Start by marking “Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)” as Want to Read:
Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)

Darker Days (The Darker Agency #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  651 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
A little sin can be deadly...

Jessie Darker goes to high school during the day, but at night she helps with the family investigation business. Cheating husbands and stolen inheritances? They're your girls—but their specialty is a bit darker. Zombie in your garage? Pesky Poltergeist living in your pool? They'll have the problem solved in a magical minute. For a nominal fee,
332 pages
Published August 19th 2013 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Darker Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darker Days

Khanh (the meanie)
“Holy house of hogs getting blasted by the blue birdie brigade...”
What the actual fuck?

This was just a terrible book. The background and information given regarding a crucial part of the plot was very poorly explained, and ended up confusing me more than anything. The plot was straightforward enough, but my enjoyment of it was bogged down by poorly written characters, of every imaginable trope in the book. It was peppered with insta-love, slut-shaming, and girl-hating...which is even more atro
Jenny
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Darker Days is a laugh-out-loud, thrilling start to a new series, gifting us with a protagonist whose sarcasm charms and whose acknowledgement of her own flaws has us falling more and more in love with her with each page. In addition to a standout young heroine, we are also treated to a well-executed mystery and romance, ensuring any of our small nitpicks along the way are vastly outnumbered by marks in the story’s favor. Though this is the first installment in a series, we get a complete plot a ...more
Mitch
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Maybe it's just me but it seems the YA paranormal genre has run out of new stories to tell?
Oda Renate
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When this was released two years ago it was marketed as the supernatural Veronica Mars.
After finishing it, I will happily agree to that comparing.
The fun parent-kid realationship is there, between the mom and daughter here just as great banter.
The private eye element is strong, there is both small cases and a long main case.
Jessie Darker, the main,character- she defently has a slight veronica feel to her, at the same time as she is very much her own character.
The villains- so creepy, fun and un
Heidi
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Four Stars: An exciting and funny beginning to a new paranormal series.

Jessie so hates having to do penance. It wasn't her fault that her classmates paid her to take some incriminating pictures of the school principal with his much younger girlfriend. Was it her fault he was cheating? Nevertheless, her mother was furious. Jessie's punishment involves dealing with a zombie. Ugh. She hates zombies. After a dunk in the pool and narrowly missing being a zombie chew, Jessie heads home soaking wet. So
Emily Anne
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
Darker Days by Jus Accardo was such an amazing book! After reading the synopsis, I knew the story would be right up my alley, yet the tale and, in particular, the characters, were more intriguing and laugh-inducing than I had previously hoped. The Darker Agency and family will certainly give the reader a grand adventure. Also, isn't the title clever?

Jessie Darker was, in my opinion, a great, and awesomely sarcastic, narrator. I know some would find her many snarky/silly comments annoying, but on
Louisa
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this was such a great book, really entertaining and interesting, and now to read more!
Tatiana
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Достаточно увлекательная, веселая и динамичная книжечка. Чересчур наивная на мой взгляд , не в плохом смысле слова. Демоны, конец света, любовь- морковь :)
Pavan
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Thanks so much to Entangled Teen for the review copy!*

Jus Accardo has blown me away once again; apparently she can do no wrong for me when it comes to her books!! I devoured this book in one setting and my only regret was that the next book wouldn’t be in my hands for a while!

Let me start off by saying how much I LOVE the cover. The girl looks confident and the two sides of her world are accurately portrayed through the colours. The smoke and wispy face in the background just add to the overall
Danny
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read Review at Bewitched Bookworms

Jus Accardo is one of my favorite authors as she always creates outstanding and very unique characters. Her “Toxic” series managed to completely blow me away, so I was eager to read about her new series featuring a girl who runs a “demon” agency with her mom! Bring it on!

Snarky – Quirky – and full of kick ass awesomeness!
Just as I had hoped, Jus Accardo created a wonderful and amazing heroine I loved to follow on her adventures. Jessi was so full of snark, I w
Talina | Sassy & Dangerous
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. Also reviewed on my blog! http://sassyanddangerous.blogspot.mx/

My Thoughts on the Writing:

I had started reading this in the month of August, but, it hadn't grabbed my attention as I had hoped.

At first, it was interesting and some of it made me giggle a few times. But then as I started to get deeper into the book, I had to put it down for some time. The way the author created her characters, it made me cringe.

The plot was evenly-paced and I enjoyed that, but it was the
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

The best moments of DARKER DAYS, the first book in Jus Accardo’s The Darker Agency, are like an early episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with snappy one-liners, balancing supernatural smackdowns with homework, and impossible romance. The weaker moments, however, are a little more prevalent and reveal Jessie’s grating immaturity and the worst case of insta-love I’ve read all year.

Mom and daughter supernatural P.I. business? Sounds like a mix between Buf
Natalia
For some inexplicable reason I kept putting off writing this review for quite some time, and now I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, so I'm going to make it quick and dirty.

I decided to read this book, because it was freshly released, had an interesting premise, a surprisingly high rating and promised humor, action and romance. Well, it failed to impress me on all accounts.

The start was rather funny and energetic, and the overall tone of the narrative and our protagonist, Jessie, reminded me a lot
A Canadian Girl
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: entangled
Darker Days by Jus Accardo was a light, entertaining read featuring a feisty heroine and a great mother-daughter relationship. I do think however that I was in just the right mood for this novel as I wasn’t as bothered by certain things that typically annoy me (e.g. insta-love).

The main character, Jessie, was someone I liked. Although her choice of curse words was a bit strange, she was relatable for the most part. I also found her to be snarky, loyal and very determined.

Another thing that I lik
Alisa (The Reading Obsession)
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: great
Find this review and more at http://www.thereadingobsession.blogsp...

Darker Days wasn't exactly wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be creepier and not as predictable. However, it's still very good.

Jessie's voice sounds like a typical teenager. It doesn't seem like Just Accardo is trying, but it also doesn't sound all purple-proseish.

And guess what? There's no love triangle. At all. And that makes me so happy.

The beginning starts out with Jesse hunting down a paranormal creature. I forgot
Edmiary Ayala
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seven Deadly sins. One sexy deadly sin. Yeah, just to get you started. I loved this book! The cover was gorgeous, the story amazing, the characters appealing. Jessie Darker is a very strong chick, I loved her for it. She was fearless, driven and ready to pow-wow some Deadly Sin butt. Another aspect I really liked was how the relationship with her mother was. They were very close and used to taking care of themselves and ran the agency alone. They had a good bond, and I liked seeing it.
Lukas Scot
Sara
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Warning* There is a triggering scene in this book. There is an almost-rape in this book. It does stop at the first button on the jeans, but it is in there. Be forewarned...
This book was a really good start to my 2018 reading year. It had a lot of action, a lot of creepy creatures that go bump in the night, and a kick-ass heroine who is snarky to boot.
I think the pacing was on point. I was never bored, and there weren't many lulls where I was about to become bored, either. Our main character is
Krisztina
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Jus Accardo has proven to me that I should pay attention to her books. She writes exciting, no ordinary stories with strong, kickass, cool heroes (and heroines) and with many twists. And in case of Darker Days, we got the same.

Jessie (the protagonist) almost the same as Dez in Denazen series. A spirited, badass young girl and she has incredible sarcastic humor, that doesn’t leave her alone even in the most impossible situation either. Because of her family, she is not ordinary. Everday things
Shelley
*Genre* Young Adult, Paranormal
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

17-year old Jessie Darker and her mother Klaire, run a private investigative service that isn't exactly normal in it's scope. While Klaire follows cases linked to artifact thefts and property damage, Jessie, while still attending High School, pursues rampaging spirits and demon possession. Jessie isn't exactly your normal teenager and her own actions speak volumes when she takes cases she's been told NOT to. She's part demon on her fathers
nick
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Jus Accardo is one of my favorite YA paranormal authors and after 3 successful books from her, I've vowed to everything that she writes in the future. When I found out about her new series coming out, I was beyond ecstatic because I knew that she would deliver yet another fantastic series I could fangirl over. Darker Days has to be one of the best YA paranormal books I've read in a long time.

Jus Accardo's strongest point is her characterization. She proved in her Denazen series how good she was
Sandra "Jeanz"
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Totally different to the amazing Denazen series but love this book too . . . the start of yet another great series from Jus Accardo!
MY REVIEW
I won this in the e-arc giveaways run by Jus Accardo & Entangled Teen, in exchange for my honest review. I would definitely pick this one up from a book store shelf, the cover is certainly colourful and attractive. I like the use of different fonts for the book title and the series title as well as the placement of the titles and author's name too. Not
Chapter by Chapter
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Author, Jus Accardo, has done it again with this brand new series that I was totally dying to read! And let me tell you, Darker Days did not disappoint! Strong female lead, swoon worthy boyfriend material, and a storyline that is so gripping that you’ll have a difficult time putting it down.

Jessie Darker is not your typical teen. Jessie is half demon (thanks to her father), and helps run the family business, Darker Agency. Sure, they help with cases like missing people and confirming infidelity,
J.A. Belfield
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Darker Days is one of those books that pretty much has it all. Originality. Amazing pacing. GREAT characters. An awesome storyline. Excellent weaving of threads like an expert knotter (what?).
It is also what I suspect to be another GREAT first book in an exciting new series.
Ms Accardo, if you spot this review: You rock my socks! Because not only is this book FULL of twists and turns and family secrets, history and mythology (of the religious kind), kick-butt scenes and a whole host of
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled-teen
Darker Days Review on K-Books

Oh. My. Word! There are no words to explain just how excited I was to get hold of this book. Right from the moment I got an ARC of Touch I have been an enormous fan of Jus Accardo. I just adore all her books. They are just fantastic. When I heard of this new series I couldn't wait to read it. Darker Days is very different form Jus' Denezen series but I just fell in love with this series and adore it just as much, if not more, than the Denezen series.

Jessie has always
Sharon
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review: 4 out of 5 stars

I am a huge fan of Jus Accardo’s Denazen series so I was really eager to get hold of Darker Days, the first book in her Darker Agency series so I did a little happy dance when I found out I had won an ARC copy through Entangled Teen.

Seventeen year-old Jessie Darker is a loveable character, she is confident, witty and full of snarky one-liners that leave you either laughing out loud or shaking your head; she comes across as full of beans and without fear which I really lo
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Seven Sins. Six innocent people. Five days. Piece of cake...

Jessie and her mom come from a long line of Darker's that take care of paranormal problems. Lukas Scott enters the agency with a big problem. The box full of the seven deadly sins has been opened and released him and six other sins. See wrath was connected to him permanently with a spell. The other six sins have stolen bodies that will die in five dies if they don't recuse them. The box will call them all back so time is of the essence.
Melanie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ry-2013, read-in-2013
4*s
review posted here...

Darker Days is a great start to a new promising paranormal series by the author of ‘the Denazen series’. The synopsis is very accurate about what to expect from the book – 17 yr old Jessie Darker and her mother Klaire run a PI company that’s run for generations, who not only deal with the usual things a PI would investigate but also cater to the darker side of our world, the supernatural side, think ghosts, possessions… that type of
Vi (the Vi3tBabe)
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, e-arcs, 4-stars
Oh, Jus Accardo, you slay me with your funny characters, clever plots, and impeccable writing. Darker Days is your light and funny paranormal romance that pulls you in and keeps you entertained and engaged all the way until the last page. It was fast-paced and I loved the way she handled the paranormal aspect of the story. I love how she takes what we think we know about paranormals and adds her own clever spin to it.

Jessie is such a funny character. I loved her snark and humor. She has some of
Heather
When I got the email telling me I'd been one of the names drawn for Jus Accardo's new PNR series I was super excited. I love her Denezen series so was looking forward to reading this one (even though I'm getting a bit burnt out on series again.)

Fortunately, Darker Days doesn't disappoint. Jessie is a (not so) typical teen who works with her mom in their P.I. firm. While they take on normal cases, such as missing persons, or cheating significants, their specialty is...Otherwordly.

Enter Lukas who
Marni
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank the author for providing me a copy of her book for an honest review.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this book. Honestly, I don’t remember requesting to read it for review, but it was provided to me so I did and I’m glad I did. This book is takes the entire bad boy, good girl theme and provides tons of twists and turns that will have you amazed that you actually were able to follow along.

The Seven Deadly Sins are given a new life in this book. They are given substance
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
  • Salt (Salt, #1)
  • Ward Against Darkness (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #2)
  • The Demon's Desire (Hearts of the Fallen, #2)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Blood Moon, #1)
  • Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
  • Liam (The Awakening, #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Very Superstitious: Myths, Legends and Tales of Superstition
  • Cursed (Voodoo Nights #1)
  • The Athena Effect (The Athena Effect, #1)
  • Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)
  • Surrendering (Swans Landing #3)
  • Allure (The Hoodoo Apprentice, #2)
  • Senior Year Bites (The Clanless, #1)
  • Genesis Queen (The Road to Hell, #3)
  • Smoke on the Water (Sisters of the Craft, #3)
  • Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. But at the last minute, she realized her true path lay with fiction, not food.

Jus is the bestselling author of the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing, as well as the Darker Agency series, and th
More about Jus Accardo...

The Darker Agency (2 books)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)