Start by marking “Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)” as Want to Read:
Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)

Scars and Songs

(Mad World #3)

Shane Maxton is front man for New York City’s popular rock band, Mad World. But he has secrets; he’s not what everybody thinks he is. He comes from an ancient world, from a different time, when angels walked among men. Read the story, through Shane’s eyes, of his forbidden love, his fall from grace and his inner turmoil from living with the irrational emotions of being hum ...more
Published June 12th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Scars and Songs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scars and Songs

Christy
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo 30d7b3aa-b057-4b07-881a-8403ea0fa2ae_zps060230d9.jpg

First off- Have you read Fall From Grace and Saving Grace? If not, you should before reading this book. This is essentially the first two books in the series combined and told from Shane’s pov. This is one of my favorite paranormal series. Not only is Shane Maxton one of the HOTTEST book boyfriends around (think Travis Maddox and Kellan Kyle combined), but Grace is pretty awesome and these books are so hilarious!

Shane is sexy, funny, swoony, and HOT! I loved getting into Shane’s head. I forgot
• Lisa •
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-series
5 HEAVEN AND EARTH STARS.

"only her. My thoughts were consumed by only her."

description

Welcome to 'Scars and songs' a perfect, sexy and sensual story about the ultimate forbidden love. Nothing will prepare a reader for this series, not the authors blurb, not amazing reviews, nothing. I can only tell you that this series is beautiful, perfect and soul searching.

This is what I have been waiting for since finishing the mad world series, getting into the mind and heart of Shane Maxton. I could probably just
Vishous
SHANE'S POV!!!! OMG!!!!!!

Never thought love
would speak my name
Calling me out from the shadows
So long I have been hidden
Beneath the surface,
where the darkness flows
You breathed life into me
The minute my eyes found yours
Waking me from my lonely grave
Leaving footprints
along my deserted shores
I know you’ll never know
How it feels to me
when you say my name
Or the inferno you create in me
With your simple flame"

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY AMAZING!

This was one of the best male POV's I've read, w
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 27, 2013 marked it as to-read
This is LIVE NOW!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! ITS SHANE'S BOOK!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Angels, Heaven & Rock Stars

♪♫For her, my heart still longs
Taken, she was what I was made for
All I have now are my scars and songs
And here I am
All alone again
With all my scars and songs
Strung out from this world
Where angels don’t belong♪♫

description

In the beginning of time, before the world becomes old, God was merciful and vengeful, at the same time and angels were still pure. A small band of them was stationed on Earth to help the humans, but they were corrupted. They fell in love with the wo
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 5 'Ex-Angel Turned Sexy Rockstar' Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Okay... I have had this since it came out and I hadn't read it. WHY!?! I know not. But I am kicking myself because I freaking LOVED Shane's POV. He was so AWESOME!! And funny and
Marina
Shane, Shane, Shane..you crazy motherf*cker.

With all due respect. But this dude can make your head spin so hard you won't even know which way is up.

I really needed to follow her lead because I didn’t want to mess anything up. Then Tucker touched her. He put his greasy fucking hands on the bare skin of her back and slid them down towards her ass.  MY ASS!  Hell, I know it’s not really my ass, but it’s…no it’s MY ASS!

You've seen sexual tension. You've heard of sexual tension. You've read about s
Pam
5 stars
"…with every breath I ever took, she was my salvation. She was my fall and she was my saving grace."

Can I just say that I am without a doubt so freaking happy I read Shane’s POV…because seriously I thought I didn’t have any unanswered questions after Saving Grace, I thought I knew it all, BUT clearly I didn’t. It ALL makes PERFECT sense now. Plus, I needed Shane back in my life so I really couldn’t resist him, even if there was a chance that getting in his head would change the way I
LenaRibka
Between 2 and 2,5 Stars
Please don’t throw stones at me. But this book DIDN'T WORK for me at ll! I was even a few times VERY CLOSE to give up. Honestly!!! I know I’m in the tiny minority, I’ve seen all exciting reviews and this mount of 5 Stars, but maybe it is exactly the reason of my very high expectations! OK.
Disclaimer #1: This is the story of Mad World Books 1 & 2, Fall From Grace and Saving Grace, written through the point of view of Shane Maxton.
IT IS THE SAME Love STORY of Grace an
Jen
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am totally in love with both Shane and Grace right now. If you haven’t read Fall from Grace or Saving Grace yet then stop what you are doing and pick up these diamonds. They are phenomenal!!

“You want to be my first, Shane?”
“No, baby, I’m going to be your last.”

Grace
[image error]

Shane

This is my favorite book of the three! This book, Scars and Songs, is the first two books combined but told from Shane’s POV. Even though I knew what was going to happen essentially in this book it did offer answe
AJ
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
MORE MAD WORLD... MORE SHANE!!! WIN!!!!

I absolutely fell in love with Shane Maxton while reading Fall From Grace, and then Saving Grace – and why wouldn’t I? He’s a gorgeously hot, tattooed, man-whorish bad boy who is deeply tormented and the lead singer of a band. Perfection, right?! I have been waiting and waiting for the release of this book, and I am happy to say that it finishes the series off beautifully!

This book is a retelling of the first two books, but this time f
Beatrice
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!

FIRST! I have to say thank you thank you thank you thank you and 1000x thank you , because it came out earlier! I jumped up and down with excitement!! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieee

Then .... OMG it feels as I got the answer to life's big questions!!! even if I knew where everything would lead , did it not mean that it was not crazy exciting! (and CRAZY SEXY, oh god, I need to fan myself a little bit)

This book answered sooo many questions I had! and let me tell you,
Karen
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!! SHANE.....*sigh*
[image error] Nick Ayler photo NickAyler_9675.jpg

I’m going to try to keep this review short and spoiler free. And to all of you Mad World fans, this is not a continuation of Grace and Shane’s story…although there is a killer epilogue at the end that you will not want to miss. This book is a compilation of both Fall from Grace and Saving Grace told from Shane Maxton’s point of view. And HOLY HELL it is one hell of a POV!!!!!

I have noticed that it has become quite popular to re-tell stories through the
Mistress
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I will love her every single minute for the rest of my existence. I have her name branded on my soul, tattooed on my heart. I will never love anyone else."

I liked this book, but it was so repetitive. There were a few scenes that were enlightening to read from Shane's POV that you don't get at all from Grace's. I loved getting a look into his head and heart. He really is a great guy. In this book you get to see his thoughts, motivations, and all the reasons for the bad behaviors he had in the
Kellie Maddox-Ward
SIGH…

I fell hook, line and sinker for this loveable gang years ago when I took a shot on an indie author with $1.50 eBooks.. As everyone knows.. I was in love!

Did I think that I could love Shane Maxton more than I did when reading about him in Fall From Grace and Saving Grace
..No

Was I wrong? HELL YEAH!

Clearly you would not be reading this if you haven’t read MAD WORLD 1 & 2

So we all know the story about Grace and Shane.. .
I’m not going to repeat it just discuss my feelings…

Just like wit
Maayan

Wow what can I say about this book?
When I heard that a book in Shane's POV is Due out I got so excited!
I really loved the two books in the series, and this book did not disappoint! I really enjoyed being in Shane's head , he exceeded all my expectations, he was funny, Jealous, possessive and romantic!! I loved to read how he loves Grace and how much she means to him, especially, when he remained faithful to her from the moment he first saw her :)

I love the plot, the band, Grace BFF (hahaha she'
Jamie
Jun 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-not-read-yet
I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS COMING OUT IN SHANE'S POV!!! HOW IN THE HELL DID I MISS THIS????

Sophia Sardothien
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I love it when he's drunk
Chrissie
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
It's been a little while since I read the first 2 books in the Mad World Series so I'm not quite sure if Grace came across as such a Mary Sue or not. She definitely did in this one.

She was beautiful and everyone wanted her, she could sing and play guitar/piano better than anyone, she could fight and had the best come backs, and owned/rode a motorcycle.

She came across as a saint while Shane came across as totally unworthy of her. All his friends weren't really friends since they continually let h
Chrystal
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing
First off, if you have not read Fall From Grace and Saving Grace then I suggest you do so. And you may not want to read this review, it may contain spoilers. I'm serious, I don't want to ruin this for the rest of you non-readers of the Mad World Series. ok, you've been warned. :) The rest may proceed.

"How do you say good-bye to your heart? Your soul? The one thing that you loved more than yourself?

description

That Prologue was beautiful. I wanted to quote the entire thing and it is 9 pages! Shane has a beau
Erin
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr-faves
How do you say goodbye to your heart? Your soul? The one thing that you loved more than yourself.~ p. 1

My, oh my, I couldn't wait to hear Shane's point of view from this incredible story, and he did not at all disappoint!! The Mad World series is one of my absolute favorite paranormal romances, Shane and Grace's love story was just breathtaking. When I started this series, I had to read Fall from Grace and Saving Grace together because I was so entirely lost in them, and it was no different this
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 12, 2013 marked it as considering
TEASER!

From Christine Zolendz FB page <3

I remembered the knock on my door. The blonde was topless, and fuck, I am only human.

Then we were in the Bone Room and were walking clumsily, kissing and sucking at each other, tongues and mouths and fingers touching each other as we stumbled onto the bed. She pulled my boxers down and her lips were immediately wrapped around my cock so tightly, it almost hurt.

I remembered opening the slut drawer and throwing a wad of condoms at her and using them all
C-Money
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Then let me in, because I promise you, I will pick up every little broken piece of you, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PIECE, Grace. For the rest of my fucking life, I will put you back together.... I'll make you whole again"

"You want to by my first Shane?"
"No, Baby, Im going to be your last.."

SWOONING over here. Shane just burrowed his way in my heart. This book wrapped up the series in a nice little package with a huge FUCKING bow.

"shut up and go to sleep Grace"

This book was just, i have no word
Kim Karr
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A book about an angel turned bad boy rocker--how could you not love it!!!

When I read a review for Falling from Grace last year (Book 1) the reviewer said Shane was as close as you could get to Kellan Kyle so I had to read it. I don't usually read books in the paranormal genre and was thrilled when l finished and loved it. Then I read Saving Grace and loved that too. I waited patiently for Scars and Songs and it was worth the wait.

Shane's POV added so much to the already told story--it helped me
Melissa
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have patiently been awaiting this book since I read the first two books in the Mad World Series, and let me tell you it definitely met my expectations! I devoured it! Being able to get inside Shane's head to be able to see and feel what he was going through was awesome and sometimes just plain hilarious! I laughed out loud quite a bit while reading which is not something to do while reading in the middle of the night in bed beside your husband. Anyway, I enjoy Christine's writing and will defi ...more
Caitlin
“How do you say goodbye to your heart? Your soul? The one thing that you loved more than yourself.”

4.5 Shane Maxton Stars!

The first two books in the Mad World series were two of my favorite books from last year. The whole concept of it was so unique and interesting and I quickly fell in love with all the characters. Seeing the story from Shane’s POV was just as enjoyable and added so much to the story.

Scars and Songs is basically the first 2 books but told from Shane’s POV instead of Grace’s but
Laurynne Gouws
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Actual Rating for this book: 4.5 / 5

I nearly collapsed when I saw Scars & Songs was available on Amazon!

I didn't even realize it until I saw it. I've definitely been sleeping because Mad World is one of my all-time favorite series.

Anyway, so if you've read Fall From Grace (Mad World #1) & Saving Grace (Mad World #2) You will know that it's an awesome tale! No? Well then you didn't read it properly lol :)

Scars & Songs is really just both of the first two books, but written from Shan
Amanda Moon
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am slightly overwhelmed and speechless. This book was phenomenal! Shane's POV was just what this story needed. The second book ended beautifully but the ending to this story was just insane and I loved it!
Like the author says, this is the exact same story as books 1 & 2 just from Shane instead of Grace. The insight given is priceless and I could not imagine going back to only hearing the story from her side. Shane is such a great guy that we just don't see that when only told from Grace a
Denise
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is Fall from Grace and Saving Grace from Shane's POV, and you do need to read both of those books before reading Scars and Songs. Fall from Grace and Saving Grace were both 5 stars books in my humble opinion and Songs and Scars rounds up this trilogy with another resounding 5 stars. An alternate POV is, of course, a retelling of a story and the concern is that you are not going to get anything new, and what you 'read between the lines' is actually what you thought happened and you just end ...more
Jenni Fields-Hatfield
"Love wasn’t forcing someone to feel the same thing you do for your own benefit. Love is patiently waiting for centuries to touch someone's lips again; love was giving up everything of yourself to let someone else be safe. Love is that breathless feeling when you want someone. It's the need to be a part of someone or you won't feel whole."

Absolutely, hands down without a doubt one of the best books in 2013!

Being inside of Shane's head is not only breathtakingly romantic, it's downright smokin

• And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • Naked Edge
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Can't Have You
  • Mark of the Gladiator (Warriors of Rome, #4)
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Black Heart (Cursed Hearts, #1)
  • Demon at My Door (Demon at My Door, #1)
  • The Fallen Crest Series (Fallen Crest High, #0.5-3)
  • Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 14 (The Wallflower, #14)
  • Kiss Me
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Obsession
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 04
USA Today bestselling romance author. Mother. Coffee drinker. Unicorn believer. New Yorker.
Books and writing are my escape from reality.
Read Me Free Here:
bit.ly/ChrisZo

Mad World (3 books)
  • Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)
  • Saving Grace (Mad World, #2)
“There are only two four letter words that are offense to men. The words don’t and stop. Well, unless they are used together.” 33 likes
“I've been broken and she's my missing pieces, all of them. My heart wants what it wants. She is the other half of my soul. I will never feel whole until she's mine.” 32 likes