Start by marking “Forged by Magic: Origins (Forged, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Forged by Magic: Origins (Forged, #0.5)

Read Excerpt

Forged by Magic: Origins

(Forged 0.5)

Forged by Magic: Origins is a collection of FIVE short stories, featuring the characters from the Forged series. This is the first of two prequels/companion books to the series.

Each story is told from a different character's point-of-view. Find out how the Amulet and Dasht-e Kavir have been created, and how the powers of the Universe opened the gates to other dimensions,
Published May 31st 2013 by Three Graces Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Forged by Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forged by Magic

Jennifer Treviño
This anthology offered good insight to characters we already know & love, but also gets us excited to learn about other characters to come. With the different versions of scenes by each character I feel much more in the know. Regardless of wether or not you've previously read Forged by Greed I believe this story will leave you intrigued as Angela gives us just enough to peak our curiosity & definitely wanting more.
I loved learning about the Mages with all their magical awesomeness! I e
Brenda
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Forged by Magic: Origins, is a collection of short stories the are like appetizers. Every little story bite wets our hunger for more. And the feast can be found in Forged by Greed, the novel.

Because I read the novel first, I know what will eventually happen to the goddesses and the amulets, two of the characters in two of the short stories. And that is so fun.

But now I also look forward to reading more about the little nymph and the Brothers, in what I can only hope will be a second full length
Alexia Purdy
Thrilling mythology of worlds parallel to ours. This is an amazing prequel that can be read as a stand-alone to the first novel in the Series: Forged by Greed.

Filled with descriptive scenery, magical characters and of course, tons of magic, this was an enchanting read, following the mythos of whole realms that exist outside and alongside our world. It gives some background on the two Goddesses of Earth: the winter Goddess Crystal, and the Summer Goddess – Amber. Though it doesn’t go into a lot o
Crissy
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Forged by Magic” is a great read and I recommend you reading “Forged by Greed” first. “Forged by Greed” lightly introduced us to some of the characters but there are characters that played a huge part in creating the amulet used in “Forged by Greed” and this book gives us information on who and what they are and the part they played in the creation of the amulet. It also gives us more information about the summer and winter goddess; who even back then weren’t on the best of terms. This book giv ...more
Suma Subramaniam
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because it is not only a short and quick read, but it also gives the reader an insight into the creation of Forged by Greed. The collection of stories have mystical and fantasy elements that find a place in the novel as well. The author covers important characters and elements of Forged by Greed in this short story collection. I highly recommend the book to fantasy lovers, and anyone who has/is interested in reading the current and upcoming "Forged" series of books.
Fabio
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Orlowski-Peart creates wondrous worlds in this collection of short stories. They work as stand-alone tales or as an introduction to "Forged By Greed." The imaginative descriptions and powerful imagery transported me to the universe of Mages and Godesses. My favorite stories are the fourth--so incredibly romantic--and the last one, which reads like a fairy tale, full of beauty and darkness. An amazing read. Readers of fantasy will love this collection.
Valerie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fae
Well I have to say my interest just keeps peaking. ;) Love the mages and learning about them even more. There's a lot of description and you really do find yourself within this realm. So many secrets you'll keep reading to just find out trust me!! Thanks for creating such great characters and a great story plot!
Barbara Rauch
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These stories are a prequel to Forged by Greed and are well worth the read because they set the background tone for the rest of the series. Seven mages, two goddesses, two amulets. Ancient powers are channeled by the Mages into two amulets to ensure stability in the world. One is given to the two rival Goddesses and their Shifters, each to have possession for a thousand years and then to give it peacefully to the other. The first to receive the Amulet is the Winter Goddess Crystal, who must put ...more
Theresea Wasson
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. This is a short novella prequel to the Forged Series. It gives you a short introduction to some of the major players in the series (there is a part 2 prequel novella soon to be released). I don't know if I have read these books out of order, but I enjoyed this short introduction, and now look forward to reading the 1st book itself. Just from this beginning, I have already picked a favorite character, and hope that she will become a true ...more
books are love
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Received this through the making connections ya group in goodreads from the author in return for a honest review.
the five stories helped me to understand more about what was seen in forged by greed.

the amulet itself is interesting to hear how it was created and how Amber was jealous of why this was done.

Amber: I didn’t quite like her before but this made me totally dislike her and want to see her go down.

Crystal: She has found love but cannot keep it and must wait to see her beloved again in 10
Brita
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Forged by Magic: Origins is a short collection of short stories that are prequels to Forged by Greed.

I enjoyed this primarily for two reasons: 1) seeing other POVs and 2) learning the back story to critical elements of Forged by Greed.

There are HUGE spoilers in this prequel to the main novel, so be sure to read the novel first!

I loved learning about the magicians and the creation of the amulet. This book also hints at the motivation behind one of the goddess's choices in FbG.

The only short stor
Bridgette South
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I received Forged by Greed on Netgalley and went searching on Amazon and found that there was a prequel... SO I decided to purchase the prequel as I figured it might enlighten me a little and prepare me for the Forged By Greed... WELL.... This book is an anthology of short stories that helped me get to know the characters. Learning about Mage (a paranormal entity... not a person btw) WOW!! These brothers... just... :) Loved getting to know them..! I have read other books with Mage in them ...more
Linda
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-shifters
This isn't going to be fair and I may revisit the rating later, but I rated it 4 stars vs. 5 because without having read the first full Forged book, I can't say I loved the short stories, but I did like them a lot. They are very well written; however, they left me feeling like I wasn't sure what the heck was going on. Leaving me wanting more to better understand what is going to happen. That is probably a great thing for a preview, but broken into short stories from different perspectives I wasn ...more
Angela Fiducia
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book continues and explains Forged By Greed from the beginning. It is a must read if you liked or already read Forged by Greed. It leaves off for another continuation of more mythical characters. It is a part of the Forged Chronicles.

I cannot wait to read the continuation of the next book since this one left you wanting to know what happens next for the next book to be read. The author has a terrific imagination and introduces new characters to her series. I look forward to reading more boo
Jodi Brooks
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Angela gave me this for an honest review and that is what I intend to do.

I loved this as I did Forged by Greed.

This story goes into more detail about the life and world that the characters live in.

It is a short story and it is well written and flows great.

I loved it and I hope you do too.

A must have to go with Forged with Greed and I can not wait to read more and find out what else can happen,because this left me wanting more I need more.
Jodi Brooks
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angela gave me this for an honest review and that is what I intend to do.

I loved this as I did Forged by Greed.

It is a short story and it is well written and flows great.

I loved it and I hope you do too.

A.O. Peart
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Available on Amazon as digital and in paper: http://www.amazon.com/Forged-Magic-Or...
Available on Barnes&Noble in paper: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/forge...
Coming to Nook, Kobo, and iTunes soon.
Stop by my website to read an excerpt and learn more: http://www.angelapeart.com
Nichole McKim
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book let's you in to the secret of the two stones what it took to make them and hide them from the goddess of winter and that of the summer realms. This also explained how different the two are though in the first book you would have them switched till the end. This book is a must read to go with the first to explain how things are seen through out the realms.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, paranormal
Great set of short stories to introduce you to Forged by Greed.
I was given this anthology to review by the author. I was happy to read this, I enjoyed learning more about some of the characters and background to this series.
You can read either book first, and still not be lost.
Angela wrote very detailed scenes, her descriptions are terrific and make you feel like you could be right there.
Sheri
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Forged by Magic is an amazing prequel to Forged by Greed. This book fills in the story of how the amulet was created and how it was given to the shifters. With this being only part 1 of the prequel, I look forward to reading part 2.
Amber Stewart
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Received from Goodreads First Reads.) Though only the prequel to the actual first book, the introduction of the characters and their personalities is great. I can't wait to read some more about the amulet and goddesses.
Martina Dalton
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forged by Magic is a wonderful companion read to Forged by Greed! Loved the magical short stories and the back stories behind the amulet's creation. I really liked learning more about the motivation behind the Goddesses' actions. Can't wait for the subsequent novels in the Forged series.
Helena Ison
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I LOVE this collection of short stories! The author Angela Orlowski Peart has some of the best world building skills I've ever read! I seriously wish I could jump into her books and stay there forever! So magical, so beautiful, just so amazing!

I feel that all of the stories are an appropriate length and would make sense to everyone, including those who haven't read anything from the Forged series. All the stories intertwine together perfectly and compliment each other well. Each story provides a
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
In this short story you find out how the amulet and the Dasht-e-Kavir was made along with some of Crystal's background including learning who the love of Crystal's life is.

My Opinion: This was a very short story but informative story. It tells us some of the background of the Goddesses and the amulet. I enjoyed this. I definitely recommend reading as it gives you a bit more understanding of why things happened the way they did in Forged by Greed.

'Read and Reviewed by LSK Sweetheart Reviews'
S
Jan 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading all the reviews, I was looking forward to this book. It’s a VERY short read, but the author tells us that up front. And it goes into detail on how the different things/people in the book came about. As far as being informative, it hits the mark. But as far as a good read, I found it difficult to plow through, even though it was very short. It is not a must read for the book, but it helps the reader to more fully understand what’s happening.
A.J. Lape
rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2014
Bob
Aug 12, 2013
  • Witch Flame (Keepers of the Stones, #0.5)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Winter Fae (Armored Hearts, #0.5)
  • Desolace (Desolace, #1)
  • Dissension (Chronicles of the Uprising, #1)
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
  • Dreams and Echoes
  • Wolf Love (Wolf, #1.5)
  • End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5)
  • Paranormal Days Gone Awry
  • Harvest Moon (Moon Coven, #1.5)
  • The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • Death in the Shadows (In Darkness We Must Abide, #2)
  • Inheritance (The Dark Gifts, #2)
  • Beary Tales
  • Whiteout
  • Autumn Dawn (The Witchling, #2.5)
  • Fledge (I Am Just Junco, #2)
A.O. Peart is the author of the New Adult and Young Adult romance novels. She writes in multiple genres, including dark romantic comedy, romantic suspense and paranormal/urban fantasy.

She lives in the Phoenix area with her family and a chronically curious cat.

A LETTER FROM THE AUTHOR, April 2017:

Dear readers,

I love hearing from you, so please visit me on Facebook and many other social media sites

Forged (3 books)
  • Forged by Greed (Forged, #1)
  • Forged by Coalescence (Forged, #2)
  • Untitled (Forged, #3)