Start by marking “Metaphysical Gravity” as Want to Read:
Metaphysical Gravity

Metaphysical Gravity

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  20 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"Love is metaphysical gravity." R. Buckminster Fuller

A force beyond reason and the laws of nature, love draws us together in many ways. In these four short stories, four authors explore the essence of love, from practical to magical.

"In Her Hands," by Angela Amman, explores the moment in which a woman weighs the choice between expectations and the lasting passion she crave
Published February 13th 2013 by Bannerwing Books

To ask other readers questions about Metaphysical Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metaphysical Gravity

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Metaphysical Gravity
Roxanne
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Four intense stories revolving around love of different types. The 4th story really stood out the most for me. Four terrific authors. The stories are short, so it's a quick read. But each one left me wishing for more.
Andra Watkins
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Metaphysical Gravity is a shimmering jewel of a book. I slurped up every story in an evening and felt sad when it was done.

Angela Amman's grandmother is half the grand ladies I've met in The South. I could picture every pearl in her strands and within her heart. And, it was refreshing to see a woman make the right call.

Mandy Dawson's librarian was delicious. It was a joyride through the bumbles and blunders of attraction and highlighted so much of what makes it a mysterious thing.

Cameron D. Ga
John Dolan
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love, Magic and Surrealism ...

Most short story collections by different authors are something of a curate’s egg, but there is nothing in this collection of love/romance tales that I did not enjoy.

Highest marks go to Cameron Garriepy’s “Valentine” which had great touches of magic and mortality, and to Kameko Murakami’s longer piece, the wonderfully surreal “Elephants in the Atmosphere”.

I suggest that you might like to pick up a copy and curl up on the sofa with your loved one. Or with somebody el
Michael Carnell
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-by-friends
An easy read of short stories. All are very different but equally delightful. Of course there has to be a favorite, and mine is the spiritual tale set in New Orleans by Cameron D. Garriepy. ...more
Marian
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
wonderful collection by four strong authors! some magic, some sultry, some sighful, even some edgy. i like the magic and edgy best. read this!
Eden Baylee
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
*FOUR STRONG FEMALE STORYTELLERS*

I am a lover of short stories and knew I’d be in for a treat with four strong female storytellers.

Though each tale was well-written and sensual, I enjoyed Cameron D. Garriepy's “Valentine” the most. Having read some of her books, I knew she had a strong sense of story and I loved the setting in New Orleans.

Stories of love, surrealistic encounters, and a bit of magical romance tempted me to get this collection. Do yourself a favor and be tempted as well.
Bethany Cousins
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Metaphysical Gravity is a collection of interesting short stories. The writing is good and the stories are impressive. I definitely enjoyed them.
Victoria Kirichok-Pratt
Kellie Harrington
Carl
rated it it was ok
Mandy Dawson
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Victoria
Mar 02, 2016
Amy
May 31, 2013
Cameron Garriepy
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-titles, indies
Apr 05, 2013
Teresa Garcia
May 01, 2013
Kameko Murakami
May 04, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kimatha Vasquez
May 04, 2013
Angela Amman is a freelance writer and content editor. You can find her personal essays and short stories in her collections, Garden Boulevard and Nothing Goes Away, and various anthologies. Angela’s writing has been featured at The Peacock Journal. She juggles freelance writing and editing with managing a preschool office — and sometimes wonders if there's much of a difference. She is also a mana ...more

News & Interviews