Start by marking “All the Birds: American Bird Conservancy's Field Guide: A Revolutionary System Based on Feeding Behaviors & Field Recognizable Features” as Want to Read:

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
No more frantic flipping through the pages as the bird flies away, with this easy-to-use identification guide, beginning to advanced birders can instantly locate the information they need. The fundamental problem vexing the previous creators of bird guides has been how to organize some 800 species so that the one bird at hand can be easily accessed by instantly observable ...more
Published March 28th 1997 by HarperResource

To ask other readers questions about All the Birds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Birds

Manybooks
Jul 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bird watchers and bird enthusiasts
Jack Griggs' All the Birds of North America is more often than not the go-to book I use in order to identify unknown bird species I see on my property, as while I do own a number of different bird watching books, none of them in my opinion even remotely compare to this excellent and handy field guide. The headings and divisions make sense, the illustrations are both beautiful and intricately detailed, while the individual descriptions of the presented bird species are informative without being l ...more
Brad
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nature, guide, birds
Although it's not in the "usual" order for bird guides, this book is still a handy reference to have around. The illustrators put many of the species in their habitat in the drawings and the text descriptions give a good introduction for those just starting to learn these different types of words. The organization and lack of direct comparisons for a lot of the species keep me from using this book in the field.
keri
Mar 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Sweet! Shows birds both in habitat and on the wing for better identification. And fits handily in your pocket for hands-free hiking and easy retrieval. Thanks to Jeanne for showing me the way!
Lisa
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nature
My first field guide. A gift from my husband.
Melissa
Dec 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves birds or wants to learn about them.
I learned about lots of new birds. Mostly the different kinds that I run across where I might travel or be. This is a great for few reasons;

1, It's broken down into catagory by bird type: ex: waterfowl, land, flight, etc.
2. It's filled with beautiful, colorful portraits of each of the birds. Great for the more the visually-learning type.
3. There are little maps of the United States for each section that displays darken areas for the bird population.
4. At the back of the book is a check-list for
Tiffany
Oct 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: birding
The non-traditional organization of this book throws many birders, but I think the illustrations are beautiful and it has a lot of useful information in it. Its size is nice for packing around.
Deedra