Start by marking “The Challenge” as Want to Read:
The Challenge

The Challenge

At Swan Valley High School in the suburbs of L.A., Kristina Williams is a newly single junior with a dark past. With her best friend, Lena, she must navigate the stormy waters of high school drama in order to find happiness amongst vicious ex-boyfriends, pestilent rumors, and, of course, school work.

Henry is the new kid at school. Fresh off the plane from England with a
Published February 12th 2013 by Aubrey Bailey Publishing (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Challenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Challenge

Start your review of The Challenge
Tabitha R
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I just don't even know where to start on this... It felt like I was reading a completely different part of the book from the first half to the last half.

Kristina is an out going young lady in her junior year of high school. Having lost her parents at a few years back she found herself and sits living with her uncle. She surrounds herself with a lively loyal group of friends who have her back no matter what.

Henry just recently moved to the states with his family. At the same time his girlfriend,
Trisha
Mar 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Okay, so I love this cover. it's edgy and sexy and....I loved it

the story. Ugh, it just kills me that I didn't love the story.
so the first 18 chapters felt more like a rough outline. It was jarring to be with Kris for 18 chapters and then suddenly, on and off - to have Henry's POV.

I would have loved to have had Henry's POV the whole time. on and off, switching chapters. I wouldn't want the same scenes from each perspective, but they spent quite a bit of time apart, and I think it would have
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-na
Ok... Ummm....
Shit I don't know where to start.
I didn't like it..
I felt like I was reading 3 different authors in one book...
For the first 40% of the book these bunch if 18 yr olds seemed like they were 12...and things like then a week later this happened, the following month that happened all over the shop type stuff...

Then 40-60% we get a POV swap to Henry, some sweet scenes, some scenes that are just WTF? and a very detailed sex scene

Then 60%+ WHOA?! WTF?! It just has no lead up to
Feb 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
"He and mark were the only black guys in our group, but Mark was practically white at heart"

I cant. What the hell does that even mean?

"Lukas said they were from overseas but they were white and didn't look too different from the average American"

Aaaand that's when I was done. This was all in the first chapter so I have no idea what other racist ignorant crap is to be found.
Melisa
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was just all over the place. Left me feeling confused in some parts and annoyed in others. Idk. Overall I guess it wasn't BAD but I just don't know.

Lol totally weird review. I know. Sorry. Lol
Selina
Jul 17, 2013 rated it liked it
The story was alright, but I didn't really liked it in the beginning. I thought it was offensive when I read this:

- He and Mark were the only black guys in our group, but Mark was practically white at heart.

- Lukas said they were from overseas but they were white and didn't look too different from the average American.

I'm not black (but I am Asian), but it was racist in my opinion. So I obviously was offended by those sentences. But when I stopped bothering about it and just kept reading, I
Lupe
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this book but was disappointed with the end. The reason being that it skippy quite far ahead. Like ....a week later this happened and then a month later this happened and then the year later happy ever after
Lauren-Sophie
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
did a 12 year old girl wrote this book? seriously it sounded like the dairy of 12 year old girl. And all the characters were so confusing.
Rachel
A mess.
Ornella (Nyx)
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

Entertaining enough, but the writing felt stilted at times and some the reactions were pretty unbelievable.
Char ღ Denae
The Challenge was an entertaining read but I felt that it could use a little polishing. I loved the characters and the idea behind the challenge plot, I just felt that the story's balance was a little off. There were a couple places where the plot changed suddenly or seemed to be an after-thought. If these transitions were smoothed out some, they would blend a bit better. There was also a little too much clothing and make up information in the beginning few chapters. In my opinion, telling the ...more
Paula  Phillips
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it

It's another new year at school and Kris is now the single girl in her group after breaking up with her boyfriend David. She is harboring a dark secret though about the reason behind her break-up and this on top of losing her parents and living with her uncle Ethan. Enter Henry and Lauren, they have moved from the UK to America. Kris and her ex-boyfriend David have been chosen from the principal to show the new students around. Due to class schedules, David goes with Lauren and Henry with Kris.
Alina Man
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-books
2.5 stars. I am so confused about this story. It was as if different people wrote down lines then added them together to make a book. The story starts ok and you're thinking that it's the typical hs love story. Nice girl meets nice guy and you get the HEA. Then just as you start getting the idea of the story it starts taking a different turn and you're left to wonder if maybe you skipped pages or missed lines. There are bad words thrown in at unexpected times and it really doesn't add to the ...more
Abby
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
The book i read just before this, was a book about 2 people pretending to be in a relationship, which is exactly like this one. this book was funny and sexy and everything! i loved Henry! he was so cute, and so English! i loved how he had an accent and how happy he was!

This might be one of the most hottest and amazing covers i have seen! both of them are hot and it is just amazing! once you look there, you have a clear vision of what they look like in the book. the author detailed exactly what
Taliea
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I feel the book was a bit rushed in its writing; I wish it was a little longer, as all the action seemed to happen toward the end. I liked it, but would have given it more stars had there been a little more to it, in the middle of the story, as well as the conclusion.
Emma
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I really liked the characters but felt at times the book jumped around and also certain bits went really fast. There were times where the English cliche was a bit much but the rough story I enjoyed for a freebie.
GTR33GURL
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the friendships in this book I loved Henry he was very sweet I'd recommend for an older teens there is some hard situations very heartbreaking about rape and drugs not a whole lot but its there and of course I love a HEA
Linda P
Jun 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
4*(5)
Amy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: slow
Short and sweet and somewhat shallow. Fun to hear his brittish accent in your head when your reading. Worth reading once if your into this sort of book (high school romance/drama).
Emma
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Two hook up to make their ex's (is that how you pluralize that??) jealous, fall in love in the process. Not the best use of reading time.
Jamie
Feb 15, 2013 marked it as to-read-i-own
Currently free on Amazon.
Akchara.sriram