Start by marking “MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #14)” as Want to Read:
MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #14)

MacRieve

(Immortals After Dark #14)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  22,855 ratings  ·  1,648 reviews
In this pulse-pounding Immortals After Dark tale, #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole delves into the darkest mysteries and deepest passions of Clan MacRieve. . .

A Beast In Torment

Uilleam MacRieve believed he’d laid to rest the ghosts of his boyhood. But when a brutal torture revives those ancient agonies and destroys his Lykae instinct, the proud Scot craves
Published July 2nd 2013 by Gallery Books (first published May 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about MacRieve, please sign up.

·  22,855 ratings  ·  1,648 reviews

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE. read it or die basically
MacRieve IAD #13: 5 STARS OF OH MY GOD

Lets start this review off with a celebratory twerk for this great novel.

I would like to just say that this book is amazing. freaking obviously Read it, love it, review it...whatever. NOW, STOP READING HERE if you can't take a spoiler because I'm about to spoil your worllllllld. I know what you're thinking, just use the spoiler html formatting thingy...well no. I hate how that looks. KAY NOW FOR THE FUN PART.

OH. MY. LORD.

This book was everything the doctor
SheReadsALot
WARNING: FANGIRL REVIEW

My reaction anytime I hear a new IAD installment is coming out:

Me when I get my hands on any new Kresley Cole, she's a goddess among authors, I say. I vow it to the Lore. Thirteen books in and I'm still reading the series?!

When I'm reading a new IAD installment:

I devour the words because Kresley Cole is just crazy good.

How so?

I've been wanting Lanthe and Thronos' story for ages...I'm not even going to go to Nix because her story I expect to be epic and she's a special ca
XxTainaxX
2.5 stars. I was all into this book in the beginning. Its dark undertones appealed right away and then when Will first meets his Chloe, it was a lot of badassery with a touch of love struck wolf. I was eating it all right up. Then... something happens that made Will do a 180. While I get the dude was hurt by his past, he takes it out so badly on that poor girl that I was legit wishing for a separation and dissolution. I'm talking about next level douchedom happening to a girl who has lost EVERYT ...more
P
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I know I’m wrong in the head! I want to be . . . right. For you."

This book started off very well I believed that this was gonna be my next favorite after the other books, which I marked it as worthy re-reading. But then, you know, it was all blew up. Uilleam aka Will turns to be a real jerk when he finds out about his human, Chloe , even though he has his reasons to be angry, yet it's unforgivable and pretty awkward.

“She pressed a single soft kiss over his heart, having no idea he’d just gi
Sophia Triad
Uilleam MacRieve (Lycae) and Chloe Todd (half human/(view spoiler))

"Doona mistake what happened. Being inside you felt incredible. And whether the beast was at the fore or no', I still came so hard my ballocks begged for mercy."
"Must've be nice. For you. Not so much for me. Out of the dozen orgasms you promised, you were twelve short. "
A flush spread over his chiseled cheekbones. "I'm keen for a rematch tonight."
"Ha! Your last attempt at goal went way wide. Not even
Rose
Edit 2/11/2013: Ack, what is wrong with that cover? (Although I still like this better than Lothaire's cover, which I despise.) And that eye. Even I can Photoshop a better eye than that. It's just... oddly flat and pale and dead looking, and also appears to be looking up, rather than at you. And the highlight doesn't seem to match the light source.

Here, I fixed it. (Original on left. Click either to zoom in.)
That's not nice... I am intense now, y/y?

And that took me maybe 15 minutes, so were they just not trying? (Okay, and maybe I we
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Uilleam MacRieve, aka Will, aka MacRieve, is a haunted, tortured Lykae who has not ever been able to get over his past. Oh yes, he's tried to run, block it out, sex it out and drink it out but nothing has worked. Then he gets a call from Nucking-Futs Nïx, aka Nïx the Ever-Knowing, and a whole new chain of events are set in motion.

The one thing that KC can do oh-so-well is "the chase". I don't think I've ever read another series where it's been handled so well and so thoroughly. I've read a few
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
MacRieve follows up the story arc of the Order and in a huge way. I loved how Cole ties things together. Who would have thunk the Lore community would be so connected.

MacRieve might be one of the most tortured IAD heroes. His experiences as a preteen damaged him severely and as such, he has no hope of finding his mate or for his matehood to be normal. And it also gave him a violent hatred for succubi, which is going to be a problem. When he hears that there is a young woman that everyone wants
Ren Puspita

EDIT: I reduce the stars, because... Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14) by Kresley Cole is FULL OF AWESOME and kinda antithesis with MacRieve. Sorry Chloe! (But no sorry for you Will! Heh :P)

With so many paranormal romance authors work out there (even I know that some people think that PNR and UF now become less popular compare to the latest trend), Kresley Cole is one of those authors that still shine in the pararomancelandia (my term) and her Immortals After Dark seroes will always be my guilty pleasure read!

For me, I never become a
Glamdring
*Review without spoiler*

MacRieve is the thirteen instalment in the Immortals After Dark series. I’ve been eagerly waiting for this book for 18 months or so. I simply LOVE this series. For me this is one of the best in the paranormal romance genre. I also love Kresley Cole's historical romances, and when I loved her first foray in the YA genre (a genre I really don’t like) I thought that she definitely couldn’t disappoint me whatever she wrote.

I was wrong.

With Shadow’s Claim (The Dacians #1 — a
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
 photo mehh_zps1187db02.gif

Spoilers

Hmmmmm Okay well I will keep this short and to the point. I had a hard time with this book. I could see that Uilleam was sexual abused as a child by a succubus and that he feels guilty for his parents and lil sister's death and I get that he was tortured by the Order and that he was almost raped by 5 succubus ok I so get it. I could even understand that it would make his angry to find his mate and find out she was part succubus but damn he was the biggest prick I have ever seen he wasn'
Audrey
January 2014 review:
4.5 stars. Despite the questionable cover, it was pretty darned freaking awesome. Hungry for the next one, which the epilogue set up quite deliciously. *smacks lips* Will, that gorgeous Lykae, was a fab alpha hero, and Chloe was a spunky and sweet foil to his harshness. Even though the "surprises" were rather guessable, I loved how they were handled and worked through. Yay, Kresley Cole!

*************************************

Original pre-review anticipation:
(view spoiler)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Hot and Hotter stars

"You've let me tend tae your fire, and tonight it's searing me clean. I can be what you need."

He was so domineering. And a dirty talker. Apparently, she liked both.

That is totally me right now. Yes, fairy wings and all. Why you ask? Well, because I'm fun and eccentric that way. But mainly, it's because I just read a Kresley Cole book and IT.WAS.AWESOME!

I admit that after reading some mixed reviews on this book, I had put off reading it. I have loved every book i this s
Melindeeloo
Zeek
Reread 5.3.2019 : maybe it's because it's been so long since I read really good pnr but I think I like this way better on second read even though Uillieam- what an asshat! I literally cried in empathy with Chloe. Fact that it moved me is causing me to upgrade my original review from 3 to 4.

Original review:
I liked it okay, still very hot, but I'm getting tired of the "I hate you because you're my enemy, but I want you because you're my mate, but I have to hate you" Cole has going on right now- i
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, audio-2015
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

MACRIEVE had all of the usual components that come standard with every IMMORTALS AFTER DARK installment, but it didn't push the envelope like some of the other volumes have which made it kinda ordinary. I haven't formed much of a connection with the hero over the course of this series, so I didn't have a vested interest in his story going in, and Chloe is a stand-up gal and all, although I did find her too agreeable at times.

In this book Kresley Cole expands upon a supe
Mimi Smith
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
3 stars

Am I the only one who thought this story was similar to Bowen's? We have a tormented werewolf who had once thought he had found his mate (but was tricked!) and who now hates his newfound mate's species and is an ass because. I don't know, it just came to mind. As I wasn't the biggest fan of Bo's story either...

I simply found this story and the pacing odd. And at the same time predictable. I mean, the first half is idyllic and happy-happy, and yet you know what will happen, and yes it does
Nymeria
 photo tumblr_m8rfpkg9gm1qbffcj_zps5b4d661a.gif

Set up: Will MacRieve lived through a traumatic experience with a succubus and was recently tortured at a secret facility run by a certain Commander Webb.

So of course Chloe, his heroine, couldn't be anything other than:

1*a succubus
2*Webb's daughter

My least favorite book in the IAD series.

Will was an asshole for the entire book. Yeah, yeah, poor little Willie has a Sad Past (and said Sad Past was pretty weak compared to what we've previously seen in this series)... Poor little Willie was a prej
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Frankly, I'm quite disappointed.

I thought that this novel will be as epic as the last one in the series... but sadly, no. :(

Will is a lykae who has a very traumatic past. PAST being the operative term, lemme just say that he blew this book away in a negative way. Chloe is a professional soccer player who's not really a normal human. Unfortunately for her, she gets to be partnered to a guy who hates her kind.

I don't like Will. He's so self-involved and he didn't care much for his mate. Well, he d
Taysa
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you hear that? That is the sound of my heart breaking.

Oh Will!

My initial reaction to reading this book;

First, let me just say (or rather reiterate) that Kresley is a master story teller. She's got the whole paralell-simultaneous-story-plot-weaving-master-piece thing rocking on. I've read and re-read the IAD series over and again, picking up on new things every time.

But she just completely blew me out of the water (and a little out of my mind) with Will and Chloe's story.

For me, Uilleam and
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
4.5 stars or A

This books packs an emotional wallop. Will the lycae mates ever catch a break? They werewolves are always paired with someone who pushes them to their limit.

Chloe is a human, or so she believes. Her father's secrets come out and there's more to learn. The most devastating story belongs to MacRieve. It's tragic and I wonder why I never really noticed his character with the exception of the 'hot and hotter' nickname.

This book has a different feel compared to the other IAD books. It
Wendy
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, kindle
Started off great, then it fizzled out somewhere towards the middle. Not to mention the ending was a little strange for my liking. As much as I adored both the hero and heroine, I found their relationship to be hot one minute; then cold the next.

I would have like to have seen some of the past characters which we were deprived of, although we did get to see Nix in it; even if it was for a little bit. All in all, I liked it, but not loved it. So it's just a 3 stars from moi.
Kat Kennedy
The later books in this series go a long way toward making up for the rapey first few books. But I still don't know why I'm reading them. WITCH! She's a witch! May we burn her?
Bree
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy romance series.
(view spoiler)
Heather C
3.5 Stars

I mostly enjoyed this but it definitely won't go down in my list of favorites.

I was really liking the first half of the story...there was some good sexual tension and I was enjoying watching MacRieve try to woo Chloe. MacRieve had one of the saddest prologues I've ever read. And then add the things that Webb and Dixon did him...I just wanted him to have a great story. Sadly, it all kinda went to hell in the second half, pretty much exactly how I predicted. It was very frustrating for m
★*. • * ° ❧Gwendolyn❧°*•* ★. • * °
5 Wolfy Stars!

The energy of this book was fabulous!

Love affair at midpoint was rocky. But....there was so much to love....nobody writes wolf -para normal better than Kresley Cole.

The book and what I loved

The Energy! Woot!! What a Ride.

The twin relationship.

The wolfy protectiveness of Chloe.

This alpha driven characters.

The world. It was so easy to jump into. And, I can not wait to jump into this world again.

And, of course....

Nïx...and why would she say
Webb has a role to play with the Br
AJ
“Where your mate goes, you follow. . . .”

4.5 stars!

I love this series, and I love this paranormal world! With a wonderful collection of supernatural creatures, Kresley Cole has created a fantastically complex world that I love to lose myself in, and each story is exciting and intriguing, laugh-out-loud funny, sexy and romantic with great action. I absolutely love these books, and I loved finally getting the story of broody lykae badass, Uilleam MacRieve.

Uilleam is a lykae chief, and cousin to t
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
2.5 Stars
This is one of my favorite series and i love all species in it, except Lykae. For some reason I can't seem to enjoy any of their books. I liked Bowen's book, not because I find him attractive, because my baby Cade was in it. I gave this a try, hoping I'll like MacRieve better, but no such luck. I think it's time I give up, and just accept I'm a vampire\demon girl at heart.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Pretty much a roller coaster I couldn't seem to stop even when it hurt.

Safe book.
No ow or om... but child hood abuse memories.
But instalove turned to hate.. then healing. .. very very rough reading the hate parts.
♡Karlyn P♡
Enjoyable and steamy, but probably my least favorite in this series. The ending was more of a setup for the next book, not a strong HEA.
Immortals After Dark: MacRieve (book, #13) *Spoilers* 283 673 Jul 10, 2016 07:41PM
Lanthe and Thronos 19 327 Mar 27, 2014 08:26PM
giveaways 1 29 Jul 12, 2013 12:25PM
Saucy Wenches Boo...: July Book of the Month MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13) 1 19 Jun 24, 2013 06:23PM
Paranormal Romanc...: IAD MacRieve Excerpt!!!! 3 67 May 29, 2013 12:06PM

• Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
  • Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark, #2, Lords of the Underworld #9.5)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)
“Are you calling about the ad?"
"Ad?"
"For the gently used Bentley for sale. It has zero miles!"
Well, that explained the backward driving.

Macrieve & Nix”
51 likes
“So what are you going to wear to the apocalypse? I’m thinking something sparkly and transfixing.”-Nix” 46 likes