Start by marking “Hide and Seek” as Want to Read:
Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek (Family Reunions #1)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  260 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
SHE WON'T GIVE UP Erica James has spent the past three years as a skip tracer, hunting down others and hoping one day it will lead to her kidnapped daughter. Now she has a new suspect-Max Powell's missing sister. Max, a private investigator, has found evidence that connects the two missing girls, and together, he and Erica search for answers. The closer they get to finding ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hide and Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide and Seek

Sarita
I enjoyed this romantic suspense from Lynette Eason. The mystery around Molly's disappearance and Lydia's possible involvement was intriguing. I figured out the kidnapper 50% of the book, but there was a few other suspects thrown into the pool which gave me some doubts about my suspicions, but was not surprised when the kidnapper was revealed.

The ending was realistic given the circumstances.

All in all an enjoyable romantic suspense.
Rebecca McNutt
Much better than I thought it'd be, Hide and Seek is a captivating mystery and family reunion story about a courageous woman hoping to find her lost daughter. With the help of a detective, they might be able to bring her back.
Wendy Sparkes
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
#1 Family Reunions

When her child was went missing 3 years ago Erica James became a skip tracer so she could spend time helping other families with lost children as well as focus her skills on finding her own little girl.

So Finding the Lost was started, and has been very successful at finding children ~ just not her own.

A new clue has just been found.

Erica is going to leave no stone unturned in the hunt for her daughter. Even when the threats arrive telling her to back off.

Private Investigator Ma
Cathy Daniel
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So powerful!! I cried at the end. Definitely one of the best LIS I've read. If you like LIS and romantic suspense, you must read this one.
Rhonda
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I admit to shedding a few tears while reading this story. It is a timely story that I read this week with 3 people who were kidnapped 10 years ago all over the news right now. I hope more missing kids are returned home safely and sooner.

Erica has looked for her missing child for 3 years. Molly was taken from a field trip to the zoo at age 3. Erica marriage fell apart and spent the time looking for lost children. A new lead has come in. Molly's clothes with a finger print were found at a c
Sharon
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. At first I did not think I would complete it because it was about a missing child; a subject that I have always found deeply disturbsing. I did complete it and it had the perfect ending which was my favourite part of the book; will not go into detail about this as I do not wish to spoil the book for anyone else.

Once again I was impressed that the author thanked her readers and I am now assuming that this is common with Harlequin novels. It is a nice gesture.

The re-enforcemen
Hsiau Wei
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Erica has never given up hope in looking for her missing daughter despite that it happened more than 3 years ago. Molly was kidnapped during a school trip at the age of 3. A new lead indicated that Molly’s shirt and finger print was found in an abandoned house. She went there in the hope that she would find Lydia, a drug addict whom she believe have a connection to the kidnapping of Molly. Upon her arrival, she heard Lydia’s scream and saw she was being attacked. Following her to the house is Ma ...more
Crissy
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Found this book while looking for book with similar name and the picture drew me in. I love the Love Inspired Suspense books because they are love/mystery/Christian but nothing that is too heavy or too preachy. This one did not disappoint, we got to see the mystery of Molly and Lydia's disappearance, we got to see the love blossom between Erica and Max, and we got to see how Erica used her faith to survive these years of hunting for Molly. Things resolved as expected except the who dun it part.
Mikal Dawn
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
My thoughts:
For a quick read, this is a good book. Lynette Eason is actually one of my favorite authors, though this book isn’t her best.

Having said that, the whodunit—while predictable—still held tension, and there was overall good character development. I did find that Erica, the main character whose daughter has been missing for three years, didn’t portray the emotion I had thought she would have given her situation; however, I’ve never been in her situation (praise God!!!) and don’t know ho
Trinity Rose
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of Lynette Eason for years. I’ve enjoyed every book she has written and this one is another fantastic read.
Hide and Seek tell the story of Erica who’s daughter was kidnapped, but she never gave up hope of finding her. During this time her family and husband all pulled away from her, because she was so devoted to finding her daughter.
Erica and her brother and his friend started up a skip tracer agency to find other lost and kidnapped children in hopes of one day finding her daugh
Clare O'Beara
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author has a great style, combining suspense with romance in effortless, detailed stories.

In this book we meet a lady who has never stopped looking for her stolen daughter. To this end she has set up an agency specialising in tracing missing people, many of whom have been found to be living homeless. When she meets a man looking for his sister, her world seems to collide with his, because his sister is the person suspected of kidnapping her daughter.

With side visits to crack houses and ru
Dianne Sidebottom
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It must be hard not to give up hope when someone you love is missing especially in fowl play. Then for two people having a sibling who have been caught up escaping pain through drug taking involved in the plot by the perpetrator who has still got control over their lives. How family relationships changed because of the crime and contact was very minimal between them.
Hate being such a driven factor by this woman that you could understand the motive of wanting a child when physically she couldn't
Angela
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
I tend to stay away from Christian-fiction for my own personal reasons hat I will not go into here, but after reading the blurb for this one I must admit to being intrigued. So, I thought "what the heck, why not?" and must admit it was an emotional story with lots of family drama concerning a child's kidnapping, drug addiction, and a family that doesn't speak to each other anymore. There were parts I didn't like, but more that I did although I did figure out who the kidnapper was very early into ...more
Alyssa
I am so sad! I have read of few of Lynette Eason's books and have LOVED them! This I was disappointed by. I knew who did it; I didn't know the motive, but I knew who it was. It was also really annoying that Max kept thinking that he really wished he could take Erica in his arms. There wasn't really anything stopping him! I also found it confusing when the story flipped between Erica's and Max's points of view. I did really like the action and the way the romance progressed. I'm not sure if I'll ...more
Jill Twigg
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love trying to guess a who done it! Three years after Erica's daughter was kidnapped, a clue surfaces. A young girl, Lydia is being sought who's fingerprints were found on Erica's daughter's belongings. Another person searching for Lydia is her brother, a former cop but now turned PI. Max has been searching for his sister for some time and is now out to prove that she had no part in the kidnapping. In between hit and runs, stabbings, and gunfire, will love ensue and will Erica's daughter Molly f ...more
Tina
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story about a woman who, even after three years, hasn't given up hope on finding her missing daughter. Max, the private investigator, tries to keep her safe as she follows up on clues that lead her into danger. Also, it is possible that Max's little sister could have had a part in the kidnapping. Is the missing daughter still alive? That is the answer you will find when you read this story. I would recommend this book to others who like a little romance mixed in with suspense.
June
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome Eason suspense. Erica has been helping families find missing children since her own daughter was kidnapped three years previous. Suddenly there is new evidence in her daughters case and she finds herself working alongside Max, trying to find his sister, a suspect in the case. Many strange things happen to them since someone is trying to kill them. To keep them from finding Max's sister, or Erica's daughter?
Jill
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Family Reunions Love Inspired Suspense. Three years ago Erica James' daughter was kidnapped. Erica started working as a skip tracer. She was able to help other people find their children, but Molly had never been found. Now she has a new lead that she must follow, even if it leads to her brother or to the sister of the PI who wants to help her. I had an idea about the ending, but really wasn't 100% sure of my hunch.

Carolyn E
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Lynette Eason's books. As always, Hide and Seek is exciting with plenty of action plus romance.
Harlequin Books
"The suspense starts early on in this installment in the Family Reunion series. Addiction, estranged relationships and feeling unloved are all addressed in a skillful manner." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Family Reunions
Category: Inspirational Romance
Lisa
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this story from cover to cover. Erica never gave up looking when her daughter disappeared. With unwavering faith, she wouldn't give up, even when others tried to get her to. It's awesome to watch God reward her faith.
Lisa Feindt
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Habit forming reading!

I am so enjoying the escape these characters and story lines get me lost in reading! Really fun and yet engaging faith and family ... I just love the me time too! Ty! God Bless!
Tricia
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I never would have picked up this book based on the cover photo, but love the author. She didn't disappoint, the book was great.
Bernie
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hide and Seek review

Hide and Seek is the first romantic suspense mystery book in the Family Reunions series written by author Lynette Eason.
Erin
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had it figured out by about halfway through the story, but it was still a good read.
Samantha
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
A full of suspense and drama filled novel. Rich with emotion, and packed full of action. The "who done it" aspect of it was rather obvious but still very tense!
Kendra Armstrong
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Lynette Eason's books! Started reading this one the day it was released. Looking forward to her next release....!
JoAnn
I like Lynette Eason's writing, because it's not slow paced, but I have to say, this book was a bit too fast paced for me. But other than that, I liked the story line, the characters and the ending.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Family Reunions
Category: Inspirational Romance
Received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Catherine
Oct 22, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 12, 2015 10:15AM
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • The Lawman's Legacy (Fitzgerald Bay #1)
  • Shock Wave (Stormswept, #1)
  • Undercover Marriage (Witness Protection, #6)
  • The Baby Rescue (Witness Protection #2)
  • Stolen Memories (Witness Protection #3)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Ricochet
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...

Family Reunions (3 books)
  • Christmas Cover-Up (Family Reunions, #2)
  • Her Stolen Past