Start by marking “The Bainbridge Killings” as Want to Read:
The Bainbridge Killings

The Bainbridge Killings

(The Rock #0.5)

Bainbridge Island is west of Seattle across the Puget Sound. The Island is approximately the same size as Manhattan, but there are just over twenty thousand people who live there. Bainbridge Island is filled with soaring forests, plush landscapes, gorgeous views, and expensive waterfront homes. It’s the kind of place you go to retire, to vacation, or to really relax and en ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 144 pages
Published February 15th 2013 by Rock Hard Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Bainbridge Killings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bainbridge Killings

Start your review of The Bainbridge Killings
Carmen
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was offered this book from the author in exchange for my opinion. And here it is.... 3 1/2 stars....

The Banbridge Killings is a whodunit set on Banbridge Island in the Puget Sound off the coast of Washington state.

There have been 3 couples found dead, holding hands in bed, in their homes. The local cops think they're all suicides, but someone thinks they're something more. They send in FBI Agent Jon Stevens (undercover) to see what he can figure out.

Jon Stevens is the typical "tortured past"
Onemorepage
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy traveling and seeing sites that are visually brilliant, which is why I really enjoyed this book, because the author takes the time to describe the details of what the main character Jon Stevens is seeing. Beginning with the ferry ride from Seattle, to the forests, to the bed and breakfast, the author's attention to the small details make you feel like you're going through the experience of actually being there. The story about an FBI agent going to the island undercover to investigate a ...more
Sharon Stevenson
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebie, crime
'The Bainbridge Killings' is a novella length prequel to Rick Soper's awesome 'The Rock Star' novel. The story features FBI agent Jon Stevens who is looking into some suspicious deaths ruled as suicides.

This is a slower paced read than 'The Rock Star'. There are a handful of characters and it revolves around an investigation of crimes that have already occurred, so the reader is told about what has happened and left to ponder on it rather than shown any deaths as they are happening. There are a
Esme
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Auf der Insel Bainbridge vor der Küste von Seattle starben in den letzten zwei Jahren drei Ehepaare. Alles deutet auf Selbstmord hin, wenn da nicht die Gemeinsamkeiten bei der Todesursache wären und dass es keinen Grund für die Selbstmorde gab. Der FBI-Agent Jon Stevens ermittelt undercover auf der Insel. Zunächst einmal ist The Bainbridge Killings sehr kurz, nur 60 %, der Rest ist eine Leseprobe aus dem Folgeroman. Der sehr kurze Roman ist spannend und gut erzählt. Besonders gefallen haben mir ...more
Rick Soper
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my book, so of course I give it five stars. This is a stand alone novel that focuses on FBI Agent Jon Stevens, who is also a character in The Rock Star. Bainbridge is a prequel to the Rock Star and Jon Stevens is in his prime, before the horrible disaster of the Stoner Case leaves him completely damaged. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Sandy
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
A FBI agent goes to Bainbridge Island to investigate three murders made to look like the victims took their own lives. Their homes were locked up and alarms set.
Glenda
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Prequel short story to The Rock Series. Can't wait to read it.
Carolyn Injoy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary Kindle copy of The Bainbridge Killings by Rick Soper, published by Rock Hard Press in an Amazon promotion.

That did not change my opinion for this review. I gave it four stars.

"Jon Stevens is in his prime, and he is forced to go to Bainbridge Island undercover to investigate the deaths of three couples. The local Sheriff has classified the deaths as suicides, but Stevens thinks they’re killings..."

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...
Mercia McMahon
Rick Soper's The Bainbridge Killings is a novella prequel to his debut The Rock Star novel, part of a  four book series starring the FBI agent, Jon Stevens. The book surprisingly contains a 15 chapter sample of The Rock Star. That excessively long sample means that the denouement comes as a huge surprise as it happens at a time when the reader will think that there is nearly half of the novella still to go. It also occurs at the point at which the murder mystery storyline appears to be taking of ...more
Teressa
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"An Exciting Prequel to "The Rock Star.""

"The Bainbridge Killings" was a terrific beginning to what sounds like a great new series. I really liked it and thought it was even somewhat noir-ish. The protagonist, Jon Stevens shows up in Bainbridge to investigate what are first being called suicides but things aren't as they seem. There are other interesting characters that enter in as well such as Holly.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how good this audiobook was. I wish it had been longer and ca
Jamie L
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
It seems that I didn't read the blurb before I picked up this book. It's more of a short story/novella and it's a prequel to a series of books by this author.
I won't be reading the series.
I thought the plot was predictable as was the killer.
The formatting was weird (I think that was a stylistic choice) but I also ran into some bad punctuation/spelling errors that were missed in editing (ebook). Between the formatting and the other errors, it was distracting.
The upshot is that it was super short
Deedra
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one.Mike Romano was a great narrator.VERY intenseCouples are commiting suicide on a remote island.After the 3rd time the cops call in a pro.I was given this book free for an honest review.
Robbie
Since this was a prequel to the series, it was very short; however, the reader is able to determine that the protagonist is extremely smart and good at his job. I rated it 4.5 stars and plan to read the first in the series next.
Rena Searles
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
The story of an undercover FBI agent investigating the murders of 3 high profile couples on Bainbridge Island. Found the concept interesting, but felt the characters and motivation underdeveloped. Could be fleshed out into a great full length book. Too simplistic and needs to unfold more slowly.
Melody
Sep 23, 2017
gary brockel
Sep 07, 2015
Martha Monkman
rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2014

• The Assignment
  • The Bequest
  • The American Whaler: An Ennin Mystery #41
  • As A Man Thinketh by James Allen | Key Points by CliffNotes
  • Sherlock Holmes & The Monumental Horror (New Sherlock Holmes Adventures, #1)
  • Cooper Collection 014 (Dead Ringer)
  • No Spring Chicken: A Woman of a Certain Age (Fifty and Fabulous #1)
  • Mystery: Grave Danger - The Arrival (Suspense Thriller Mystery, Collection international Book 1)
  • How to Fall
  • Afflicted: Genesis (Afflicted, #0)
  • The Lives Between Us   (Destiny, #2)
  • Death Whispers (Death, #1)
  • When You Have to Go There
  • The Billionaire (An Ennin Mystery #40)
  • The Annihilation of Foreverland (Foreverland, #1)
  • The Celeritas Files
  • The River Bride (Gatineau Hills Mystery Series, #3)
  • Destroyer (Slow Burn, #3)
Rick currently lives in the wild forests of Poulsbo, Washington with his three rescued terriers where he enjoys cooking, traveling, and writing.

The Rock (5 books)
  • The Singer (The Rock Series #2)
  • The Rock Star