Start by marking “The IF Diet” as Want to Read:

The IF Diet

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  206 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Kindle Edition
Published January 12th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The IF Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The IF Diet

Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
this was a quick and easy read. it was written to be popular with the masses, so it was "witty", and had basically zero references to anything that might have backed up the bold claims made in it. it did have an extensive list of studies and articles at the back of the book, but that doesn't really tell me anything. i do find this topic really interesting though, and plan on reading up on it more. hopefully the next book will succeed a little better in convincing my inner sceptic, as well.
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read and understand. However, the science behind IF has not been explored as well as some other books do and it is rather short on references.
For those who do not wish to read a lot of research it is a suitable introduction.
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I appreciate how this book reveals why and how intermittent fasting and fasting works, as well as the different ways to do it.
Robert Skinner also included an impressive and extensive list of references and studies to support the information in "The IF Diet". He did his homework and I am grateful for authors who take the time and effort to do so.
I am a bit leery of the many flash books that appear on popular subjects. However, t
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It seems to work

I have tried the thirder for just a couple of weeks while doing another program at the same time. Though the scales said I hadn’t lost any weight, I felt tons better and lighter. I quit both programs but have decided to go back to the IF Diet and give it another go. This time I will follow the IF Diet better so I will actually get the results I’m looking for. Once completed losing 5-10 lbs. it will be much easier to recommend others to read and try the IF Diet.
Mrs Susan Farrington
Highly motivational

Found this book easy to dead and highly motivational. Have been using traditional low fat diets for years without success. Will definitely give this a try and gat my husband to join me.
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read. Good pointers.
Michelle Morgan
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Very informative book which held you understand how and why food affects us. Will keep for future reference. I recommend it.
Michael S. Mesnard
This is a great book.

I love this book and this guys writing style. very informative and a fun read. it makes perfect sense. you dont need to eat every 4 hours, but we all have been led to believe we do and we wonder why we are a nation of lar dasses. all we do is graze on junk 18 hours a day, sleep and then repeat. im getting off of this merry go round and going to one meal a day. steak. fries and no more hour a day on the treadmill.
lynn skelton
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple and informative, i loved it.

Simple and not patronising, easy to follow, my favourite book up to date about intermittent eating. The exercise section was easy to understand and made perfect sense.
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best overview of IF I have ever read but there's plenty of science and references to dig deeper. For anyone who's been contemplating an exploration of intermittent fasting, I would recommend reading this.
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is a very easy to read look at the research behind intermittent fasting. The author explains the three most common IF strategies, giving a pretty good overview of each. He also discusses exercise and strategies for optimizing your results.
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I...

Excellent!!! I loved it!! To read it , and read it , and read it . . . . .
Brian Flynn
Kim Praesto
Feb 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Aka Robert E. Skinner.

Robert Skinner has degrees in history (Old Dominion University) and library science (Indiana University) and studied creative writing at the University of New Orleans. He’s widely known for his non-fiction writing on the career of African-American novelist Chester Himes and on the American hard-boiled crime story. He makes his home in New Orleans where he’s University Librari
More about Robert Skinner...

Nonfiction Deals

• K2: Life and Death on the World's Most Dangerous Mountain
  • Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
    $12.99 $1.99
    $10.49 $1.99

“Intermittent fasting definitely and massively increases autophagy.  And thanks to our caveman history, it thrived.  In times of little food, lysosomes would race around the body looking for damaged cells, pre-diseased cells, and cells which weren’t doing much.  It would chop them apart - into their smallest parts - and either burn them for energy, or use them to repair other areas.  Simply, it would perform miracles without any outside help.” 0 likes