Start by marking “Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)

Bad Things

(Tristan & Danika #1)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  30,337 ratings  ·  2,343 reviews
Librarian's note: An alternate cover edition can be found here

Danika hasnt had an easy life. Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier.

One look at Tristan, and every brain cell she possessed went up in smoke. This man was trouble with a capital T. It was a given.
She knew better. Bad boys were bad. Especially for her. Considering her history, it
Published June 11th 2013 by R.K. Lilley

To ask other readers questions about Bad Things, please sign up.
Cevrine Honestly I think you would be fine. In the Up in the Air series you only see them in the future with obvious damaging baggage. They're not a couple,…moreHonestly I think you would be fine. In the Up in the Air series you only see them in the future with obvious damaging baggage. They're not a couple, however as a reader you question their relationship. And thats when Tristen and Danika's series answer all you questions.

Moreover, I do suggest you read the Up in the Air series. Its one of the best I've read. James and Bianca's relationship is so much less complicated than Tristen and Danika which is really nice. I think it would actually be nice to read Bad Things first as it looks at the past and you get a feel on how James, Tristen and Frankie become friends. If you dont know what I'm talking about then this gives you a reason to read the book. definitly worth spending the time and energy on. (less)

·  30,337 ratings  ·  2,343 reviews

Start your review of Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Holy hotness, guys!! You HAVE to meet Tristan Vega!!
Im going to fuck you hard on the hood of this car, in the pouring rain. And. You. Are. Not. Going. To. Forget. It.

*fans self*

I loved this book!! It made me swoon, squee, and swear which pretty much is the perfect mix, right?

I couldnt put it down. Another winner from R.K. Lilley!

When Tristan unexpectedly becomes a fixed part of Danikas world, he throws her whole life out of whack. Fun, flirty, and bossy with a devilish charming that could
Debra
♥ 5 STARS. ♥

OH.MY.GOD.

I absolutely LOVED this book! After having devoured the Up In the Air-series, I was already a fan of author R.K. Lilley, but now I just became an even bigger one. Seriously, if you have not read this book yet, read it ASAP! I assure you, you won't regret it. This book had all the ingredients for it to be an absolute MUST READ.

I loved Danika's sarcasm and feisty character, Tristan's sexy bad boy-attitude, their playful banter and let's not forget, the "off the charts" HOT
Christy
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

R.K. Lilley did it again! Now, Tristan was no Mr. Cavendish, but he was pretty damn close. It was intense- sweet, sexy, and an emotional roller coaster, but I loved every minute!

Tristan is a club promoter. He is in a band. He is all kinds of sexy and awesome, but he has commitment issues.

description

Danika is working as a live in nanny. She also goes to school full time. Even though shes only in her early twenties, she is living the life of someone much older. And she ONLY does relationships.
Kristen
Full review posted

4 CONSUMING but EXHAUSTING stars!

HOLY COW! I'm mentally EXHAUSTED! I wasn't prepared for such an angsty, emotional, and gut-wrenching story. In fact, I felt it became a bit over-the-top with the all angst and drama toward the end. However, I was completely spellbound and consumed while reading this book.

Where this story really shined for me was in the writing, characterization and chemistry between the two main leads. It was exceptional. In fact, I'm not sure I've read a book
"That's All" Ash
 photo download-12.jpg

♥Oh.
My.♥
God.

photo Jim-From-Office-Shiver.gif

--------> WOW. <--------

photo tumblr_mku8d8zdoS1r2q9x9o1_500.png

Ever since I got a taste of this couple in the Up in the Air series, I knew that their story was going to be EPIC.

And it is.
It so is.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

photo danika.jpg

Light-footed and heavy-hearted.
Controlled.
Beautiful.

And she doesnt want to fall in love again.
Love is too fragile.
Too toxic.

And then she meets Tristan.

photo 0bf338c89bccdadca5fdf0b9f74fa612.jpg

Oh, hes a bad boy.
The bad boy.

With an angels face and the devils body.
A burning smile and wild-fire
Raine Miller
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A masterpiece! Tristan and Danika have a story told so realistically by R.K. Lilley, you'll ache for them in BAD THINGS, and have a hard time remembering this is a novel. A very well written novel at that. Off the charts sexy, soul-baring emotion, and explosive chemistry between the two mix together here into pure literary gold. BAD THINGS is a beautiful thing!

~Raine Miller
NYT's Bestselling Author of The Blackstone Affair
• Lisa •
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FOUR.5 TRISTAN STARS.

"I fell apart and came back together again, my whole world thoroughly rocked."

description

Welcome to 'Bad Things' a novel that combines easy reading and combustible in one addictive story. A tale about a love that is as much messy as it is meant to be. R K Lilley's books are a reading habit that I don't want to break anytime soon. I loved the 'in flight' series, James Cavendish is more than a little unforgettable, so it goes without saying that I was more than looking forward to what
~ Becs ~

photo badthingsquoteyforblog_zps7ce1b561.jpg

If, like me, youre a bit of a R.K. Lilley fangirlie, then youre probably already a little familiar with Tristan and Danika. Weve had a few teasing hints of their story in the Up In The Air Trilogy. We know that they were not speaking to each other, that Danika limps and this has something to do with Tristan and that she has forgiven him but is unable to forget what has happened in the past. Its all very mysterious and we begin this one years before when Danika is just twenty-one and they meet
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
"Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other."

That's what Danika thought when she first met Tristan and she wasn't exactly wrong. She has always been attracted to bad boys but they are bad news for her. On top of that, Tristan only does hook ups and Danika only does relationships so her and Tristan decide to just be friends. And that really is for the best because they've both been through a lot in the past.

If you read the Up in the Air series, you've met
Geri Reads
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 super hot, rollicking stars!

Considering how I disliked R.K. Lilley's Up in the Series, I wasn't expecting much of anything going into this book. But color me surprised, I actually ended up loving it.

Yes, it was angsty, both the MCs annoyed at me at some point, some of the drama were a bit juvenile, and yet, I really enjoyed the whole thing. To me this has an entirely different feel than Up in the Air series and I find Danika and Tristan's story more relatable, more gritty and more raw than
Mo
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it

Saw some good reviews for this one here and decided to give it a go. Was not disappointed. I really enjoyed it. As one reviewer said, it flowed. Tristan Vega, very nice indeed. Tough Rock Star. Danika, bit messed up by her past They are friends but can they stay just friends. Dont think so, their attraction is too hard to resist. Good solid story. Look forward to reading more about this couple.

The "just friends" thing has Tristan needing to take many showers...

[image error]

DKristin
OKAY! I have been waiting on this book since forever it seems... and I'm happy to report that the wait was so worth it. I give it 4.5 stars but I bumped it up for rating purposes. Bad Things tells the story of how Danika and Tristan, who we are introduced to in the Up In The Air Trilogy, met and proceeded to fall in love.

First off this shit is H-O-T!!!!! Like change your panties multiple times kind of hot. It takes them awhile to get to that part of it but once they do...

"I don't want this
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
1st time read from July 17-19 2013

5+++ Rating

My Tristan

My Danika

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well I am going to go on the limb here and say this is MY FAVORITE of all R.K. Lilley's series. Even though seeing some of the characters from Up In the Air series made me sequel like a true fan girl this book still blew
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

R.K Lilley has wOwed me again!!

I really didn't think it was possible for any book to come close to James Cavendish but this book has.

Danika works at her friends house as a nanny for the past 2years and meets Tristan through her husband. Danika has been through some pretty sad things in her past.

Danika:

Tristan:

They quickly become friends partying it up. They are both very attracted to each other and its obvious they want each other.

The problem is- Tristan doesn't DO relationships

Danika doesn't DO
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
His kiss was insidious, seeping into every part of me. He took me over in a way I couldn't believe I allowed. A few seconds into the kiss, and I was ready to relinquish all control, which I'd have sworn was the antithesis of everything I was before I'd met Tristan.

I knew we were going to be a dangerous combination. Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other.

This book! Sweet baby Jebus, THIS BOOK! I was not expecting to be as good as it was or to suck me into
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Everyone has to Meet Tristan and Danika Star's*****

Whatever your doing Put it down because everyone needs to meet Tristan!!

TRISTAN
 photo tristen1_zps714a8a05.jpg
 photo sexy3_zps6ef5eb31.jpg
 photo tristan_zps8ee962f4.jpg

DANIKA
 photo badthings3_zps4a471d0d.jpg

I have been waiting what feels like a lifetime for this book, we were introduced to them in the up in the air series with Mr James Cavendish and Bianca. Danika's got a limp and they are hostile towards each other I was very intrigued to what there story was and how is it going to end!! I am happy to say this one did NOT disappoint I was captivated by
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Ok so in general this book wasn't awful but it had drama overload. Wayyyy too much drama for me. Tristan is an ass and Danika has no backbone. She forgave him too easily. I will NOT be reading the next two books.

WARNING! WARNING! Gif overload below!

So this is kinda how the story goes:

sex photo 7f49210f9263f369e68be59_zps1d04bb47.gif

crying photo tumblr_mxq90tYJhR1s01gf9o3_250_zps16506dee.gif

home photo tumblr_mklauz86JG1rjnny3o1_500_zpsc9e41b01.gif

Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5 STEAMY, SEXY, WET, STARS!!!

You fucking did it again Ms. Lilley! Ill tell you, I LOVED the Up In the Air Series and I loved BAD THINGS!!!

I dont really have to explain this story, I mean, theres no reason why I should. The reason why you should pick up this read and well read it because its just FUCKING GOOD!!!

BUT if you need to know, theres Danika, the beautiful and controlled Heroine. Who is absolutely adorable, sexy and just all around awesome. Then theres Mr. Slutty McSlutFace Tristan,
Jen
Nothing sucked worse than having feelings for someone who just may have been your best friend. Especially when that someone clearly didnt return those feelings.

Two wordsHOT DAMN! I dont think Ive ever read a book with more intense sexual chemistry between the two main characters. I could actually feel the heat coming off of these two. As an added bonus were treated to an actual story, too.

Danika was like a breath of fresh air. A breath of fresh air that I didnt get to fuck.

Danika doesnt do
Amy | Foxy Blogs
STEAMY!
My kindle was emitting smoke as I read Bad Things.
Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other.

Danika and Tristan meet through a mutual friend. From the moment they met the sexual tension was high. When these two hook up it's off the charts. Trust issues hinders their relationship around every corner.
"I see now that I didn't know a thing about love before I met you. When it's right, like it is with us, it doesn't make your life harder, it makes your
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Re-read Review March 22, 13
Just as good as the first time. Love Tristan and Danika and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. :)

Initial Review July 20, 13
"I knew that we were going to be a dangerous combination. Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other."

I have soo many emotions right now. That ending just made me a hot mess. I have so much to say, but just can't seem to get it out....

The ending has left me..

Okay I'll try. This is a spin-off from the
Robin Hill
This book is #FREE on Amazon right now! Click HERE
********************
I fell hard for both Tristan and Danika immediately. They are a hot mess and a half so you can just imagine the angst. There's a huge back and forth pull with these two, and by the time I made it to the final misunderstanding/disagreement/overreaction (or whatever you want to call it), I wasn't all that upset about it. I LOVE the couple, but after a while, it's like Dudes! Just chill!

Their romance is addictive, to say the
Mia
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!

I freaking love this series! This was a re-read and I can honestly say I enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

Anyone who enjoyed the In flight series needs to pick this up, ASAP. We met Tristan and Danika in Grounded, and I instantly wanted to know what was up with these interesting characters that obviously carried lots of history, baggage and tension between them.. I was not surprised the slightest bit when RK announced a spin-off series with Tristan and Danika.

What did
destini mia
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Tell me not to kiss you, he said.
Dont kiss me.
Mean it.
I cant.

Sassy heroine, witty dialogue, dysfunctional couple it was like my book soulmate.
Tristan:

Danika:

Danikas life has been anything but easy and now with her feet under her, shes determined to keep it that way.
I needed stability. I clung to it.

And then, Tristan comes barreling into her life and she learns how to let go and live in the moment. Even with the Dont List they created, she falls hard and deep for him.
Of course, that
Snow
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Oh my shit...

What an aggravating and agonizing book...

Now, I love me some angsty shit, but here, (mind all the push and pull 'we're just friends and i don't want to ruin that with sex' crap, they still have sex but they are fighting with labels) and now, I'm getting to the point-I fucking can't stand STUPIDITY!!!

I honestly have zero tolerance for human stupidity, especially when all the actions based on that very same stupidity end with lines like: 'I'm sorry, I'm fucked up' or 'I didn't mean
Candace
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this story. Tristan and Danika had amazing chemistry. If you're wondering if you want to read this book, do it! It is a great read.

The only thing that kind of bugged me was that when they had disputes, such as Tristan's flirtatious chat with Natalie on the patio, Danika just seemed to get over it with only a few words from Tristan. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I enjoy some serious angst in a book and there's no way some of his actions would have been forgiven so easily.

That
Rejane
Jan 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Not even 4 years ago when I wasn't so picky I liked this book. I didn't even got the rest of the series. And for me to leave a series incomplete is saying something. I just didn't care

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE I LOVE TRISTAN & DANIKA STARS!!!*****

Simply AMAZING!!

photo 9148542_zps4c55cb53.gif

I have been so intrigued by Tristan and Danika ever since they were introduced in the "Up In The Air" series.
I knew theirs was a story that was going to be filled with unbelievable passion and despair.

Well this book DID NOT disappoint me one bit!
I loved ever freaking second of reading this one.

This is the beginning of Tristan and Danika's crazy and passionate love affair.
From the very moment they meet, the chemistry is off the
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, buddy-reads
Oh boy,

The first half of the book had me

Danika and Tristan were so funny together. There was so much lighthearted banter and teasing, it was just fun watching how they were getting to know each other. There was a lot of sexual undertones but they were determined to be friends as they just genuinely liked each other so much.

Didn't you know I was out here, just waiting for a friend like you?"
"Of course I didn't know. I'd have been dancing on top of every bar in town, instead of studying, if I'd
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing

WOW!!!! I NEED TO COMPOSURE MYSELF FIRST!!!!! THAT WAS A RIDE, DEAR LORD!!!

photo 795088.gif

photo tumblr_mjgh3evU0B1rpg6o6o1_500.gif

photo tumblr_migig7muGp1qdx4nao1_250.gif

photo tumblr_mf3sc1ugrH1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

R.K. LILLEY, YOU ARE REALLY SUCH A GENIUS, THAT WAS SIMPLY BRILLIANT, ACE

photo 533204.gif

I have no words!!!!!!!

Danika is 21 and works as a nanny while studying. She has been having bad relationships and after knowing her past, I did feel sorry for you! Though, at times, I felt like kicking her.... but not a bad way LOL

photo 16e1cd8cbad2e7f46167bc7fcb57058e.jpg

Enter Tristan, a lead singer in rock group, he cooks, runs errands and please help me, he is so good with

• Beauty from Surrender (Beauty, #2)
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • Fueled (Driven, #2)
  • Fixed on You (Fixed, #1)
  • Found in You (Fixed, #2)
  • Crashed (Driven, #3)
  • Forever with You (Fixed, #3)
  • Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • This Man (This Man, #1)
  • Beneath This Man (This Man, #2)
  • All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1)
  • Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1)
  • Real (Real, #1)
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
  • Serving HIM Vol. 4 (Serving HIM, #4)
R.K. Lilley has been a writer since she can remember, but has held down some interesting jobs to pay the bills. For several years she was a first class flight attendant, and she always swore that she just had to write a book about it. Mixing her love of romance and all things BDSM, the Up In the Air Trilogy is her debut into the world of contempary romance and erotica. She is currently working on ...more

Tristan & Danika (3 books)
  • Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2)
  • Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3)