Start by marking “Uncorked (Uncorked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Uncorked (Uncorked, #1)

Uncorked

(Uncorked #1)

A Contemporary Romance with Elements of Suspense

Chella Noon’s life isn’t her own. Her success as a Marketing Executive in the cosmetic division of an international conglomerate is overshadowed by a series of tragic events from a decade ago. With no family, few trusted friends and years spent on the run, she opens herself up to the possibility of a future with a sexy new re
Published February 2013 by Rebecca Rohman

To ask other readers questions about Uncorked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncorked

Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf)
Since UNCORKED, romantic suspense novel by Rebecca Rohman , wil put you in the right mood for a tête-à-tête with your significant other, my thoughts about the book come with 'candlelight dinner' menu and wine pairing. Visit MINA'S BOOKSHELF for an extended review. Enjoy ;) http://minadecaro.blogspot.com/2013/0...

This contemporary debut novel, authored by indie writer Rebecca Rohman, is labeled as "romance with elements of suspense." Well, the label may not adequately describe the intensity and
Sabrina Olteanu
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jonel Boyko
Apr 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story that approaches a very difficult topic in a captivating way. I found myself wanting to know more and more about the lives of these interesting characters and the trials that they faced. I was scared for the characters, yet at the same time thrilled to see how much they accomplished, and how well they were able to overcome everything that came at them.

Some of the conversation and dialogue in this novel seems rather forced and unnatural. It is not written the way that
Kirstie
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I really love Ms Rohman's writing style. Each paragraph, sentence and chapter has just enough description to keep you hanging, wanting to read more. Ms Rohman has avoided the angsty backwards and forwards story line where you just want to bang the character's heads together. Don't get me wrong this story is jam packed full of drama, action, love, lust and mystery. But Ms Rohman's writing style kept the story moving without lingering story lines.

Chella Noon has masterfully kept her
Cleo
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Uncorked is not a typical romance novel. It's full of suspense, and twists and turns. This book kept me on my toes. Just when you thought, you have it all figured out or things would calm down, another piece of the story is revealed and you have to keep going. The emotion between Chella Noon & Mitch Mariani was beautifully written. This book had me shedding tears with the characters. The pressure built just like the pressure in a bottle of good Champagne. Uncorked opened up emotions each cha ...more
Lisa M
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thank you goodreads giveaway and Rebecca Rohman for the opportunity to read Uncorked. At first I didn't think I was going to like it, however once the plot thickened a little, I enjoyed it. It had enough suspense that I wanted to see how it ended. Was a quick read once I got into the story line.
Books&Dreams
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

I was given this book as an ARC for an honest review.
I gave this book 5 stalking stars ;)

This is Chella and Mitch's story.

From the outside Chella looks like she has it all. A strong life, a great job, wonderful friends. The only thing that her friends seem to think that she is missing is a man. But Chella is not interested in a man. She has had problems for the last ten years from her ex. A man that has not left her alone but has stalked her for years and made her life miserable and the only th
Tanya Watt
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Uncorked took my emotions for a ride. One minute I’m happy, next I’m so angry I almost through my kindle across the room, but then I would be sad where I felt like bawling my eyes out. There were also times I looked around to make sure no one could read it while I blushed like a school girl.

Rebecca Rohman’s writing makes you feel what they feel, and I think she did real well mixing all those emotions together to make a great story.

I have to say I have a deep book crush on Mitch Mariani! He’s se
Tina Leonard
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If your looking for a book that keeps you guessing what's going to happen next. You need to read Uncorked. It has Romance which I Love, Suspense & Drama! This Love story is one roller coaster ride. Mitch & Chella endure many opstical's in their relationship. Some threatening to tear them apart. Chella has avoided being in a relationship for 10 years because of a past relationship. After a break up her Ex Aaron does every thing in his power to keep Chella scared & out of a relationshi ...more
Tracy Reads
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

I liked this book a lot it sometimes had me on edge wanting to know what happened and had a lot of omg did that just happen moments, I loved Mitch he is so good for chella , this book was exciting with sexy and swoon thrown into the mix well done Rebecca great read recommended to all you romance lovers who like danger and suspense twists
William E.
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story that pulls on your emotions
Kylie Lacovich (The Reading Cow)
Well... I think I've found a new favourite author. And genre. The synopsis states that Uncorked is "a contemporary romance with elements of suspense". The suspense is definitely there, and so is the romance. There never seemed to be a dull moment in Uncorked. There was always something happening and I was constantly trying to predict what was going to happen next. The story had a great pace and there didn't seem to be any "down time" moments.

Chella Noon is a very strong minded and independent wo
Ashley Lenderman
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, favorites, arcs
Wow! This book will devour you! This is not just your ordinary romance story. It has suspense, twists and turns and keeps you one the edge of your seat! You feel emotionally connected to the main characters. The story is written very well! I love reading a book that makes you feel every emotion and this book delivered!

The book is about a woman named Chella Noon who keeps to herself, doesn't go out much, works 24/7 and only has a hand full of friends. Her reason in doing so is she hides from her
*P
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
In Uncorked,Chella Noon is set up by her friends with Mitch Mariani. The two as a couple have some great chemistry but their relationship is challenged by a psycho ex from Chella's past. She has lived a shell of a life, constantly moving and finding it hard to set up roots due to the threat her ex has posed. Her chemistry and feelings for Mitch are causing her to rethink her life of solitude.

Mitch, company owner, hot guy, appears to be perfect for Chella. He wants to be Chella's protector and th
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've long been a fan of Rebecca's and have loved every other book she's written. I had never read her very first book though, until now.

It's nothing short of what I have come to expect from her. A beautiful story with romance and suspense; tons of plot twists and lots of steam!

Mitch is such a fantastic character, you find yourself falling a little bit in love with him yourself. He's charming, polite and tenacious, which serves him well up against the very stubborn Chella.

Chella has essentially l
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
What happens when the man of your dreams walks into your life, but your life is anything but normal or safe for that matter. You'll push him away, but he'll fight tooth and nail to stay with you. But when the danger surrounding you threaten the one person he loves above all else, will he still stay and fight or will he run and never look back?

Uncorked is thrilling, suspenseful, complicated, heartwarming, hopeful, and at the heart of it, love. And although the journey is fraught with danger at ev
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle, m-f, own, r2r, romance
Book gifted from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cover :- 3 stars
Sex/steaminess :- 4 stars
Story line :- 4 stars
Characters :- 5 stars
Overall rating :- 4 stars

Personal rating :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- M/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- Almost
Is this a review book or personal read :- Review read

Why I chose this book?

I was asked by the author to read the book for an honest review

What I liked about this book.

* It had an amazing storyline.
* It was easy to get lost in.
* Rebecca creates a w
Brooke
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from author in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book. While I was reading it there were many moments where I felt that I could relate to Chella and Mitch.

There were many situations where I was reading and would have a "What" feeling, there was so much that would happen that I didn't see coming. There were many turns that kept me guessing and kept me hooked so that I had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. It kept me going to try and figure out w
Michelle
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC READ 5*****

This is the second book I have read by Rebecca Rohman and I understand this was the first book she wrote, the story is very well written and I made a deep connection with Chella & Mitch throughout the whole story.

I really enjoyed this book from start to finish, the story takes you on a wild journey of twists, betrayal, love and contains lots of emotional drama.

The story contains some very sensitive issues, from serious staking matters to miscarriage, Rebecca has written
Lisa
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five stars!
This is Rebecca Rohman's first book ... I, of course, read this one third
... it's a stand alone book so don't worry if you haven't read it or you didn't read it first!

while I could tell it was her first book, that in NO WAY diminished the wow factor of this book.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book ... from beginning to end
Chella and Mitch frustrated me sometimes with their Stubbornness but they also made me care about them ... i laughed & cried, i felt fear, anger, apprehension, co
Loraine Oliver
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
I think this book was a great break-out novel for Rebecca. It was well written the characters were likable, and well developed just as the story was, great sex between the main characters and a lot of angst and build up of suspense as the book continues on.
Do not miss this read, you will be sorry. I am not really good at reviews, but I like this book and wanted to encourage people not to miss out on a good first novel!!!
I see a great future for this writer and will continue to buy her books!
Liz Lawson
Suspense, steamy romance, sexy male, what more can you ask for. Another exciting and steamy story by one of my favourite authors. Chella and Mitch are set up by their friends. Chella had a harrowing 10 years and tries to keep her distance but Mitch won't be put off. Lots of disasters and accidents throughout the story. Mitch is the "red hot lover". Loved the story, page turner from start to finish.
Lesley Edwards
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a great read. I was pulled in from the first page to the last.
Loved both Chella and Mitch's characters and Rebecca's writing style. This book takes you on a rollercoaster ride full of twists and turns that you don't expect, it's captivating reading.
There is everything you can wish for in a book, love hot sex, intrigue, lies and deception even a stalker.
5*** stunning stars.
Colleen Farrell
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read!
I am a huge fan of Rebecca's and yet again here is another great story from her.
Chella is such a strong character and I really like that in female leads,she is very likeable.Mitch is just all sorts of yummi maleness.The story is good and you are kept intrigued throughout.
Maria
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr
Well, never a dull moment in this book.
I was full of suspense. I couldn't wait to pick the book up again too see what happened next.
I was heartwarming, heartbreaking and it was hot and sexy. Chella and Mitch were great characters. Loved the epilogue.
Marcie Wegner
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Uncorked by Rebecca Rohman. The story has the just the right amount of romance and suspense. Chella and Mitch have a great story to tell and keep the reader enthralled while they tell it. I didn't want to put the book down. Not only will you love the story, but you will fall in love with the characters.
Kristal
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable read. There is a lot of suspense and drama. You will be thinking what could happen next!? Those poor characters :) Mitch, Chella, and all of the other characters are well developed and likable.

My only issue is that is just doesn't seem as fast paced as I would like.

Definitely worth checking out.
Ashley Jasper
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a big Rebecca Rohman fan since one of my reading groups read Love, Lives and The D.A. a few years ago. And in that time I have read every other book this author has published, except Uncorked. Not sure why it took me this long to go back and read her debut but I am glad I finally did.

I loved that the intensity was there from page one and didn't let up until the very end. I love me a good romantic suspense story- and while we knew who was responsible for most of it, trying to figure out
Jess
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not entirely sure why it has taken me so long to read Uncorked. I blame life. Life always tends to get in the way of good reading. And this is most definitely good reading!

Uncorked has all the elements we have come to expect from a Rebecca Rohman novel: suspense, romance, strong females and alpha males. I think Chella is perhaps my favourite female character. And Mitch. Well, I’d love to be set up on a blind date with him ;) Mitch is persistent and determined. No matter how hard Chella tries
Anny hernandez
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

O.M.G. Just finished reading this book and love it. I couldn't put the book down, love the characters and love how the book turned out to be, this book has some twist and suspended have to say that it had me seating at the edge of my seat, I'm going to keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Chella she is a makeup marketing and she loves her job. But she hasn't had a normal life for the l
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Dressed in White
  • Passion After Dark (Passion, #1)
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe
  • Academy of Love
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Since He Really Feels (He Feels Trilogy, #3)
  • Private North
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Then, Now, Forever (Heartbeat, #2)
  • Broken Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Driftwood Deeds (Breaking in Waves, #1)
  • From the Boots Up
  • Sapphire Blue
  • Red (Believe #1)
  • At Her Feet
  • Best Erotic Romance 2014
  • A Valentine Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • Whiter than White
Rebecca Rohman is a wife and designer currently living in the northeastern United States. She was a sales manager for a tourist magazine, and for many years prior, she was involved in marketing for a jewelry company and fine wine distributor.

About fifteen years ago, she started writing her first romance novel purely to entertain herself. In early 2012, she decided to complete and release it. Since

Uncorked (2 books)