Start by marking “Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort, #1)

Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  189 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
In this warm and witty new series, author Sarah Title introduces readers to the down home Kentucky hospitality of the Carson family and their Wild Rose Farm and Stables. It's a place where love is always possible--and sweeter than ever the second time around. . .
Mallory Thompson and Keith Carson are far from impressed with each other when she arrives at his family's horse
Published April 18th 2013 by Kensington Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Kentucky Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kentucky Home

Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mallory Thompson is escaping an abusive marriage and her good friend Luke Carson has the perfect plan. He is brought her home as his fake fiancé, but right after he drops her off he leaves. This left Mallory, city girl, on a horse farm with unfamiliar people and an uncomfortable lie to sustain.

Keith Carson had the love of his life and she was killed in a car accident. He hasn’t given another woman the time of day until Mallory drops into his life. Unfortunately, she is his brother’s fiancé. Draw
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
When I received this review request I first noticed Sarah Title is a debut author, which I am always eager to try and then the horses on the cover drew me in. Giddy up.

This one very pleasantly surprised me. When it first starts we meet Luke, who is the hero’s brother. Luke left his family’s Kentucky horse farm to move to DC and explore other adventures. He met Mallory at a business function and they became fast friends. Luke is somewhat of a manwhore, but him and Mal never take their relationshi
Jane Stewart
3 stars. Enjoyable story if you don’t mind some unfilled plot holes.

I liked the plot - Mal was not able to stand up against her controlling and verbally abusive husband until recently. Luke is a friend. With his help she left her husband to stay with Luke’s family on a horse ranch for a while. Luke tells his family they are engaged. Then Luke leaves for a few weeks. While he is gone, Mal and Keith fall for each other.

I enjoyed the story but there were holes. I wanted to see Mal stand up to her
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mallory Thompson appears to have it all -- a loving husband and a beautiful home . . . but appearances can be deceiving. Mallory has been on the receiving end of emotional, psychological and verbal abuse from her husband, Dr. Michael Thompson. He has told her what to wear, sabotaged any possibility of her having a job, and made her daily life a living hell. Even after their "separation" he continued to demean her by bringing women into their home and expecting her to continue to provide for him ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life

(I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review).

After years of abuse, Mallory Thompson turns to new friend and bartender, Lucas Carson. The one place Mallory's husband cannot find her and a place that may heal her heart and soul is Wild Rose Farm & Stable. Lucas himself has runaway from the sleepy town but his brother and sister, along with their father and longtime housekeeper/cook, have continued to make it their home.

Keith lost his wife and child years ago a
Alex Nicolajsen
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best small-town romances I've read in a while.
Hannah G.
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Glenda Bettin
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time for me with this author and what a delightful book. So looking forward to more of this series
Lena Harper
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
What a nice change, a romantic heroine who isn't a total biyatch.
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
It is wonderful to have good friends to turn to when you need them, too bad they are sometimes a little unpredictable. Mallory Thompson is a good friend of Luke Carson and when she needs help, he was the one person she can turn to. She is married to Michael, a doctor who is not only controlling but also emotionally and recently physically abusive and she is ready to get out.

Luke lives in DC and works as a bartender and although he is a good friend he is never satisfied to stay in one place and w
Andrea Guy
I wanted to like Kentucky Home so much more than I actually did. I found it difficult to connect with Mallory, in fact, at the beginning of the story, I wasn't sure who she was or what part she was going to play in the story.

I really thought Luke was going to be more of character here, since the prologue is told from his point of view, so when it changes to Mal's and Keith's, I have to say I was a little confused.

The Carson family is really dysfunctional, but in an almost good/lovable way. It wa
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
By: Sarah Title
Published By: Kensington Books
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Book Blog For: GMTA

"Kentucky Home" by Sarah Title was a sweet contemporary romance about 'second chances.' With Mallory Thompson leaving a abusive marriage and escaping with her friend Luke Carson to his home as a 'fake fiancé.' Then Luke goes off leaving her this 'city girl' with people she did not know. Luke's brother Keith did take notice of her but she was his brother fiancé. Keith has
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Loved this book. The story of a woman, Mal, who is married to a doctor who belittles her and runs around on her is a classic. She turns to Luke Carson, a friend she has met while he bartends at most of the charitable functions. Luke takes her home to Hollow Bend, KY to stay with his family and tells everyone she is his fiancee. However, she falls in love with his older brother, Keith. The story of how they get together is fraught with conflict and yet love conquers all. Great book with such beli ...more
Virginia Markhart
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it
It was fine. Nothing to write home about but a gentle book.

Mallory left an abusive husband and went to Kentucky with Luke, her pre tent fiancé. Luke left Mallory in Kentucky with his family while he returned to New York. Malory falls for Luke's brother Keith who is recovering from the loss of his wife who died in a car accident.

There are some funny parts of the book. It is slightly chopping, does not flow well. All in all, a comfortable book.
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it

This was a nice small town contemporary romance. It felt a bit chlichéd at times with the awesome cooking housekeeper who cared for everyone and the grumpy old dad. The hero's two siblings have their issues, too, and you can already see the sequels lining up but it was still an emotional read with an adorable hero.

(A review copy was provided by the publisher through NetGalley.)
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. An impressive debut novel by newcomer Sarah Title, Kentucky Home is an absolutely delightful romance that is full of charming characters. This well-written novel is a wonderful story about starting over and finding love when it is least expected. Please click HERE to read my review in its entirety.
Bette Hansen
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really wonderful story about Mallory who was leaving an abusive marriage and Keith a young widower who hasn't been able to move on. These very different people both learn how to love again. Recommended.
L. Denise McGinley
Very real

Reading this I could almost picture the place and the people. I wasn't happy that it just ended in the wedding so I hope there is a companion book to continue Mal and Keith's life.
Willadale Meeks-Smid
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-like
This is the first book I have read by this author and while the story line was interesting, I found that the author put an excessive number of sex scenes in it. I will read the next book in this series, but if it continues in the same vein I will not read any more of her books.
Susannah Carleton
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Well drawn setting of a small town in Kentucky' bluegrass region and a small family-run horse farm outside the town. The main and secondary characters were all a little over-the-top in one respect (each in a different way) for my taste, but the story moved along and kept me reading until the end.
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good book.
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
The plot had a few holes in it and I couldn't like Luke. It was a light easy read that feels good.
Lisa Hall
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Fluff, but fun and set in ky
Tina Jenkins
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This is the first book I read by Sarah. I truly loved this book. I would definitely suggest you read this book.
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
City girl meets country boy in this charming contemporary romance.
Elizabeth Ayala
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a great read. it was funny,heart warming.
Dec 26, 2017
Kim Williams
Oct 03, 2016
Aug 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Spring Shadows (Seasons of Love, #3)
  • Tempting a Devil (The Saint’s Devils, #2)
  • The Night Before Christmas (Butternut Lake, #2.5)
  • The Governess Club: Louisa (The Governess Club, #4)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • Last Chance Family (Last Chance, #8)
  • Winter's Camp (Ransom Canyon, #0.5)
  • Island Refuge (Wildflower B&B Romance #1)
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • Once Tempted (Silver Creek, #1)
  • Christmas at the Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, #1)
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men, #2.5)
Sarah Title has worked as a barista, a secretary, a furniture painter, and once managed a team of giant walking beans. She currently leads a much more normal life as a librarian in West Virginia. Kentucky Home is her first novel.
More about Sarah Title...

Southern Comfort (5 books)
  • Home Sweet Home (Southern Comfort, #2)
  • Snowed In (Southern Comfort, #3)
  • Two Family Home (Southern Comfort, #4)
  • Practice Makes Perfect (Southern Comfort #5)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Garden of Lies (Garden of Lies, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)