Start by marking “Cosmos' Promise (Cosmos' Gateway, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cosmos' Promise (Cosmos' Gateway, #4)

Cosmos' Promise

(Cosmos' Gateway #4)

Cosmos Raines is considered to be one of the most brilliant inventors in the world. A prodigy, he is a self-made billionaire who would rather be in his lab than jet-setting around the world. Things change when his latest experiment literally opens a Gateway into a whole new world. Now, not only has his best friend and her family moved to a new star system through the ...more
Published July 25th 2013 (first published July 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cosmos' Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cosmos' Promise

Start your review of Cosmos' Promise (Cosmos' Gateway, #4)
 Rosebud
Another good installment in the series. Cosmos, the genius behind the gateway, knows that Terra Krell Manok is his mate and it's just a matter of time before he seals the deal and claims her. The problem? She's an alien in a family of over protective alpha warrior guys. He'll have to use all the tools at his disposal including RITA to claim her without being on the receiving end of her father and brothers displeasure.

This installment in the series FINALLY gives the creator of the technology
Kinky Vanilla
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved cosmo, great story! Worth taking the time to read this series. The author is really good.
Judy
Reviewed on Musings and Ramblings.

After my enjoyment of the last book, Tansy's Titan, I was really looking forward to see what would happen with Cosmos. The last book had strongly hinted at Cosmos and Terra being bond mates, so I was eager to see what/how it would happen.

As Terra is a female from Baade, I was a little bit surprised at how fiesty she was. After all, she is from a male dominated society that has so few females, they are looking outside their own species for mates. Of course, she
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Cosmos won my heart, body and soul. . .

Cosmos had much to prove to his new adopted family-in-laws. The one woman that marked his heart had much to receive. She was all that he never knew he was wanting. She was his everything. Cosmos had much to endure in this adventure of his life. He had to save his girl, conquer an island, stand-up to her family (males), take down a couple bad guys, secure his future and fight for his life, oh yeah and find a specific chemical. All this was done in a way
Elizabeth
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
another S.E. rollercoaster of a story

Although I enjoy all her books, the Cosmos Gateway series has a special place in my thoughts and heart as Tink's Wonderland was the first S.E. story that I read. Meeting Tink and RITA and those prime warriors, I was hooked. Any spelling errors, word choices, grammar etc were heavily outweighed by the story and characters presented in Tink's Wonderland. The author's writing skills have grown with each book without losing the soul of the unfolding story.

Fran
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled across this series by accident and Im so grateful that I did! I love the strong sisters Tink, Hannah and Tansy and their sexy alien mates. But now their dear friend and protector, Cosmos gets his own adventure, too.
You know hes brilliant and a multi-millionaire. Hes loving and sweet, too.
He builds a gateway to another planet and each character that steps through finds love waiting. But when Terra, the beautiful young sister steps through so that Cosmos can protect her, he wants to
Tina
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cmc20
In the other books of this series, the alien was always the male character. This particular book stands out because the alien is actually the female character. Several things to love about book 4. On Baade the women are not viewed as women of strength. They are few and should always be protected by strong PRIME males until they are bonded. Terra is sent away to protect her from the unbonded males who are desperate to find their bondmates. The aliens view the human males as weak and bad. Cosmos ...more
Chantelle Bouffanie
Finally! I love to read/listen to S.E. Smith books. This is the fourth book in the Cosmos' Gateway series. So far Cosmos and Terra are my favorite in this series. Cosmos loves to invent different things that can help out people. The gateway is his latest invention. Terra is the sister of J'Kar, Borj, and Mak. I absolutely loved Cosmos' Promise. This book is filled with humor, adventure, tragedy, incredible sex and a wonderful love story. Cosmos and Terra are so perfect together. I was dying to ...more
JodyL
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tara is sent from her planet to Earth to live with Cosmos for her protection. The problem is that Tara and Cosmos discovered that they are mates. They both fight it until danger stalks them on earth. When Tara's father comes with warriors to help Cosmos he forbids them from being together. Her father then places her on a prison-like island on their planet. The island is where the females are placed to "protect" them from warriors who will take them against the women's will.
Cosmos must rescue
Lucy
Jan 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm DNFing at 12%

My reasons are:
- The narrator really doesn't work for... To the point it has taken 3 months for me to listen to 1 hour worth of book
- I'm a little confused by what is happening and who everyone is. This is definitely not a series you can jump into at book 4

I've purely given it 1 stars for the above reasons. Perhaps if I was familiar with this series and had chosen to read Cosmos' Promise rather than listen to it the rating could be vastly different.
Angela Charles
Cosmo is not you average multibillionaire. He is just amazing and smart. He is the person that you would love to have your back no matter what trouble that you are in. Tara is simply amazing and I am glad that we got to see her kick-ass side that her brother Mak taught her. I love them together and I cannot to see more of them. I am pretty sure that her and Cosmo can take over the universe if they are incline to.
SuzyHD
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun To Read 5+*

This book was so much fun to read. Nonstop entertainment with a very well written storyline. You will fall in love with all of the characters especially the ones that are not so real. You are definitely going to want one of those Prime Warriors for yourself. Loved the story and I strongly recommend the entire series.
Louise
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The inventions!

Another exciting SciFi story, with good winning over evil.
The inventor a human male has finally found his bondmate an Alien from a planet far away. It can only be reached by a portal which Cosmos invented. The human friends he has have all met their mates from this planet as well. I hope there are more stories in this series.
Kymnesha Edwards
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this series. I have not been able to stop reading/listening to them since I got them. this is the 4th book in the series and they already have a boatload of babies and more on the way. Can't wait to read Merrick's story it sounds interesting.
Sharon
Without a doubt my least favorite of all her books, but in this series it was a necessary bridge to continue the series...new plots, new characters, all introduced or fleshed out here. So this remains one of my favorite series.
Kyra Carr
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ICosmo's Promise

S E Smith just gets better and better! I just finished Book. Four in this series and wow, so much fun, so much love, and so many thrills ! I have to take a break now but I'll be reading again soon.
Lynn Smith
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cosmos' Promise

Full of action, adventure and plenty of romance. Cosmo never thought after making the gateway he would find the women for him. Terre never thought a human would be her bond mate. Now to convince her father that Cosmo is the man for her.
Josie
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sniff

Sweet, but sad. You learn so much about Cosmo and his crew. Unfortunately, I don't know if the author will be able to write stories for everyone, but I'm looking forward to reading Merrick's story.
Lovie D. Bey
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good.

Really enjoyed this book. Lots of action. Was good to see previous couples. Can't wait to read the next book.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Terra and Cosmos were a good coupling. Sometimes Smith had too many ideas and spent very little time flushing them out. Pity.
Katherine
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, m-f, sff, read-in-2020
Ok. The books in this series are getting more and more ridiculous, and a bit repetitive.

Bought as part of audible escape package.
Cecilia Lange Rosén
Not memoreable
Tam
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I did this book a bit of a dis-service by confusing the timeline (my mistake not the books) so for the first few chapters I was all "hang on but.." Then I realised my error. This was a quality read.

I liked that Cosmos got to be a bit of a Bond and it was plausible. I liked that Terra wasn't fighting him. The couple didn't have objections to each other but instead had to work to overcome the obstacles they faced individually and as a couple. I liked that our hero wasn't an alpha-hole who had to
Tiffany
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, romance
I have been waiting for Cosmos' book. A human male who is wealthy,an inventor/scientist, and has a secret identity. Terra is the only female in her clan's family. She's a healer, a scientist, and has some pretty good fighting skills courtesy of her brother Mak. She is sent to Earth with Cosmos for her own protection- to avoid a forced mating or being taking prisoner to the Isle of the chosen(place for unmated females). She and Cosmos make a connection and recognize the mating marks. Terra's ...more
L M
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They are all great but this one has it all.
Oh boy, wonderful to find out Cosmos is more than a genius inventor geek.
It was great to find out Cosmos was more than we had been led to believe, not just a genius geek. I have loved him from book one but his story was superb.
Terra is the younger sister of the Prime Warrior brothers we have met in the other books of this series.
She is a very intelligent woman and has a mind of her own but as a Prime female has been protected from everything. Luckily
Elaine Kirby
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cosmos Finally!

As Cosmos is the person who built the gateway I've been waiting for his story & it was awesome! Terra is the sister of J'Kar, Borj & Mak; she's also just as intelligent as Cosmos but just in a different scientific way. Terra was sent to Earth 1st to protect her from being forcibly mated on her planet but while there becomes mated to Cosmos & her father, Teriff after being in many battles on Earth with evil men has decided that daughter wasn't going to mate with a human
Rachel
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
L.A. Miller
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To date this is my favorite of all the books. Not only do all the characters from previous books return but new ones are introduced which could lead to future books. Through out the first three we were given a glimpse of Cosmo but this book proves he can hold his own with the Prime Warriors. There is nothing more sexy than a hot hunk with brains. The book is filled with humor, adventure, tragedy, incredible sex and a wonderful love story. New toys, new weapons and Rita and Rita2 out of control. ...more
Lyn Taylor
Quite enjoyed this series to date. It's nice to get away from the vampires and shifters for a while :D I must admit that I am disappointed in the editing. I can't recall if it was in this book or not (as I read them all one after the other) but there seems to be what appears to be Editor's queries in brackets plonked right there amongst the writing. AND it annoys me no end seeing 'another think coming'. Yes I know it's an Americanism but it annoys the shit out of me.
Patti Ashley
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Cosmos gets his story finally

The gorgeous geek millionaire finally reveals that he is more than the playbook millionaire he reveals to the world. Protecting Terra sister to the brothers becomes difficult when the mating tattoo appears on his hand. Fighting the Russian mob that Tansy was after brings out his inner warrior. Well worth waiting for, the story ties up lots of threads and introduces characters, warriors, outside the royal family. Cannot wait for Merrick's maiden.

• Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
  • Alien Warrior's Secret (Warriors of the Lathar, #9)
  • Ull (Tornians, #4)
  • A Grim Holiday (Tornians, #1.5)
  • Ynyr (Tornians, #3)
  • Their Rising Sun (Wintervale Packs #1)
  • Hitched to the Alien General (Warriors of the Lathar, #8)
  • Broken Mate (Project Rebellion #4)
  • Grim (Tornians, #1)
  • Mark of Eon (Eon Warriors, #5)
  • Kiss of Eon (Eon Warriors, #4)
  • Nikhil (Kaliszians, #1)
  • Oryon (Tornians #3.5)
  • Stephanie's Challenge (Imperial, #4)
  • Bane's Heart (A World Beyond Book 9)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Alien Protector's Rescued Bride (Draconian Warriors, #5)
  • Vadir (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #2; Intergalactic Dating Agency #38)
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Daggers Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packedScience fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a ...more

Cosmos' Gateway (7 books)
  • Tink's Neverland (Cosmos' Gateway, #1)
  • Hannah's Warrior (Cosmos' Gateway, #2)
  • Tansy's Titan (Cosmos' Gateway, #3)
  • Merrick's Maiden (Cosmos' Gateway, #5)
  • Core's Attack (Cosmos' Gateway, #6)
  • Saving Runt (Cosmos' Gateway, #7)

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...