Start by marking “Love on the Line (The Line, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love on the Line (The Line, #1)

Love on the Line

(The Line #1)

Please note, this is a novella-length work, 111 pages.

Violet Morgan puts the personal in personal chef, catering to clients who want the full cooking experience rather than a culinary drop-and-dash. But when her brother’s police detective partner is injured in the line of duty and needs help during recovery, she makes an exception. Violet lost her father to the job seven y
Published February 24th 2013 by Curtis Brown Digital

To ask other readers questions about Love on the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on the Line

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellFighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsHard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
Covergasms!
1,152 books — 934 voters
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnSeducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Brother's Best Friend
306 books — 995 voters

More lists with this book...

Kimberly Kincaid
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's my book...of course I love it ;)
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Love on the Line was the perfect mix of sexy and sweet. I'm still shocked with how much emotion was packed into this novella. While I'm not usually a novella fan, unless it's mixed into a larger series, I thought I'd pick this one up. I adored another book by this author, and I was interested to try a different story line by her. I'm so glad I did, because the characters and I clicked, and this book went by so fast. So if you're looking for a quick, fun read that also has some sexy scenes thrown ...more
2.5 stars.

It was sweet, safe, engagingly written, and without any OP drama. The character development was a little shallow, but I didn't mind it too much. There were no details of the H's past with women, and I appreciated that. It seems that nowadays even novellas or shorts are peppered with references to a manho past which just makes me so annoyed. I didn't like the pushing away the h did, but I did enjoy how the H wouldn't let the h go. He wasn't OTT possessive, but he wasn't passive either.
Sabrina
Love on the Line is a fast paced love story that is adorably sweet with a little sexy thrown in. Noah and Violet are pushed together when Noah is injured in the line of duty and his partner gets the Police Department to hire his sister as Noah's personal chef.

Violet has had enough pain in her life and wants to avoid anymore heartbreak, which means pushing the sexy Detective away so she doesn't have to deal with his job. But things heat and Violet and Noah can't stop the attraction from turning
Pat
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This novel had two things that attracted me before I opened the book. A hunky police officer and a chef! I'm very much of a "foodie" and my husband is the chef in our family. I love to watch meals come together, and that is our heroine Violet Morgan's specialty. She is a trained chef, tried the restaurant circle, but opened her own business to have a more personal touch. She definitely gets one with our hero, Noah Blackwell!

Noah is Jason's Morgan's partner and a Homicide Detective. Noah has been
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

5 Awesome Sizzling Stars

Loved everything about this short sexy read. Kimberly has an amazing way with words. The sweet love story that grew right in the kitchen while cooking up quite a bit more than good food really warmed my heart. Noah was perfect and don't let the shortness of this novella fool you..its packed with romance and heat. Can't wait to dive into the next one. I've found a new must read author!

Robin Covington
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-reads
Kimberly Kincaid has mastered the recipe for exciting, fun, and sexy contemporary romance. She takes one part melt-in-your-mouth hero, one part better-than-chocolate heroine, one part make your-heart-beat-faster spicy sexual tension, and one part satisfying-like-no-other emotion and creates a story that will make you beg for seconds. Yes, please.

Jennifer McQuiston
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading an advanced reader's copy of Love on the Line and it is pure Kimberly Kincaid - hot, sultry, full of beautiful phrasing.

Briefly, Violet's a personal chef tasked with cooking for police detective Noah while he recovers from a gunshot wound. Violet doesn't need heartache in the form of a bullet-prone cop, but there's more going on in the kitchen than either of them think!

Ms. Kincaid is an incredible storyteller, and Violet and Noah sizzle on the page. A 30K novella, Love o
Lindsey Brookes
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love On The Line gives new meaning to the term 'sinfully delicious' in this fun, sassy novella! Noah, the hero, is a cop whose been wounded and has to have someone take care of him until he's back on his feet. That someone comes in the form of Violet Morgan, his partner's sister. Cooking is her specialty, but the kitchen isn't the only place things start to heat up. A fun read. I highly recommend adding it to your summer reading list.
Kathy Altman
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Debut author Kimberly Kincaid has been cooking up some tasty romantic fiction. Her contemporary novella, Love on the Line, is smart, tart and sexy. The characters are layered and engaging, their thoughts and actions so genuine you'll forget you're reading fiction. Violet's reasons for fighting her feelings for Noah are deeper than the standard "you could be killed on the job," and the philosophy behind her business is profound and telling.

I was especially wowed by Noah — when you're in his head,
Sonja
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I knew from the beginning that this story would probably have more “steam” than I usually like to read, but I also knew that I absolutely had to read it. I kept highlighting great imagery and quotes that got my attention, in order to refer to one or two in my review, but there were so many I’d be sharing the whole book if I did!

I will mention that if you don't care for steamy scenes in your novels, or a little language, you probably want to give Love on the Line a pass, but if you are a fan of g
Dawn
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise of this book with the heroine, Violet being a personal chef. I've never thought of cooking as so sexy and easy. You made me want to work in the kitchen because it sounded so fun.I mean if Noah can do it, why can't I? Now Noah, Whew! Sexy, tough, but sensitive even if he didn't want to admit it! The descriptions were so detailed but not too much. It really made the book speed by! Then of course the sex, Oh My God! I am so impressed! Very well done Kimberly Kincaid! I may even ...more
Alyssa
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hot cop, lots of food and some steamy moves in the kitchen. If you want something to warm you up on a cold day, this is it! Loved Noah and Violet--particularly Noah. Reading about these two falling in love was a treat.
Dana
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novella was a fabulous, easy, yet steamy read. Violet and Noah have a great chemistry because they are both utterly devoted to what they do and they have history! Kimberly writes with great imagery and thought. The food Violet cooks made my mouth water! Enjoy!
Carla Krissinger
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A short, easy read for a cold winter's day. I am not usually a fan of novella length books that are standalone. I would prefer them as a conclusion to series or trilogy, etc, because they are usually more rushed to reach the conclusion. The romance seems hurried and such.

However, Kincaid pulls this one off nicely. The couple had a small history which played into the story, providing them a few years of knowing each other before actually putting them into more of a romantic situation. It was fast
Nikki
This was a sweet romance about two people who find love where they least expect it. I enjoyed this author's writing style and I would definitely read more from her and this series! I only wish it were a little longer so that their 'I love you's' didn't come so soon but it was a great novella. 3.5 stars!

Favorite lines:

"Nope. I'm not buying it. Nothing tastes better with peas in it."
(I would have to agree! Peas are yuk)

"You're going to fix this mess with toothpicks? What are you, like a culinary
Stephanie (Purdueliz) Baassler
Loved it. Proper review to follow when it isn't 3am.

Love on the Line was a tasty little morsel that will leave you satisfied, yet hungry for more. Violet is sweet with a bit of snarky sass. Noah's a tough guy, who learns it's okay to be vulnerable sometimes and let someone in. Together, they just work.
Amber Fueston
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-keep
Love on the Line was a very pleasant read. The focus on the food was both sensual and yummy. I love that the characters had baggage but were still good strong independent people without the million different issues that some characters seem to have now. I do wish it was a little longer but that's just because I am greedy. Now excuse me while I start Drawing the Line!
Arlene
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read by Kimberly Kincaid, but it won't be the last. Earthy and packed with both emotion and sumptuous descriptions. Lots of great banter, too, with some laugh-out-loud moments. I have a feeling I'll be thinking of Noah and Violet for some time to come.
Amanda Grandon
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this novella! It was the perfect break after a long day. The storyline draws you in and keeps you there. Characters are believable and kept me asking what happens next. Will definitely be reading more from this author :)
Dyanne
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love it! It was a fun sexy read and I wanted more. Can't wait to read more Kimberly Kincaid.
Avery Flynn
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved. Loved. Loved. A great story, but man it made me hungry.
Deanna Drake
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Foodie romance...Hot cop and sassy personal chef who are just yummy together. Great debut for this up and coming writer!!! So sexy and well written...loved it!
Beverly Early
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters, the writing and the pace. I'm not a big romance reader but with this author I'm looking forward to her book releases this year. Perfect balance. Highly recommend!
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book so much! Can't wait to read the next three. Luckily I have them all lol. Review Coming as soon as I finish the rest.
Maree Repa
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hungry for Love

Five Amazing Stars

I was so completely thrilled to receive another such wonderful romance and enjoy another first book to, The Line. By another of my favourite authors, Kimberly Kincaid. I absolutely adored this wonderful romance so full of excitement !

Whilst Violet Morgan and her chef had been organising this grand meal just wishing she hadn't got out of the Foods and services. Yes Violet was the artist, so able to create wonderful tasty food.

Shocked now to find her brother, a Pol
Anna's Herding Cats
Love on the Line was a very cute read and just what I needed to lift my spirits and make me smile on one of our lovely rainy winter weekends here in North Carolina. It had all of my favorite elements... lovable characters with a complicated connection, passion with just a bit of inner turmoil, humor, love and cooking!

Kimberly's warnings to not read this one when you're hungry are spot on. OMG I drooled over all the yummy cooking and was kicking myself for not having anything delicious in the hou
Rhonda
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
The brother’s best friend trope is one of my favorites. This book was a pretty good example of that, not only were they friends, they were partners on the police force. I imagine that would make it that much harder, not to mention the fact that the heroine didn’t want a relationship with a cop. Violet’s father was killed while on duty.

The author did an amazing job in describing Violet’s light bulb moment. I don’t believe I could ever give up on the love of my life because of his job, no matter h
Amy
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 star read!! Loved this novella, loved it!

LOVE ON THE LINE by Kimberly Kincaid is fast-paced, character-driven, filled with desire driven tension, and mouthwatering delicious kitchen events. Kimberly treats us to, not only a wonderful story and a passionate couple, but also takes our culinary imaginations on a trip through delicious meals that will have you thinking about raiding the icebox. She also tacks on one of the recipes featured as a meal that Violet and Noah cook together. I know
Cheryl
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sexy food and cops or is it sexy cops and food...hmm. In this book you get both. Sweet love story and a recipe to boot...can't ask for more. I hope we see more of Violet and Noah in Drawing the Line. Thank you Kimberly Kincaid.
  • Night with a Dom (1Night Stand, #96)
  • Play for Me
  • Exposing Alix
  • My Everything
  • Playing at Forever
  • Always on the Run (Always the Bridesmaid, #2)
  • Billionaire Bad Boy
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • The Millionaire Tempted Fate
  • Bare Necessities (Brookfield #2)
  • The Fire Still Burns
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Olivia
  • Amuse Bouche (The Winemaker's Dinner, #1.5)
  • Waiting Fate
  • The Dare (The Chronicles of Katrina, #1)
  • The Brevity of Roses (Bay of Dreams, #1)
  • Into the Arms of a Cowboy
Kimberly Kincaid writes contemporary romance that splits the difference between sexy and sweet. When she's not sitting cross-legged in an ancient desk chair known as "The Pleather Bomber", she can be found practicing obscene amounts of yoga, whipping up anything from enchiladas to éclairs in her kitchen, or curled up with her nose in a book. Kimberly is a USA Today best-seller and 2015 RWA RITA® f ...more

The Line (4 books)
  • Drawing the Line (The Line, #2)
  • Outside the Lines (The Line, #3)
  • Pushing the Line (The Line, #4)
“She jammed both hands to her hips, grinding her boots to the linoleum. “You are so rigid, it’s infuriating!”

Noah’s ear-to-ear smile froze the breath right to her lungs. “I know, but you’re really cute when you’re irritated, and it’s kind of worth pissing you off.”

Violet nearly lost her death grip on the peas. “You think I’m cute?”
6 likes
“A loud, purposeful knock on the front door froze him in place with his fist over the fabric.
“Hey, dude, it’s me. I brought you all four Bloodsport movies. Open up!”

Jason’s voice filtered past the front door, and he and Violet flew apart like teenagers at a party raid.
No way. This wasn’t happening. He had not just gotten cock-blocked by his best friend and partner, AKA the only living relative of the woman he’d very nearly stripped naked in his front hallway.”
4 likes