Start by marking “Dämonen der Luft und Finsternis (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #8.04)” as Want to Read:
Dämonen der Luft und Finsternis (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #8.04)

Dämonen der Luft und Finsternis

(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

Der erbarmungsloseste Jäger der Galaxis trifft auf ihren tödlichsten Soldaten!

Einst reisten sie mit einem einzelnen Schritt von einer Welt zur nächsten - dank ihrer zahllosen und über die Galaxis verteilten Portale. Sie waren gefürchtet, Monster aus dem All, und man kannte sie als Dämonen der Luft und Finsternis. Doch vor langer Zeit verließen sie ihr Reich. Nun hat jemand
Published September 2010 by Amigo Grafik (cross cult) (first published September 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Dämonen der Luft und Finsternis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dämonen der Luft und Finsternis

Start your review of Dämonen der Luft und Finsternis (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #8.04)
Crystal Bensley
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are a great series but end on a cliffhanger!
Adam
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the galaxy-wide network of Iconian gateways are mysteriously flung open, the crew of Deep Space Nine find themselves in the midst of an ecological disaster. Waste from a Malon freighter in the Delta Quadrant is being dumped through one of the gateways and making its way to the colony of Europa Nova, a short jump from the station. With the population under threat from theta radiation poisoning, Kira must mobilise a task force to save the natives.

This DS9 crossover into the Delta Quadrant may
Frank
A worthy read

Even tho lots of characters moved on, DS9's relaunch novels can be good. This one is worth reading, whether you're reading it for the Gateways series or just for DS9. Cliffhanger, need book 7 for the conclusion.
Dustin
My least favorite of the Gateways series, though that might have something to do with the fact that I wasn't much of a fan of the relaunched DS9 series, or of the Hirogen.
Kristen
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek, 2011
Star Trek. Deep Space Nine. What more could you possibly want? :)
Elen
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well-written book held down by a ludicrously absurd premise from a couple of not-great TNG episodes.
Jim Fulner
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book very quickly. The story was very fast passed and kept me flipping pages. The Chapters transitioned quickly from one place to another (gamma quadrant, Bajor, DS9, etc.) and it was easy to keep track of as the chapter would begin with a title indicating where you where. returnreturnAlthough the author claims that this is a stand alone story that happens to fit in the DS9 Relaunch world, I personally would not recommend reading this unless you have at least read S.D. Perry's Av ...more
Matthew
Much better writing than the previous novel. The fact that this ties into the ongoing DS9 relaunch helps, as there's much more of a sense of progression and things going on in the background, as well as an investment in the events.

The story is also pretty good fun. The "gateways" crisis doesn't affect Deep Space Nine and the Bajoran system in the same way as other places, so we spend most of the book with the crew helping to evacuate a planet. This allows for some particularly strong character m
Michael T Bradley
Meh. A little bit more on Shar's background. What's seemingly a fun idea to take on the Gateways (they start throwing people everywhere & causing chaos, and it's a little like Marvel's Acts of Vengeance in that one show's bad guys are leashed on another show's good guys) becomes a boring plod when Kira and Tar'an'tar (sp?) take on the Hirogen. Great idea, but the Hirogen are dull as paint.

Mostly just ... kind of a big yawn. I'm not sure why the Star Trek crossover ideas always SOUND fun, then ju
Shelby Lynne
REALLY glad I'm reading the omnibus (Twist of Faith) which has an introduction that told me (view spoiler), because if I hadn't known ahead of time I'd have thrown the book across the room and quit. ...more
Jeremy
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another terrific piece to the post-DS9 series with some terrific humor
Alvaro Zinos-Amaro
Review forthcoming
Alex
This is one of the deeper satisfying ones.
Christina Farr-Thompson
Not the best book, but pretty good.
Breeanna
The writing left something to be desired, and the story was extremely slow to get started, but once it picked up, it made for a fairly enjoyable read. I suspect most of the problems/unresolved threads in the plot are resolved to at least some degree in the other books, but this one was clear enough about what was going on. The parts with the Hirogen seemed kind of unnecessary (and would have been a terrible slog were I not familiar with Voyager). I really enjoyed the addition of Treir, and I hop ...more
Polus
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CAREFUL, I GIVE SOMEMILD HINTS TO THE STORY IN THIS REVIEW

This is more of a 3.5 book for me.

I generally enjoyed the first half of it. But as soon the time shift started I thought that should have been two boks on there own.

The characters are still as great as they have been for the firts three novels in the series and I did enjoy to see some of the relationships and especially friednships develop some more. ( Nog and Shar as well as Quark and Ro Laren)

The plot as I stated was really good for he
Erica
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading a DS9 book due to it being a part of the Gateways series. I like DS9 and had been planning to read the relaunch books later on (when I finish with all the Voyager ones), and this book just made me want to do that even more. I feel that the author is being true to the characters and I like the new characters as well, so this is great.

And the Gateways story continues to keep me interested. I just love the whole concept and look forward to reading the rest of the book
Keith
Jul 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent entry in the "Gateways" line of books and a very good entry in the Deep Space Nine relaunch series. As with all the Gateways books, this one annoyingly ends on a cliffhanger to be continued in the final book. The novel does pick up where The Next Generation's book finished, only without the resolution to the before-mentioned cliffhanger. The makers of the gateways are "unmasked" the numbers of chaotic events happening is increasing with in numbers and severity. In this case, ...more
Nicholas
Average Star Trek novel has as its primary interest the building up of the new post-television DS9 cast. The first half is concerned with the relatively smooth evacuation of a planet which reads like a procedural with some character moments, but nothing very exciting. The plot points involving the gates and the Iconians are all baggage from the Gateways miniseries and it doesn't feel very organic to DS9. Several characters log in some parental conflicts in the story, but most interesting is Ezri ...more
Dan
Jan 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ds9, star-trek
A nice, solid entry in the Gateways series, but I definitely appreciate this novel more for its continuation of the story of Deep Space Nine than for the Petraw story. Seeing the DS9 characters come together to save the Europa Nova colony is a great story, and let us be honest, seeing a Jem'Hadar face off against a Hirogen is pretty darn cool. Great writing that kept me engrossed through the ending (which, of course, is a cliffhanger to be resolved in What Lay Beyond).

Full review: http://trekli
Joe Hempel
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book and the story Horn and Ivory comprised the final books in the "Twist of Faith" Omnibus.

They were also part of the "Gateways" books, that had one book from each series.

Not really much to say about it except it was fantastic. Just the way characters are fleshed out and taken in different directions really made the book hold up for me.

Especially Lauren Ro and Shar. You just have to read to find out about Lauren Ro, I was not expecting what I read!
Angela
The Gateways are causing pollution to kill the planet Europa Nova, and DS9 has to organise the evacuation. Quark is asked to negotiate on the Orion Syndicates behalf for the use of the Gateways. This is a fun book with some great character moments, particularly Quark and Kira. There is quite a bit of politics in this book, as people have to be persuaded to help the planet. It ends on a cliffhanger. A good read.
Bill
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
It was...okay. I never like things that end on a cliffhanger, without giving us something in return. I wasn't interested in the Gateways concept, but picked this up because it's part of the DS9 relaunch.
Michael
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent entry in the ongoing DS9 season 8 narrative. New characters are introduced, old characters have their plotlines advanced, and we the readers get to bear witness to a fight between a Hirogen and a Jem-Hadar!
M
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tammy
Annoyingly, the endings of all the books in the series are in 'What Lay Beyond'.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, sci-fi
I give this one an automatic bump over the others because it was in the DS9 Relaunch, which hasn't disappointed yet.
Julio
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good cliff hanger. Decent read, could've been better.
Kiri
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Deep Space Nine novel set directly between Section 31 Abyss and Gateways 7 which continues to Twilight (DS9 Mission Gamma, Book 1) in a straight arc.

This was well doe and engaging. =)

• Avatar Book Two of Two (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
  • Twilight (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #1)
  • Avatar: Book One of Two (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • This Gray Spirit (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 2)
  • What Lay Beyond (Star Trek: Gateways, #7)
  • Doors Into Chaos (Star Trek: Gateways, #3)
  • Lesser Evil (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 4)
  • Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3)
  • No Man's Land (Star Trek: Voyager: Gateways, #5)
  • Cold Wars (Star Trek New Frontier: Gateways, #6)
  • Cardassia and Andor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #1)
  • Gods of Night (Star Trek: Destiny #1)
  • One Small Step (Star Trek: Gateways, #1)
  • Chainmail (Star Trek: Challenger: Gateways, #2)
  • Zero Sum Game (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #1)
  • Children of the Storm (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Lost Souls (Star Trek: Destiny, #3)
  • Mere Mortals (Star Trek: Destiny #2)

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Emissary
  • The Siege (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #2)
  • Bloodletter
  • The Big Game (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #4)
  • Fallen Heroes (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #5)
  • Betrayal (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #6)
  • Warchild (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #7)
  • Antimatter (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #8)
  • Proud Helios (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #9)
  • Valhalla (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #10)

News & Interviews

“Garak had said it all in the most pleasant tone imaginable. He never lost his genial smile or his affable demeanor. It was the most terrifying thing Quark had ever experienced.” 0 likes