Start by marking “Tristan's Despair (Shifters' Haven, #8)” as Want to Read:
Tristan's Despair (Shifters' Haven, #8)

Tristan's Despair

(Shifters' Haven #8)

Wolf shifter Tristan Ambrose is delighted to finally meet his mate, but is human Joey Brooks prepared for the constant danger that life with a shifter entails?

When wolf shifter Tristan Ambrose unexpectedly meets human Joey Brooks outside the guesthouse where they both stay, he couldn’t be happier to have finally found his mate. But Joey is an ambitious young newspaper repo
Published October 11th 2013 by Total E-Bound (first published October 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tristan's Despair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tristan's Despair

Start your review of Tristan's Despair (Shifters' Haven, #8)
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story! Characters that will steal your heart. A storyline that keeps you on the edge of your seat and glued to your kindle! For me it was a love- hate deal as the characters face their demons. You will feel their emotions and struggles. A definite must read.

Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This story is part of a series and must be read in order. Tristan finds himself stuck between a rock and a hard place when he meets his mate, while he is delighted to meet his mate he is horrified to learn that he is a reporter who is there to dig up the truth behind the fires that plagued the town. Joey is an ambitious reporter determined to get to the truth, but when he gets involved with local Tristan he discovers more than he bargained for. Tris
Ro
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The reader advisory that the book can be read standalone but is better as a series is on target. I haven’t read all the books in this series and while I was able to understand and enjoy this book I think it would have been easier had I known the back story. There is enough given about the insane villain here so that you aren’t lost, however.

Tristan and the pack have been threatened by Evelyn, who appears to have disappeared, so they never know when the next attack will happen. She’s not messing
Phaney
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Ah, I know flawed characters are a good thing – in theory. But Tristan’s flaws are precisely the kind that rubs me wrong. Young guy in denial of his issues, trying to prove his adulthood and how he needs no supervision by behaving irresponsibly.

Tristan’s black jeans turned blue during his bike ride. Hm… I wonder what this book isn’t telling us about the time he spent with Brandon. :P

Joey’s side of his meeting with Tristan is hilarious, though. (view spoiler)

I appreciate
Hc
This is a weird one for me. Tristan was kind of all over the place. First he catches wind of his mate while attempting a hook up. Then later he tells his mate that it's his first time doing anything. There was a definite impression of prior experience at the beginning... at least to ME. But what about Tristan saving it for his mate? Ah a conundrum.. knock knock which was it supposed to be?

So the other big major thing is the time apart these two spend and where they end up. (view spoiler)
Jacq ~
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Nice read. Grrrr. MINE, my favorite part. Short and sweet!
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
I quite enjoyed reading this MM shifter romance & found the plot intriguing with some unexpected suspenseful situations or occurrences.
The characters are quite likable with interesting, complex personalities & are realistically flawed but they continue to develop throughout the story-line. There are character crossovers but this book can be read as a standalone although I would suggest that you read the series.
There is: a wolf shifter (Tristan) is delighted to discovery his human mate (Joey) o
John-Torleif  Harris
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tristan and Joey were an interesting pairing - and I found it odd that they weren't together for much longer than they were together, during the course of this story. Even though we've known Tristan from the other books, I would have liked to have delved more into his feelings about not really fitting in the Wolf Creek, small town. As it was, though there was some hint of his feelings, I was a bit unsatisfied with the seeming impulsive nature of his decision at the end of the book.

I did love the
Cynthia Brooks
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joey is a newspaper reporter from Dallas and wants to get the scoop on the arson attacks happening in Wolf Creek. Tristan a wolf sifter is restless and doesn't know what to do, then he sees Joey and knows that he's his mate. He finally is at peace with himself. Joey feels the pull to Tristan but doesn't think he can be happy in a small town. Can these two find a way to be together? I really enjoyed this book. ...more
Courtney Turner
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tristan and Joey’s story is a bit different then the others. This book has a lot less angst in it. They fall hard and fast but Joey who is human doesn’t know much about fated mates and thinks his job back at home is more important than a new relationship with Tristan but he soon finds out leaving Tristan behind wasn’t he really wanted. You will fall in love with these two and their happily ever after

Mim  Crenshaw
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This pairing had me a little wary. I was worried about Joey and his ambitions...if he would actually see the real Tristan and keep quiet about the pack. They had great chemistry, but I wish we couldve seen more of their feelings and thoughts on certain things. It was definitely well written and very enjoyable. Please keep them coming.

Nessa
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tristan finally finds his mate, Joey, who just happens to be a human reporter who is out to find out about the horrible fires that had killed and injured so many in Wolf Creek. I enjoyed their relationship although, the author did a great job of conveying the despair that Tristan felt when Joey had left him. The story was nicely written and the characters were intriguing. I truly loved this series. This was excellent. =)
Molly
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love is the greatest risk. Is it one worth taking?

Finding the half that makes him whole brings him into a different world.

Things will never be the same in so many ways. He must decide if the risk of live and everything that goes with it is a risk worth taking

Sara Sigler
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book, glad I took a chance to read this book. Seemed like Tristan was having a bad life with the drinking but then he found his mate and they got their problems sorted out and stayed together yay!
Tayra Sanders
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this book. I loved the twist and turns and ups and downs of this intriguing story. I enjoyed the characters.

Tina
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Tristan’s Despair by Lavinia Lewis. While this story is eighth in the Shifters’ Haven series, it can be read as a stand alone. I appreciated that Ms. Lewis tied up loose ends in such a way that it was easy to follow even if you were reading the series out of order which I have tended to do.
I thought Ms. Lewis gave us two likeable characters in Joey and Tristan. Both men were relatively young but had strong ideas of who they were and what they wanted. I loved that both were willing to
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Notes:

Lots of telling.

Awesome showing that it takes time to be ready to take in the penis.

UK English spellings like learnt in a book that takes place in the US.

Wow that was a sudden ending. Felt like half a story. It had potential to be a better book but the ending ruined it.

Sussan
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-books
Interesting storyline but was missing the connection between Joey and Tristan. Personally I think it needed to be more in depth
Kara Commins
Nov 23, 2013
Marie
Jun 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Under a Full Moon (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #1)
  • Half Moon Above (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #2)
  • Crescent Moon's Curve (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack, #3)
  • New Moon's Light (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack, #4)
  • Mine to Protect (Pine Ridge Pack, #3)
  • His Elder Dragon (Divine Dragons #1)
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • Sweet Nothings (The Chosen One, #0.5)
  • His Someone Special
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Mated to the Capo (Mafia Shifters #1)
  • Guarding the Runaway Omega (Alaskan Wolf Alliance, #2)
  • Convincing the Heartbroken Beta (Alaskan Wolf Alliance #3)
  • Taken by the Alpha (Knotted Omega, #1)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Mated to the Enforcer (Encantado Shifters #2)
  • The Escape Series #1-3: Getting Lei'd, Cruising for Love, and Island Hopping
Lavinia discovered reading at an early age and could always be found with her nose in a book. She loved getting lost in a fantasy world even then. When her parents bought her a typewriter for Christmas at aged eleven, her fate was sealed. She spent hours dreaming up characters and creating stories. Not a lot has changed.

Lavinia is a Welsh Valley girl who has lived all over the UK. Today she lives

Shifters' Haven (8 books)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven #1)
  • Cody's Revelation (Shifters' Haven #2)
  • Kelan's Pursuit (Shifters' Haven Book 3)
  • Aaron's Awakening (Shifters' Haven #4)
  • Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven Book 5)
  • Gregory's Rebellion (Shifters' Haven Book 6)
  • Pete's Persuasion (Shifters' Haven Book 7)