Start by marking “Apocalypse Z (A Zombie Novel)” as Want to Read:
Apocalypse Z (A Zombie Novel)

Apocalypse Z

(Apocalypse Z #1)

Paperback edition.

A deadly virus is ravaging the world. Zombies roam the streets and mankind is nearing extinction. In an attempt to escape the virus and zombie's grasp, the Jacobs family and a group of young adults must travel 1,300 miles up the West Coast to a cabin located high in the mountains of Washington. Things don’t go as planned and their trip quickly turns into
Paperback, First, 258 pages
Published February 8th 2013 by G.E. Swanson (first published June 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Apocalypse Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apocalypse Z

Jacquelyn Smith
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r

Just imagine waking up one morning and your friends and family are dead or changed into zombies. In Apocalypse Z that's what group of young adults did to get to a zombies free zone in Washington State.

This is a must read after reading this book, I felt unprepared and wanted shopping
Tony Valente
Don't waste your time, worst zombie book I've read.
Linda Walker
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Mr. Swanson really stepped up on this one and put it out there, a very bold move for a new author and I applaud him for that. This is a story about a group of teens and young adults trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Most of the time, these books have been toned way down and are not that realistic. As a parent of four, I can say this book presents things as they are in the real everyday world (excluding the zombies of course) and there will probably be a few pe ...more
Dan Smart
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s great to see a book where young adults play the heroes and heroines. Usually it is the other way around and the younger people are the ones having to be rescued at some inconvenient point and tend to be portrayed as a hindrance at times throughout the story.

This book breaks that stereotyping cycle. The author has also given them skills, intelligence, courage, and the ability to think and react quick in stressful situations. Some may think that is farfetched, but I don’t. Younger people can
Mark
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would call this a comic book without pictures, and suitable for horny teenagers with short attention spans and no eye for detail.
First thing that got me was a family behaving like a well-trained Special Forces team with no emotions.
There was a lack of detail in describing what seem to be familiar scenes to any zombie apocalypse fan. The speech is extremely clichéd and the charters lacked emotion and any sort of unique personality, apart from mostly being horny.
There also seem to be a lack of c
David Ortiz
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think what makes this book so great is that you can read it and picture every detail. The sensory images where what kept me reading. I really like how the characters developed and became fiercer,tougher. I would like to read the next book in this series because I have a lot of questions. Overall,I was impressed by this one because I had only picked it up because the book cover was really cool looking. I added it to my kindle to test it and I read the first few pages. Bam! I was instantly hooke ...more
Mercedes
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this in one sitting. The story is fast paced and keeps your eyes glued to the pages waiting to see what's coming next. I look forward to the next installment. Readers take note, this new author is one to watch.
Patrick O'Grady
Too much love interest... not enough zombie killing.
Zachariah Schoeb
Everything a zombie apocalypse fan could ask for!!! :D
Loki
Its ok. Not great, just ok
Esmeralda
They lived happily ever after .............with solar power and a few friends ......Awwww...that is sweet.

Yeah, riiight! LOL!
Kellie
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short. Wanted more. Great what I did read though
Neil Evridge
This was not a bad story. The storyline was not as captivating as I had hoped.
Estela Anders
Fast read. While the story and style makes it better suited for the teenage market, the explicit violence, gore and sexuality makes it not so suitable(IMHO)for the intended market.
Anthony
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was full of heart pounding action.
Abby
Print edition availability 1 1 Mar 23, 2013 06:27PM
Print edition availability 1 1 Mar 23, 2013 06:24PM
★Five Star Series★: Zombie Series 2 6 Mar 18, 2013 01:26PM

• In the Dead: Volume 1
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Sven the Zombie Slayer
  • Zombie Crusade (Zombie Crusade, #1)
  • The King of Clayfield
  • Sanctuary (A New World, #3)
  • A Pound of Flesh (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #4)
  • The Bitter Seasons (Living with the Dead, #2)
  • A Very Good Man (Dead End #1)
  • Lakewood Memorial
  • As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • The Variant Effect
  • The Dead Walk The Earth
  • Plague War (Plague, #2)
  • Onslaught (Last Hope #1)
  • Hera (Elei's Chronicles, #0.5)
Greg Swanson currently lives in California’s southern San Joaquin Valley where he grew up. He has a wife and two grown children. While serving in the U.S. Army, he has lived in Virginia, New Jersey, Hawaii, and Japan. From a very young age he was fascinated with the paranormal and science fiction, and now writes about it. He loves anything that has zombies and is on a constant hunt for it.

Apocalypse Z (2 books)
  • Apocalypse Z: Uncommon Ground (Zombie Novel, #2)