enjoyed them all. Stranded is the third in a series, but you don’t have to read the other two first (although that might help you sort out all the characters—the McKenna family is large and growing).

When Darcy St James gets a call from her college roommate asking for help, she’s immediately packed and
Ashley
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sarita
This was one fast pace-can't-put-down read! This is probably my favourite book in this series and one of my favourite books of all time.

Darcy St James is undercover, searching for her missing friend Abby when she runs into Gage and the rest of the McKenna family on a cruise ship and daily excursions. I loved Darcy when she was introduced in Shattered, book two of the Alaskan Courage series. I just loved her character and spunk and how she and Gage interacted.

I loved this book - I loved the story
Melanie
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2RUSKSR...
Review on my blog (to be posted 9/28): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Stranded is the third book in Dani Pettrey's Alaskan Courage series (one of my favorite series), and another wonderful story! I still think my favorite is book two, Shattered, but I also loved this one. :)

The characters were so great! I knew from the previous books that I already loved the McKenna's, but I was pleasantly surprised by Gage - I didn't expect to f
Natalie (Megan) Hawthorne (Wilson)
I got a copy of this book from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review.

This was the first book by Dani Pettrey that I have gotten a chance to read - Wow, was I missing out! She isn't a good author, she is a great one! I am definitely planning on going back and reading the first two books of the Alaskan Courage series.

To tell the truth, I was a bit concerned about reading Stranded only because it was the third in the series. Generally, I try to read series in order for I don't like feeling
Laura A. Grace
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely Dani's best yet!

I absolutely loved Gage and Darcy's story! It was a lot more emotional then the first two novels, but it does not take away from the story in the least bit! In fact, it adds more to it because we get an inside look into Gage's heart and walk with him (as well as Darcy) as they both experience healing through Jesus!

I also really liked the main topic that Dani talks about concerning the suspense which was human trafficking! The overall story of this was so dist
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Another great book in this Alaskan Courage series. I'm reading them a bit out of order, but it doesn't seem to matter too much. This is a fun romantic suspense. Clean. Christian Fiction. So glad my e-library has them!
Candy
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this wonderful Alaskan series. What a good author who weaves mystery and romance together.
Amanda Tero
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading a few reviews where it said this book didn't have as much romance content as book two, I decided to read it. It was a good mystery, and yes, the romance and "close calls" weren't as detailed as in "Shattered," which I appreciated.

I've mentioned this in so many reviews, it seems redundant, but I really don't care for books where a Christian is knowingly dating a non-Christian, or starting a relationship with them when they "know better." That was the case in this book, so it dulled
Jessica Moe
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, I just finished this one and I feel like I’m trying to get my heart rate down. This book covers a topic I’ve been able to help raise awareness during a Super Bowl weekend before and is a topic I care a lot about. I texted a friend who has read these once I finished and told her. I feel like I need to come back to reality after this book, but the sad thing is, is that this happens all around the world. Great book though and enjoy!

I tried to be very vague with the topic so I hope it’s not
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Once again I enjoyed the mystery part of this story.
Again I did not enjoy the romance part of the book.
I did not enjoy the female character one little bit.
I did enjoy all of the secondary characters.
I was satisfied with the resolution of the mystery.
I think this is a very good writer but she’s not to my taste.
Nancy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good final book to the series (I read them out of order). I enjoyed this one quite a bit as the storyline was straightforward and the cruise ship setting was interesting.
Darcy as the "bulldog" investigator is a compelling lead character.
Celina Giddings
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps drawing me deeper and deeper in after each book. This one hit's a more serious subject matter but still a great read. I enjoy how each book a new relationship evolves as well. Super excited to see what happens next!

• Sins of the Past
  • Without Warning (Elite Guardians, #2)
  • Trapped (Private Justice, #2)
  • Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice, #1)
  • When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)
  • When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)
  • Tangled Webs (Men of Valor, #3)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • Buried Secrets (Men of Valor, #1)
  • Deceived (Private Justice, #3)
  • Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1)
  • When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1)
  • Always Watching (Elite Guardians, #1)
  • Thin Ice (Men of Valor, #2)
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • The Cost of Betrayal
  • No One to Trust (Hidden Identity, #1)
  • No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)
Praised by New York Times best-selling author Dee Henderson as “a name to look for in romantic suspense,” Dani Pettrey has sold more than half a million copies of her novels to readers eagerly awaiting the next release. Dani combines the page-turning adrenaline of a thriller with the chemistry and happy-ever-after of a romance. Her novels stand out for their “wicked pace, snappy dialogue, and lika ...more

Alaskan Courage (5 books)
  • Submerged (Alaskan Courage, #1)
  • Shattered (Alaskan Courage, #2)
  • Silenced (Alaskan Courage, #4)
  • Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage, #5)

News & Interviews

“It's your job to tell others about Jesus, about what He's done in your life and what He can do in theirs, but you can never make someone believe, no matter how strong or pure your intentions. Salvation is between that person and God,' Piper said.” 23 likes
“Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea—the Lord on high is mighty.’” You are greater than the danger surrounding me. She paddled on.” 1 likes