Start by marking “In the Stillness” as Want to Read:

Natalie is a cutter.

Clawing at walls built by resentment, regret, and guilt, Natalie cuts as an escape from a life she never planned.

Staying present is only possible when you let go of the past. But, what if the past won't let go?
Published April 9th 2013 by CreateSpace

Start your review of In the Stillness
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

6 HUGE STARS!!!!

Powerful. Painful. Raw. Emotional. Beautiful.

In The Stillness blew me away. A painfully heartbreaking, emotionally charged and beautifully crafted story of love, loss and healing.

YOU ALL SHOULD READ IT!!!!!!

I have to admit, when I first heard about this book, I was a little scared to start. It had a lot of dark and painful themes – namely that the heroine was a cutter. But from the few people I’d talked to who’d read it, all I heard were incredible things.

What convinced
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
5+++ Stars!!!

This has easily become one of the most astonishing books I've read all year! Powerful, candid, and exceedingly emotional is how I'd best describe the beauty that is In The Stillness.

I exist. Right? ...This is the chilling opening line that perfectly sets the stage for the self-doubt and devastation that will flood the pages to follow. It poses both a question and a statement...and we eventually find the answer and affirmation to each.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Natalie Collins is a cutter. Yes—very blunt
Brenna
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 +++ Stars

This is one of the best books I have EVER read. It’s been days since I finished and I haven’t been able to bring myself to even open another book. Massive book hangover! I am so incredibly in love with this book!

In The Stillness is a fabulously written, thought provoking, emotional, heart-wrenchingly beautiful story about love, loss, grief, forgiveness, and healing.

It is Natalie’s story. Natalie is a wife and the mother of young twin boys. She had plans, goals, and dreams of a life
Christy
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5+ MUST READ Stars!!!

photo bb8e7462-4407-4dbe-9495-fb87b4fc598d_zpsd4ec6a42.jpg
Natalie is a cutter.

What can I say about this story... It was an emotional and beautiful story of healing, forgiveness, redemption, and a second chance at a first love. One of the best books I have read this year. I would recommend it to everyone.

photo 7217b307-d2af-4f78-a360-e133ec572e7d_zpsa9d7b35e.jpg

This is Natalie. Natalie’s life hasn’t turned out according to plan. Not at all. She is supposed to be traveling to world with her anthropology degree. Instead, she is tied down.
Jill
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was ok

Doubt I'll do a full review, but let's just say that this really wasn't my cuppa.

I am a hero-centric reader, so rarely if ever will the heroine make a book for me. But she sure can break it. And this was the case here. Nothing about this female character endeared me. I know she was depressed, I know she was in pain, I know she was a cutter. But she engendered no sympathy in me whatsoever. Her whiny angst just grated on me to the very last line.

Despite the heroine being in her early thirties
Valerie
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm probably in the minority in regards to this book, but I feel like honesty is the best policy. After reading this book, I felt downright depressed and all I could think was :

And not in a good party way, in a let me erase this depressing thing I just read way. I get that Natalie had it rough but the way she acted was stupid and more importantly selfish. She constantly played the blame game, acting as if her free will was taken away the moment she got pregnant. Uh, bitch please. No one forced
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
WOW! That book was intense! *wipes brow*

Was it something I'm used to reading every day? NO!
Was it hot and smutty? NO!
Did I love the heroine and totally relate to her? NO!
Did I still get totally captivated and sucked into it? YES!
Any book that can do that to this well seasoned reader deserves a high FIVE stars!

photo tumblr_mh1r2vgMKy1s446qto1_500_zps5ec311b8.gif

So, I had several emotions while reading this rather long, dark book.

A fair amount of the book left me feeling....

photo Pullmyheartoutofchestandeatit_zpsb8ace42d.gif

I mean the entire book is riddled with....

photo angsty_zps4cafb11e.gif

I don't know which
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
God, I miss you.
I love you so much, Natalie, and when I get home I’m going to keep loving you until you tell me to stop. But don’t, please. Don’t tell me to stop.
With everything.
~ Ry

description

In The Stillness isn't pretty.It's dark,emotional but hopeful...

Natalie is a wife and the mother of young twin boys. She had plans and goals of a life experiencing new things.That all changed when she got pregnant.Now Natalie is struggling day to day with a life she never wanted and issues unresolved
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-kid
Don’t tell me to stop.
With everything.
~ Ry

I wish I knew how to rate this book, I really do. I want to give it a 1 star and 5 stars!!
Messed up right?

The summary doesn't give you much, but its ok I guess.. You should still read this book; because the story is bloody amazing.
Its like you're reading someone's private diary. Reading through their thoughts, feeling
Anna
5 GRAB-YOUR-KLEENEX-AND-HAVE-A-PITCHER-OF-TEQUILA-HANDY-BECAUSE-YOU-WILL-UGLY-CRY ~ STARS !!!

THIS BOOK WAS BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!HEARTBREAKING EMOTIONAL JUST BEAUTIFUL !!!!
Song on repeat : The Space Between by Dave Matthews Band

This is a story about Natalie and Ryker. Natalie is a wife, mother, and cutter. Clawing at walls built by resentment, regret and guilt. Life happens. Her life plans got derailed......

Ryker is a soldier in the National Guard. September 11 happened and he was deployed to
Amy | Foxy Blogs
$1.99 deal - http://amzn.to/1gmgqOx
5/21/2014
*****************************************

WOW! I haven't cried over a book like that for a long time. This one 'cut' me deep.

Natalie thinks she is in control of her pain, anxiety, and fear by cutting to release the hurt she feels inside. It's her living nightmare.

Without recapping the book...I will say that Marion summed up the book best, "That's one of the most beautiful stories I've heard in a long time."

description

Buddy read this book with (click name to
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
4.5 stars!

"Change never comes slowly, brewing on the horizon. It’s always in a second. Balanced on the tip of a razor blade, in empty pill bottles, behind two pink lines, or learning that one of your children is slowly slipping into a world of silence."

Man oh man! This book is so sad!
I don't even know where to Begin!
I gave myself a day before writing this review because I had such mixed feelings..

Let me start...

Firstly- this book grips you, its so excellently written and you feel so sorry for
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
5 BRILLIANT EMOTIONAL STARS

Ok to be honest if I didn’t see Aestas review I would have NEVER read this book.

The blurb is as follows:

Natalie is a cutter.

Doesn’t tell you much yeah??!!!

I needed some more emotional, I’m a bit sexed up after all the
Charles Sheehan-Miles
Shelves: favorites
I'm going to write a full review of this sometime close to the release date, but I wanted to say something now.

I was lucky enough to read this in first draft form as Andrea wrote it, chapter by chapter. Gut wrenching subject matter, it's a story about the growth of a woman who struggles with harming herself, it's about real issues: struggling with self-destructive behavior, parenthood when you never expected it, marriages that aren't working out, and the pain of watching loved ones go off to war
Smitten's Book Blog

Wow. Just wow!

This book was absolutely outstanding, totally brutal and completely worth the heartache. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into with this. The blurb doesn't give much away at all, so I had no idea what to expect, other than a story about self harm.

But this is a story about love, loss, addiction, coping, drowning, dreams, fears and reality.

"I would go through every single second of that again it it meant I still got to feel that kind of love - even for a moment."

destini mia
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“They took his soul over there, fuckers, and left me with the breathing carcass.”

In the Stillness was intense, emotional, and breathtakingly honest. This is a story that touches your heart & mind and left me speechless in the end.
____________________________________________

The Story

____________________________________________

“But, the thing about guilt is, no one can take away for you; you have to unpack it yourself.”

Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW. This is a story someone can easily
Lise *friends don't flag*

4.5 Stars!
I found a winner! Yes, this book pulled me out of my book funk!!

Even though the subject matter was painful, depressing, raw and had many boo-hoo sniffing moments; it had me on the edge of my seat wanting more.

Natalie’s story was so heartbreakingly beautiful. The author told her story in such a way that I was completely involved and felt what Natalie felt as a mother, wife, college student, daughter, friend, someone in love, and someone lost.

I loved the way the story was told
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book frustrated me in all the best ways...

Where to begin?

It was an absolute train wreck. A sweet, beautiful, f**ked up train wreck. I couldn't look away. Natalie, she was--I hated--why did she--I couldn't. She broke my heart. I know I was suppose to feel sorry for her, but she broke my heart for everyone around her. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I wanted to punch her face.

And when I say my heart broke for everyone, I do mean everyone. I was, in my own messed up way, Team Eric. I
Jaela
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

I read this book in just 6.5 hours. After recent failed attempts of finding a decent one, we have a winner!

I can't say it was perfect (I had a lot of issues with it), but it wasn't boring either. It felt real. No dragging.

You know that split second? The one where you decide if you’re going to just smile and continue looking around, or chance an encounter with a stranger? It’s a dangerous moment. It changes absolutely everything.

Natalie meets Ryker when she's very young. It is a love of the
Kirsty
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit.. Andrea Randall can write!
"Sheryl Crow is so full of shit. The first cut most certainly is not the deepest."

In The Stillness isn't pretty. It's dark, gritty, emotional, horrifying, but hopeful. Andrea doesn't hold back with In The Stillness, she puts everything out there and it's up to you to suck it up and roll with it. I did and I don't regret a single second. The opening scene is of Natalie cutting.. shocking way to start a book yes, but did it work? Totally. I was pretty much
AJ
ABSOLUTELY FREAKING PHENOMENAL!

Oh my God, this is a powerful, powerful book, and an instant addition to my favourites shelf. The characters are fantastic, the storyline is strong, the emotion is intense, and the writing is brilliant. From the very first page, I could tell I was going to experience something really epic. And I absolutely did. This little book totally blew my mind!

Natalie is a very unique heroine. Broken and drowning in a life that she despises , she is married to a man she no
Desiree
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
ALL ABOUT FORGIVENESS 1/2 Stars

FORGET YOUR PAST, FORGIVE YOURSELF, AND BEGIN AGAIN

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Firstly, let me just say I was a little hesitant on whether or not I should begin this book obviously because of the sensitive subject matter. My initial thoughts were do I really want to read about a cutter? Not to sound insensitive. Needless to say, I’m glad I went with my gut instinct and gave it a go.

The story surrounds itself around Natalie who couldn’t be more of a mess.

Natalie is a
Kim Bailey
5+++ Stars

This book is so incredibly brilliant. There is no possible way I could express the deep emotional impact of this story. I loved every word. In fact, I could not put this down ... yes, I read it in one sitting ... devoured it from cover to cover.

I found myself connecting so strongly to our main character, Natalie. Her struggle with guilt was so honestly and realistically portrayed. It was heartbreaking, yet inspiring. Her relationships where so true to life.
I hated Eric, his pompous
Debra

I loved this book! It was not an easy subject BUT it also wasn't as sad/angsty as I was expecting it to be. The story was heartfelt, emotional, heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time and I loved the author's captivating, lyrical writing style that made it unable for me to stop reading once I started this book.

An absolute must read.
Lucia
Apr 12, 2013 rated it liked it

Mother, wife, cutter. Natalie is unhappy, depressed and miserable. Her role of stand-home-mum irritates her and her marriage with Eric is not what she wanted. She is just a ghost of a woman she used to be 10 years ago when dating Ryker. What events lead to this?

My Eric, Natalie and Ryker:

In The Stillness covers many topics. War, PTSD, cutting, marriage, motherhood, broken dreams. If I could connect with heroine/narrator at least a little bit, it would definitely be a 5 stars read.

At first, I
M. ~ B&B
***Update 7/15/13***

I just saw this awesome fanmade book trailer and thought I'd share with you all.

Also, I want to say something about the cutting. I know some people refrain from reading this book because of it. I'm not gonna lie, the heroine does indeed cut herself, but the cutting is not what this book is about. It's just her coping mechanism, just like alcohol is for others. This is a beautiful, deep and emotional story and it's not because of the cutting.

It's just me Shelly B
 NO.....just NO

I tried really hard to finish this book multiple times. At first I thought it was my mood so I put it down and waited.......

Annnnnnddddd WAITED.......

Then I tried again.........MULTIPLE times.

Guess what it never worked!!! I just could not get past the heroine and her CONSTANT PITY PARTY for herself!!!!!!!!

Then to top it off and this is probably the biggest reason I didn't like this book because she always had such NEGATIVE opinions of her children.......like they ruined her
Kim  *Mo Chridhe*
**EDIT** 07/11/2013
$3.99 $0.99 until Saturday. What a steal! This is one of my all-time favourites!

5 heart-tugging stars!!!

To say that this book affected me in a huge way would be the understatement of the year. By the end of the book I was wailing 'I DON'T WANT IT TO ENDDDDD!!!!' while simultaneously hugging my iPad.

When I see reviewers or book blurbs describe a book as 'raw' I never really understood it. So I decided to look up the definition and three meanings stood out: 1. not diluted or
Kirsten P
Shelves: favorites-2013
It’s been a few days since I've read Andrea Randall’s In The Stillness, and I can’t get it out of my mind. I read the blurb, and I was intrigued. Then I heard from a friend that it was the best thing he’s read all year… ALL YEAR! Such high praise, really? Okay, I had to check it out, so I added it to my TBR. I was fortunate enough to be offered the opportunity to have an ARC. The words you will be reading below, will in no way, shape or form do this book justice. Andrea Randall has blown me ...more
Erica
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
For me, it's usually the books that are the hardest to read that stick with me the longest. This is by far one of my favorite reads so far this year!

The ending . 1 1 Jul 04, 2019 05:48AM
Looking for books like this 12 103 Jan 02, 2018 05:32AM
Buddy Read Zone: In The Stillness 5/4/13 957 148 Sep 21, 2013 06:03PM

• The Final Piece
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Going Under
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Fighting Redemption
  • There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Coming Home
  • Back to You
  • Emancipating Andie
  • A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters, #1)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1)
  • What Price Paradise
  • When It Rains (Rains, #1)
  • Arsen: A Broken Love Story

Currently working on a new New Adult series,titled, "Jesus Freaks".

Titles Now Available:

5. Bo & Ember

Novellas (stand-alones):
1. Something's Come Up
2. Bar Crawl

I started writing poetry long before writing fiction. I firmly believe Poetry is a solid foundation for all
“Heroes don’t always wear capes, badges, or uniforms. Sometimes, they support those who do.” 61 likes
“It feels like a lifetime ago that I was saying goodbye to you...
God, I miss you.