Start by marking “Mousetronaut Goes to Mars: with audio recording” as Want to Read:
Mousetronaut Goes to Mars: with audio recording

Mousetronaut Goes to Mars: with audio recording (Mousetronaut)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Meteor the mousetronaut returns to outer space in this exciting story from #1 New York Times bestselling author and retired NASA astronaut Commander Mark Kelly and renowned illustrator C.F. Payne.

3-2-1…blast off! The smallest member of the team, a mouse named Meteor, is back on board and ready to come to the rescue on an interplanetary adventure! With lively illu
Published October 1st 2013 by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books

To ask other readers questions about Mousetronaut Goes to Mars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mousetronaut Goes to Mars

Mousetronaut is ready for his next space adventure, but there is only one problem!

His name is not on the list...

1. Detailed and fun illustrations
2. Fun story!
4. Detailed information about mars missions and exploration in the last section of the book

1. Anthropomorphism that crosses my "imaginary line" from cute to not-so-cute.
2. The story parts from something that could happen to something that could
Astronaut Mike Kelly has written two nice picture books about Meteor the Mousetronaut. The first is called "Mousetronaut: Based On a (Partially) True Story." I read this second one with a group of five- and six-year-olds. It effectively integrates some facts about Mars into an adventure story. Children who want to know more about Mars, and NASA missions to the Red Planet, can read the afterword with their grown-ups.

I added this to the diversity bookshelf because it shows male and female astrona
Mark Kelly has been in space and there is a lot of information shared in this fun story. Meteor the mouse stows away on a trip to mars. The illustrations give us a peak into astronauts' lives on a mission, like being strapped in to sleep. The scenes with the mouse are vey cute. The back matter provides additional information on the future of the space program. I shy away from "celebrity" authors, but Kelly does a good job, writing about what he knows.
Adorable illustrations and fun storyline make Mousetronaut Goes to Mars a great read aloud for elementary age students. The appendix has a lengthy and informative section about Mars's terrain, orbit, also Russian and the United States space attempts (failures and successes) throughout the years. Parents and educators can use this as additional science curriculum when covering the planets, typically in 5th grade.
Illyra Vote
There is a mouse named Meteor that sneaks onto the spaceship named Galaxy which is headed to Mars. During the long Journey he stays hidden and is very worried that NASA will send him back home since his name was not on the list to board the Galaxy in the first place. But as they prepare to go to the surface they find the lander engines aren't working and lucky for the astronauts, Meteor is there to save the day and fix the engines! This is a very cute book with great pictures, perfect for forth ...more
4 1/2 for me! I love the fact, I love the mouse element. I love the learning about Mars. This is my second "Mars" book in the last few weeks and both have been fascinating on the what if, hows and why?

After reading the story, read the back two pages of information.

Things I learned from this book
I would weight less..on Mars
It would take 6 months to get there
And I 'duh' moment of an interesting fact, the spaceship would have to be pointed to where Mars would be in 6 months, not where it is when
Meteor, our mouse hero, travels to Mars. After a technical glitch makes it impossible for the humans to visit the red planet, Meteor pops up to volunteer to be the first to set foot on the planet. I'm not a huge for an of the book -- the mouse is a bit too personified for my taste and I wish the book included a bit more information about traveling to Mars. The afterward provides extensive and fairly kid-friendly information about what traveling to Mars actually entails. This is an appropriate an ...more
This one was ok. The illustrations were a 5. Storyline a 2. We only read it once or twice.
In a follow-up to the original story about a mouse that becomes an astronaut, Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story, Meteor is disappointed not to be included on the crew that plans to explore Mars. Not one to miss an adventure or a space flight, he smuggles his way onto the rocket. Luckily for his human companions, he saves the day when the engine on the landing craft fails, and he volunteers to gather samples from the planet. The mixed media illustrations are adorable and show Meteor ...more
Starr Elementary
Fun picture book about space exploration.
Fun story of space exploration.
Mousetronaut sneaks into a space mission to Mars and becomes useful when he's just the right astronaut to set foot on the surface. Mixed media illustrations with an afterward which discusses Mars and space missions.

I liked the creativity put into this story and the serious way in which it was handled. Readers view Mousetronaut just like any of the other astronauts because he trains with them and shares their passion for the profession. PreK-5.
Jennifer Heise
Well, I admit this is less scientific than the original Mousetronaut, but at least it's more up-to-date than, say, Mrs. Pickerell Goes to Mars!. For those who enjoy sharing science fiction with their children at an early age, Mousetronaut Goes To Mars doesn't disappoint. My six year old, who enjoyed the original story, also enjoyed this one and voluntarily re-read it to himself. Bonus Astronaut Mark Kelly doesn't hurt either.
Just as cute and informative as its predecessor Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story, even if the story is essentially the same with a few tweaks. This time around, the afterward focuses on Mars and efforts to travel there.
Jesse Henning
a mouse stows away and goes to mars. i've seen this looney tune before but this is still pretty cute, especially for kids that really dig on space.

but the idea of using a multi-billion dollar spacecraft to lower a mouse to the surface of mars, man
A mouse stowaway on NASA's first human mission to Mars becomes a hero when one of the landing craft's engines fails. Includes facts about Mars.
Cute story, with some basic info that might intrigue younglings... also great information in the back matter.
Some great information about Mars/space. Not my favorite book in the world, but cute with the mouse and informative.
Love the illustrations and how these books always give a lot of factual information at the end.
Meteor the mousetronaut saves the day when the mission to mars runs into a snafu.
Fun read and illustrations with more of a Space Race History and future at the end.
Dec 03, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Deb marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Lauren added it
Aug 02, 2015
Zoe marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Mousetronaut (2 books)
  • Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story
Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story Astrotwins -- Project Blastoff Foucault's History of Sexuality Volume I, the Will to Knowledge A Powerful Presence - The Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce and the History of Birmingham The Adventures of a Self-Managing Team