Start by marking “Legacy of Blood (Skye Morrison, #4)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Blood (Skye Morrison, #4)

Legacy of Blood (Skye Morrison #4)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  481 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Skye Morrison begged for death.
Published February 16th 2013 by J.L. McCoy

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of Blood

Samantha
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First off i want to say i love love the cover for Legacy of Blood it is just beautiful and the best so far.When i was asked to read the ARC for this book there was no way in hell i was going to say No after the cliffhanger of The Original Sin i needed to know what happened next.Well that and because i totally adore this series.

And oh boy it was like coming home to family it was so good to catch up with Skye,Archer and the boys i missed them.

J.L.MCoy knows how to draw you in with this series it j
Tracey
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Legacy of Blood

Book four in the Skye Morrison series, I was desperate to read this book after the cliffy in book 3!

With Skye now turned, this book takes us in a different direction. As we don't know if Skye is s goodie or baddie? So she's to be tested by the faithful, it's not going to be pretty!

Hagan takes on a bigger role in this book and I loved his take no nonsense characther in this book. If your looking for a heart throb then look no further than Archer, his is so cute and caring, but le
Katie
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow Once I started this book I could not put it down I had to know what happen next. Skye Morrison never thought she would become a vampire until she wakes up and wonders what happen to her. She doesn't won't this life but she has no choice. Amun is a bad vampire who kidnapped Skye, and now he is in her dreams visiting her. Soon Skye realize's that Amun was the one who did this. Archer had no choice but to give Skye his Blood he did not won't to lose her. Archer and Skye finally confess their fe ...more
Stacy
After the cliffhanger ending in book 3, we were left with the decision that Skye made and the choice Archer made for her... Skye's adjustment to her new immortality was at times hilarious... Amun is lusting after his creation and has given her an ultimatum and the final battle between Skye and Amun was pretty heart breaking...well for now anyway...I felt really bad for Jameson - really, really bad...but she made her choice and they all have to live with it...bring on book 5!!!!!
Cassie
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Skye Morrison has learned that vampires and werewolves are real. Since finding all that out, she has fallen in love with one, and secretly has a crush on another one. Being involved with vampires has changed her world, with being kidnapped and the worst that could happen…dying.

After waking up in a casket, Skye is faced with her fear. She is now a vampire and it wasn’t by her own choosing. It was either turn her or let her die, and Archer did what he thought was best and that was to make Skye on
Natalie
Legacy Of Blood by J.L. McCoy

~Synopsis~

Skye Morrison begged for death. Fortunately, someone didn't listen. Skye awakens to discover she has been irrevocably changed and the unprecedented circumstances of her rebirth have now created a new threat to her very existence. Sired by both the monster Amun and the vampire Archer Rhys, Skye must prove to the army of An Dilis (The Faithful) whose essence is most dominant within her and that she is not a danger to them or society. The Faithful soon discove
Lily
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Legacy Of Blood" by J.L. McCoy is the fourth book in the "Skye Morrison Vampire Series" and it picks right up where the third book "The Original Sin" left off, with Skye awaking to discover she was turned into a vampire, but different as any vampire ever created before, and sired by both Amun and the vampire Archer Rhys. While she is adjusting to her new life, learning all about being a vampire, she also has to prove to the army "An Dilis" (The Faithful) that she is not a monster like Amun and ...more
Romancing the Book
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Crystal N
Book provided by: ebook provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

The more that I read the series the more I get into them.

Skye Morrison is a woman that has found out that the unbelievable is really the believable. She puts on such a strong front but she is really holding deep secrets that make her doubt her true worth. She hates being lied to and having choices taken out of her hands. That is what she felt had been done to her. In th
Melissa
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am rating this series as a whole and not book by book.

I am always excited when I hear about a new series. Especially a vampire series. My first one was the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. After that, I was hooked. I find such great pleasure in knowing there are continuations to such wonderful books!!

This series got better and better. From book one, Blood of the Son, to this book, J.L. takes us on a action packed ride that doesn't disappoint.

In this final book, Skye can't seem to catch
Bex 'n' Books
Reviewer: Em
Rating: 5 out of 5 Fairies

I anticipated this book and was so pleased to have the opportunity to have the chance to get my hands on an ARC copy, and I must say yet again J.L.McCoy hasn’t disappointed with this one.

This is book four of a series that has had me gripped from book one, as soon as I finish the latest book, I find myself thinking about the next. After the end of the third book I wanted to find out what would happen next as the ending had me on the edge of my seat, this book
Emma Kelly
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, oh wow!! This book didn’t disappoint me.

I opened to the first page to be induced and transported back into the world of Caleb, Olivia, Jax and Gemma. I started to read and couldn’t put the book down. I wasn’t surprised as I had had the same experience with the first two books, the storyline wrapped around me and enfolded me thoroughly taking me on the journey.

Not only was I taken on Caleb’s and Olivia’s journey I found myself being taken in by the tremendous events that surrounded Jax and G
Marsha
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
(3.5 Stars)
"Legacy of Blood" is another good installment in the Skye Morrison Vampire series. This time Amun is back causing problems for Skye and the gang.

Skye has been turned into a vampire but us showing characteristics of the dark one. The special squad is brought in to determine whether she is an abomination and should be put to death. Until the determination is made, she is guarded non stop by Oleif from the special squad. He makes it more than clear of his dislike for her.

Skye initially h
Kirsty Bicknell
So after seriously wanting to slap Skye in The Original Sin for her behaviour, particularly towards the lovely Trey, I was relieved to see her back at almost her kick-ass self! Some of Skye's exchanges with Ruarc and Olief had me literally laughing out loud, and I felt this was the part of Skye the reader had missed during her darker times.
In Legacy for Blood there is a transition for all the characters as they adjust to developments and the reader has a different perspective as we view the vamp
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skye-morrison
Favourite Line “I need you safe, Archer; your family needs you safe. I won’t be able to do what I need to do if I’m worried about you." "I can't lose you to him Skye"

Whew! Man these books have been an emotional roller coaster for our poor girl Skye!! I was heart broken when she left my boy but, wow her and her new love are so adorable and sexy!! Anyway
So crazy guy Amun BLEW HIS ESSENCE INTO SKYE so she was changing into a crazy DarkOne just like him but, Archer couldn't let that happen so he qui
Tera
Loved the new book. Wow the ups and downs really suck you in and before you know it - you have finished the book. (of course - this happens with all good books.. ;)) Mrs. McCoy has done it again with LOB - it was everything she promised! My only diliema now is waiting for the next one - ;).

This book is about the struggles that Skye must face with her new life as a vampire. Is she like Amun or Archer's family? Who will she choose - Amun, Jameson, or Archer? Will she survive the tests from the Fai
Sarah (blissbubbley)
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
With my progression through the Skye Morrison series they have always got better and this one continues which is great as my first review was perhaps a bit harsh looking back. It's definitely a series to get into and progress through the books.

This book has a good mix of romance and action, I also loved all the humour aspects too. If you like your vampire stories then this is a must read for you.

I loved the way this book flowed and there is no messing about with un-needed writing this time. You'
Jeannie Christo
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Legacy of Blood - book 4 - 5 stars
This has to be my favorite book from the series. The beginning books are very important but this was the most action packed. The changes in Skye are incredible during this story. It was amazing to see how her relationships changed and developed with everyone. She has her hands full evading and finding Amun all at the same time.
I don't want to give anything away but I am super excited to see that there is going to be a book 5. That means more sexy, dominating Ar
Juli Valenti
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*I was gifted this book by the author, in exchange for an honest review*

...I honestly have no clue where to start with this book. I ADORED it.
As an author, it is so hard to make the reader feel what the character feels...fright, anger, hunger...and J.L. totally nailed it! I was anxious with Skye, worried for her, intrigued by her and with her.

Oh. There are no adequate words for my love and adoration.

GREAT cover by the way!
LOVE IT! <3

Can't wait for all the joyous things that J.L. is going to
Juli Valenti
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I was gifted this book by the author, in exchange for an honest review*

...I honestly have no clue where to start with this book. I ADORED it.

Oh. There are no adequate words for my love and adoration.

GREAT cover by the way!
LOVE IT! <3

Can't wait for all the joyous things that J.L. is going to
Maria Wilson
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Utter heartbreak

Another great read in the series. Skye is not just your ordinary vampire, she is so much more than anyone thought possible. Archer and Skye finally get together! About time right! Amun is determined to make Skye his mate and during the stand off with Amun someone close to the family is killed. Skye's power is revealed and she makes the ultimate sacrifice in order to save her family from Amun once and for all. The confrontation between Skye and Jameson tore me into pieces. Poor Ja
Debbie
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Fantastic.

I bought this when it first came out and forgot I had it.
I started reading it this morning and couldn't put it down. Finished at 6pm
I love the way Skye has turned out. (Not saying anything I dont want to give away anything.)

It's a bit more sappier than I like but it's not enough to turn you off.
Has a lot of similarities to Chigagoland Vampire series By Chloe Neill. The way both girls turned out after being turned and being loved by the head vampire (boss).

Can't wait for #5
Shana
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing! but I really didn't expect anything less! I'm super excited that the story is continuing!!! I was kind of sad when I started the book because I thought it was the last.

as always, J.L. is a fantastic writer with an imagination that is out of this world. the cover for this book is beautiful. I was on the edge of my seat the whole book. Skyes trials were so heart breaking but I knew she could overcome. the story flowed and was fly by the seat of your pants exciting! cant wait for book five
Wanderlust
I am just about to start.. but first i must say..
£5.14 for a forth in the series book!

way to keep your fans.. ah, not.
If i was not as absorbed in this as i am I would be throwing a hissyfit over the price compared to the other books

Interesting book & interesting outcome. I am still considering if i will continue the series of not
Lorenda Morris
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
J.L. McCoy has outdone herself with Legacy of Blood! The story was fast-paced and engaging from the first sentence. Skye's character has developed so much over the course of the series. While I admit I wanted to choke her the whole last book, J.L. gives us the full explanation for her full on drama queen behavior. LOB gives us an evolving main character that I look forward to continue watching.
Colette Wills
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am a bookaholic and I fell in love with this series in the first chapter of book 1. My husband whined at me for not going to bed until 3am cuz I just HAD to know what was next! Can't wait for the next book!
Kaila
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaaa wow......this series gets better and bettter...I cannot believe what skye is becoming...I feel so sad for.jameson though but love archer...I hope things get back to happy places for skye and Jameson but loving whats going on
Nova-Starr
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As always SPECTACULAR

As always SPECTACULAR

Just gets better and better. I am so in love with the whole family. if I was ever to be a vampire THIS would be the family I would want.
Crystal
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. Makes me wonder what the author has in store next.

Read my full review on RtB in several weeks.
Vera A Concho
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Series continues.....

Good read. Skye has become the next generation of bad ass vampires thanks to Amun the very first vampire created.

Myra Espino
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love how the story goes.. But I'm kind of sad of what happened with Jameson.. Can't wait for the next book! *sigh*

Over-all rating: 5 stars!
  • Blood Life Seeker (Kindred, #2)
  • Dark Salvation (Immortalis, #5)
  • Burdened By Desire (Elemental Sisters, #2)
  • Soul Surrender (Soul Stripper, #3)
  • Coveted (Gwen Sparks, #3)
  • The Edge of Hope (Bad Blood, #1)
  • The Royal Flush (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #3)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #2)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Dark Innocence (Dark, #1.5)
  • Reawakening (Regent Vampire Lords, #3)
  • The Vampire's Fall
  • Hidden Trump (Bite Back, #2)
  • Steal the Day (Thieves, #2)
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Vampire (Desires of Blood #1)
  • Nicki Sosebee Foursome (Nicki Sosebee, #1-4)
J. L. McCoy currently writes Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance and is the author of the Amazon Best Selling Skye Morrison Vampire Series. She resides in the great state of Texas with her family, their opinionated Pekiweenie Isabel, and “Big Boy” Strike. She is a self-proclaimed book nerd, sushi addict, metal head, and body art junkie.

If you’d like more information about her or her upcoming boo
More about J.L. McCoy

Skye Morrison (6 books)
  • Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison, #1)
  • Sins of the Father (Skye Morrison, #2)
  • The Original Sin (Skye Morrison, #3)
  • Revelation of Blood  (Skye Morrison, #5)
  • Retribution of Sins (Skye Morrison, #6)