Start by marking “Deluge (River of Time, #4)” as Want to Read:
Deluge (River of Time, #4)

Deluge

(River of Time #4)

The Bettarinis and Forellis have found rich fulfillment together in medieval Italia. But after fighting off countless enemies, they now must face the worst foe of all. As the Black Death closes in upon them, threatening everything and everyone they hold dear, Lia and Gabiand the knights they lovemust dig deep within to decide how they might remain safeand if they need to ...more
Published August 21st 2014 by Bergren Creative Group, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Deluge, please sign up.
Ashley Nikole I have a book banter video, FILLED with spoilers, if that is your jam...some very important characters don't last the series- hold onto your hats! …moreI have a book banter video, FILLED with spoilers, if that is your jam...some very important characters don't last the series- hold onto your hats! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSocR...(less)

Start your review of Deluge (River of Time, #4)
Rachelle Cobb
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You want to know what I feared? I feared the finale would sag. That it would be short--or stretch too long. That it would be sappy and too easy--or that it would depress me.

After all, this is the Black Plague we're talking about here. And characters I've loved and followed not just for 5 previous books but for the multiple (*multiple*) times I've reread those 5 previous books.

This final installment in the River of Time series does none of that. The length is mammoth and just right, yet I read it
Holly Smith
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Tawn Bergren

This series has honestly saved my life. I found it while I was very depressed and I just completely immersed myself in to the world that Lisa Bergren has created. It was perfect for me; you see, I have always felt like I was meant to be born in that time period, and I always wish and dream of being able to go back in time and do the very thing that Gabi and Lia did. I absolutely love the idea of time travel and wish it could happen to me! (Not to mention meeting my own
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
*Update 8/22: This has been released TODAY. Now available on Amazon (I didn't check other sites). I love this series, can't wait to see how everything wraps up!

Lauren Wiseman
Actual Rating: 4.5

Spoilers in Review

I mean it with all my heart when I say this is the best installment of the series. I recently reread them all, finding little faults to mar the way, but this one was the most solid, visceral, and passionate installment. The emotions were raw, and I could connect with them.

One of the major problems that is actually a laughable problem is the fact the girls are so concerned with preserving history and not messing with the course of time, so what do they do? They
Veronique
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
"At last the SHE-wolves were home".
Quote by me

These books are not well-known in the YA-historical section which is quite a shame because they are full of life lessons, love, joy and sadness.

Be ready for the last book in this series, because the Plague is ready to make her entrance in the lives of Lia and Gabi and she will not go by without a fuss. This book is going to be darker than all the others combined but also brings a lot of beautiful and joyful moments in the lives of the She-wolves.

Cat Mittens
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Holy sh**.

CAN WE JUST WITH LORD BARBATO AND LORD FORABOSCHI. BUT MORE SPECIFICALLY LORD BARBATO BECAUSE HONESTLY, HOW DOES HE NEVER DIE? OH MY FREAKING GOD HE IS EVERYWHERE.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seriously! I just KEPT waiting for Lia or Gabi or Marcello or Luca or someone to just take a freaking arrow, sword, dagger, stake, garlic, chair (WHO CARES) and just kill him. I mean HONESTLY. HOW DOES HE KEEP SURVIVING???????

THE PAIN... THE PAIN...

I always find that with YA novels there is always a set of mediocre events that lead up to the
Chantel
 photo photostudio_1480419840284.jpg

(Presses play)

"How do I say goodbye...to what we had?

The good times that made us laugh, outweighed the bad.

I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever has blown away.

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday."

Thank you Boyz II Men! This was the only song that I could think of after this book ended.

Okay, okay... I may be a little overly dramatic, but I feel like it's necessary because... I did not want this book to end!!!

Deluge was nothing less than epic. If you read the previous books or are
Rachel
After reading the author's warning that there were going to be some deaths in this last book of the series I was hesitant to read it but I finally bit the bullet. I'm so glad I did!! I have LOVED this series and this book was just as good as the others.

Gabi, Lia, the knights they love (the Forellis), and their parents (the Bettarinis) have settled into a good life in medieval Italia after fighting off countless enemies. Gabi is about to have a baby and Lia and Luca are madly in love. But Lia is
Sandy
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Team Lord Greco!
Zoë
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books, teens
Aerykah
I debated between giving this book 3 stars or 4. Finally, I settled on 3 1/2, though I can see that I'm in the minority (at least among my friends) on this one.

The story was good and it was nice to re-visit these characters in medieval Italy who I had grown to love over the course of the past 5 books. However, there was too much sensuality in this book-- especially considering the many many young girls who are/will be reading it. Because of that, I decided within the first few chapters that I
Ky
May 26, 2013 marked it as maybe-read
I thought the series was done!

Then, I haven't read the novellas yet. Time an all that.

But...while I loved the first three books I'm afraid that this one might not be worth picking up. Not because it won't be brilliant, but because sometimes continuing a series can be pretty iffy. If it is promised to be the last though...

Who am I kidding? I won't be able to resist reading this!
TinaB
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I believe my eyes will be swollen for a week. But my heart is happy that I finally finished the epic journey of Gabi and Lia, two sisters who found their future in the past and finally learned to live in the present.
Jenn
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This ending of the series gutted me in a way I didn't expect. tears tears tears. Now I don't know if I should throw things.
Sierra Faith
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This book made me laugh, squeal, and cry! Oh, boy did I bawl toward the end! I had a little trouble getting into the beginning of it, but it didn't take me long at all! I love Lisa's writing! I feel like I am connected to the characters. This is the fifth book in the River of Time series. They need to be read in order! This is suppose to be a book for teens, but I wouldn't recommend to teens under 14-15 years. One thing I disliked about the book is she started switching the POV between Lia, and ...more
Christine
Apr 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I've been waiting for it since forever!!
Shirleon Benson
Oh my goodness! This was a finale to beat all finales!! Oh how I wish there to be more! Maybe little novella's here and there from the children or descendants? I don't know, but having just finished it less then a minute before I am writing this, I am already missing the She-Wolves.
Bergren has certainly surprised me with the last two installments in the River of Time series. Most authors falter when they continue a series for the fans and their novels fall flat and seem too forced. But this? Oh
(Liene)
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aaaaah. What an ending!! I loved this series, even if it was very noticeably written for teens! During the whole series I kept thinking how epic a TV show it would make. And I still think this now, having finished all of it. I got very attached to the characters and this book is one of the rare few that actually had me crying. Not dry tears, real tears, and not just a few!

My only problem is that it's marketed as Christian fiction, when it really should all be simply clean teen fiction. There is
Haley S
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
REALLY REALLY LOVE this book!!!
It wasn't as sad as I expected. I expected more people to die from the plague. But it was VERY good!!!!
This series is DEFINITELY A FAVORITE!!!!! Seriously, one of my top books/series!!!!!
Okay, I was SOOOOOO excited when (view spoiler)
Amber
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A truly great ending to a wonderful series. Action, adventure, chaos, love, hope, despair, heartbreak, and joy...you couldn't ask for more. My ONLY complaint is that I didn't like the epilogue. I would have MUCH preferred a peek from one of the main characters POV, NOT their kids. I thought that last scene was pretty much a waste. I wanted to know more about the characters we have grown to love and cherish, not their offspring that we barely had a glimpse of (or not at all) from the ending of ...more
Rachel :)
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hey
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hi
let me read the stupid book or i will go and literally ask the reader store to make a special delivery and you will suffer bad reviews oh boo hoo for you now suck it up princess !!!
Rachel McMillan
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I waited a long time to read this one. Basically, Bergren is a genius and my goodness I cannot imagine the amount of research that went into this book.
Megan
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved it and hated it... so much emotion.... ;-;

Thus ends the River of Time.
Tina
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I let this book linger because I absolutely adored this series. I found these books on a goodreads adventure and I am so wonderfully happy that I did. I will keep these books close to my heart always.

I love the realism in these novels. These girls, Gabi and Lia have real authentic emotions. This is not a cut and dry perfect ending love story. Everyone suffers, real, hard decisions are made. Life is forever different.

I enjoyed my adventure with these women, the men they love and their families.
Cary Morton
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This review was originally posted to Author Unpublished: http://authorunpublished.wordpress.com

Its hard to qualify my feelings about Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren. Like its predecessors, the narrative was clean, easy to follow, and well written. There werent any noticeable editing problems, and the characters stayed true to previous characterizations. Also, just as with the previous novels in the series, the plot was filled with tension-filled battles, romantic moments, and tragedy.

The first half of
Rebekah Gyger
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
First things first- FINALLY! I have been waiting for this for so long. Now to the review:

The River of Time series is one that I have loved since I first picked it up. When Deluge came on kindle, I immediately bought it. And then my sister stole my kindle and I had to wait to get it back. Read her review here.

The beginning of Deluge was a bit... fluffy for my tastes. There was romance and heartache, but little of the she-wolves I had come to love. Though I liked that there was some explanation
Melanie
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ZL00QM...
Review on my blog: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Deluge had been one of my most anticipated reads for a long time (since I heard about it, really). I could not wait for this next (and hopefully not last) installment in the River of Time series. I was nervous starting it because of the warning Lisa gives us in the description...really nervous.

Still, I dived into the story and I'm so glad I did! Yes, there's a lot of death and
Anna
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the beginning of Gabriella and Evangelia Bettarini's adventure(s) I knew that this series were nothing like what I've read before. Little did I know that it would become my top favorite book series of all time.

The many characters, whom I loved from the start, so much so that I am tearing up trying to describe all their brilliant personalities. Such eloquent detail and lively emotion.
Lisa Bergren has an extraordinary skill in transporting you along with her characters. Everything is so
Anna
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites, i-own
Oh my goodness do I love this series. Deluge was an incredible ending to this series. The first half of it made me so happy and hopefull.

spoiler!!!!!

Lia and Luca finally got married!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! SO FREAKING HAPPY and Gabi and Marcello had their beautiful son! Ahh makes me so happy!

End spoiler!

But the second of half of the book had me questioning if anyone was going to make it out alive. I knew that it would be rough with the plaugue but I never anticipated how awful it was going to be. I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
A Million More Pages: 5 - Deluge (River of Time): May 8 36 24 May 22, 2015 02:03PM

• The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1)
  • The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim, #4)
  • The Fairest Beauty (Hagenheim, #3)
  • The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • The Princess Spy (Hagenheim, #5)
  • The Beautiful Pretender (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #2)
  • The Golden Braid (Hagenheim, #6)
  • The Piper's Pursuit (Hagenheim, #10)
  • Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #1)
  • The Storm Siren Trilogy: Storm Siren, Siren's Fury, Siren's Song
  • First Wave (Northwest Counter-Terrorism Taskforce #1)
  • The Runaway (Legacy of Love #2)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • Short-Straw Bride (Archer Brothers, #1)
  • A New Keeper (The Secret Library, #1)
  • Undaunted Hope (Beacons of Hope, #3)
  • Kingdom's Dawn (Kingdom, #1)
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 50 books, with more than 3 million copies sold. She is in the middle of writing The Sugar Baron's Daughters Series (KETURAH, VERITY and SELAH), and recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT,

River of Time (4 books)
  • Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
  • Cascade (River of Time, #2)
  • Torrent (River of Time, #3)

News & Interviews

“Rodolfo lifted Alessandra's hand to his lips and kissed it. 'I have loved you, Alessandra. Do not forget that. Thank you...thank you for loving me.' She wept, curling her head in toward his good shoulder. 'Do not leave me, Rodolfo. Do not leave us. Chiara...and the baby...” 3 likes