Start by marking “Nowhere (Nowhere, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nowhere (Nowhere, #1)

Nowhere (Nowhere #1)

3.34  ·  Rating details ·  541 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
'No one's coming for us.
Not our families, not the police.
No one.'

Alyn, Jes, Ryan and Elsa are Nowhere. A concrete cube in the middle of a dense forest. Imprisoned inside are one hundred teenagers from all over the country. They're all criminals. But none of them remember committing any crimes. Who has put them there. What do their captors want? And how will they ever break
Published July 4th 2013 by Puffin

Kylie Alvey ♥️
😮 WOW! I love this book so much and now all I want to do is continue with the second part. All I will say about the book is that I hope they all get home safe and that whoever it is that’s in charge of this abomination is taken down.

There may or may not be deaths... you’ll have to find that out for yourselves 🤭🤫. I think the less said about this book the better, purely because if I gave you any details it will ruin the book for you straight off the bat.
I will say that you will hate Julian and th
Abbie
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nowhere looked interesting, and i thought it would be a good read.
However, after reading a couple of chapters, that thought quickly vanished.

It was pretty dull, but the main problem i had with it was the characters.
They were undeveloped, and were very forgettable.
If a character disappeared and it wasn't mentioned, i don't think i would have noticed.

The last few chapters picked up a bit, but it wasn't anything great.

Overall, dull, with flat characters.
I don't think i'll be reading book two.
Liz Barnsley
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
**3.5 stars**
No one’s coming for us.
Not our families, not the police.
No one.’

Alyn, Jes, Ryan and Elsa are Nowhere. A concrete cube in the middle of a dense forest. Imprisoned inside are one hundred teenagers from all over the country. They’re all criminals. But none of them remember committing any crimes. Who has put them there. What do their captors want?

An interesting concept for a YA novel this – fairly well executed and quite intriguing. As the story opens we find various children in captiv
Rennai
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, speculative
When our high school students read the blurb they think it is another Maze Runner... "a concrete cube in the middle of a dense forest. Imprisoned inside are one hundred teenagers...", so that might entice them to read. It has enough mystery (why have these kids been targeted and what have they got in common?) and action (brutal guards and escape attempts) to keep most young readers happy and as it is a fairly thin book it shouldn't put the more reluctant readers off. Other reviewers have made me ...more
Saskia Kw
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting book, is more of my type of book. Is not a 'gone' sort of book that I thought it might be but is still suspenseful and exciting storyline as you find out what is happening and how they escape. Wouldn't mind a second, or reading more of Jon Robinson :)
Jack
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
For book reviews and more, please visit my book blog, The Book Stop

Oh, how I love a good YA mystery! I devoured Nowhere in one night! The story was so gripping, and as soon as I started it I couldn’t put it down! The mystery was so intriguing and it had me guessing throughout the novel. Nowhere does have it’s flaws though. But definitely a book worth reading!

“No one’s coming for us. Not our families, not the police. No one.”

From the minute I read the synopsis I knew that Nowhere was a book I w
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Nowhere’ by Jon Robinson is the first in an enigmatic and thrilling new YA series. I hadn’t actually heard a lot about it prior to reading this so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I think that was a good thing because it meant that I was continually taken by surprise in terms of the quality of the plot and the unusual twists and turns that the author incorporated.

The premise for this book is brilliant! Teenagers put in prison in the middle of nowhere, with no knowledge of why they are there. This
K.J. Chapman
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
The concept appealed to me, but I felt more could have been done with this narrative. I was half way through the book and the pace hadn’t picked up, and the story hadn’t progressed enough for my liking. I was waiting for something to happen.

Nowhere is written in third person, but regularly switches perspective between a number of characters. This allowed insight into both the captors and the captives. I liked Ryan’s character because he felt the most rounded out of the bunch. I didn’t feel emoti
Sub_zero
Sep 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reto-2013
El principal problema que tiene Sin Lugar es que no posee la más mínima capacidad de arrancar la historia más allá de su atractiva puesta en escena y de repente te encuentras con una infinidad de escenas inconexas que no aportan nada a ningún sitio, regresiones temporales totalmente arbitrarias, ridículos intentos de reconducir la trama por derroteros sobrenaturales e innecesarios romances instantáneos -marca de la casa- que solo producen una monumental sensación de espanto, horror e incertidumb ...more
Charlie
An intense, creepily realistic young adult novel that poses the question: what wouldn't the government do to stay in power and keep the streets safe(er)? In this case, they would not stop at locking away 100 innocent (?) teens, and brainwashing them. But even more captivating, there is much more going on behind the scenes than just that. This is a great novel (especially for conspiracy theorists) and one which I genuinely did not want to put down.
I've read some people complaining that the chara
Rossana
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesante libro, interesante idea pero... y ese final? qué onda?
Vee ♔Under Mountain Books♔
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is so much fun, with lots of action and sci-fi and mystery thrown in. The mark of a great book is not wanting to stop reading to even eat, and I certainly did with both Nowhere and Anywhere.

The storytelling is very clever, throwing us straight into the action to meet the characters and telling us about how they got there later. The writing does need a little work but the story was so good it barely bothered me. The characters are many, I think there's... six characters in all, Ryan, El
Sam
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hidden amidst the perilous wilderness of Scotland; a landscape of icy, snow-covered mountains and dense forestry that is disconnected from civilisation, a high-concentration prison exists. Inside the concrete cube, one hundred teenage criminals are incarcerated, but few can remember committing their crimes. Nobody is coming to rescue them: not their parents, the police or the government. They call it nowhere. Jon Robinson’s speculative adventure novel begins with Alyn, Jes, Ryan and Elsa, four t ...more
Ayden
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
this book felt like it was an idea that the author showed around people thought it was a good idea so he released it without touching anything up or really writing anything
and im not just referring to the loopholes but to the lack of character development i guess character identification suites better for what im trying to say i cant tell you how any of the characters look or think besides for the fact that they want their freedom and who likes who which was told not felt
all in all it was a good
Emily
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I gave this book 3 1/2 stars. It's a good book. It reminded me a bit of The Maze Runner at times and I actually picked it up to see how much alike it would be. The plot is really very similar as well as some details. Having read The Maze Runner and knowing how much I love it, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Nowhere managed to keep me reading, though it seemed a little boring at first compared to TMR.
Inés Chamarro
Children are kidnapped off the streets and put into a remote facility telling them they are offenders of crimes not actually committed. The sinister reason behind it is their ability to influence events through unconsciously manipulating probability. Some of the kids will not take it lying down.

Descriptions are few if any, character development is simply missing. Other than that the story may appeal to non-discriminating fans of Maze Runner or Hunger Games.
Hanwar1
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book ‘Nowhere’ by Jon Robinson is well written and ends on a suspenseful cliffhanger. The whole way through this book you have no idea what’s going to happen. It shows the distance the government would go to keep a secret and though fictional readers know it could happen.

If you like crime, mystery and all in all suspenseful novels then you may like the ‘Nowhere’ series
Chloe Dall'Osto
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book had a great twist and explained things in a lot of detail. The characters were interesting and the book had a lot of unanswered questions/cliff hangers.
Arabella
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Great book but a bit confusing.
Lauren Grace
I hated this book. The characters were flat and under-developed. There were so many plot holes that came off to me as careless and lazy. The plot was incredibly unoriginal, and there are probably tons of books like this one that are written much better. While I didn't have a problem with the pace, I ended up skim-reading the last fifty pages because I just didn't care about the characters.
Danielle Shields
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Read more book reviews at: Dani's Trekking Bookshelf!

The plot of Jon Robinson's debut novel held potential. One hundred teenagers are taken from the streets to wake up in a prison in the middle of a remote forest. Their capturers continuously tell them that they are guilty criminals. Although none of them can remember the crimes that they committed. Yes, this is pretty much a nightmare we can only hope will never happen in the future.

Right now you are probably beaming with glee because of this m
Theo Lakin
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Nowhere” by Jon Robinson, is a fantastic book, that I had great fun reading. It is a very adventurous novel with an exciting plot and distinct characters. I would highly recommend this book and I am sure that anyone else who has read it would too.
The book is set inside a prison, with about a hundred teenagers all trapped in it. They are made to believe that they have committed crimes which they have no idea about. They believe that they are innocent and are all confused. The storyline is abou
Ana R.
Sep 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Antes de empezar me gustaría aclarar una cosa: no va a ser una reseña bonita. Admito sin tapujos que la única razón por la que he hecho el esfuerzo de terminar este libro ha sido para poder dar mi opinión a gusto. Y, aunque ya pensaba yo que era la única rara y pejiguera que le iba a ver pegas a todo, un mínimo paseo por Goodreads me ha devuelto la fe. Pero empecemos ya, sin más paños calientes.

Sin Lugar (en mi opinión, una mala traducción de Nowhere, el nombre original y que hubiera quedado mil
Zoe
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When reading Nowhere, I didn't have any high expectations to prevent me from being disappointed by the book. There are some very positive reviews about this book but most of the reviews I've read - including two of my closest blogging friends - didn't enjoy this book at all. Unfortunately, I give this book 2/5 because the way the story was conducted wasn't very gripping.

I'll start with the good things about this book - the premise. A concrete cube in the middle of nowhere, filled with 100 teenag
Bella
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it
This book had potential, I'll say that. I could not stop reading it, and it was a nice, quick read, finished it in an afternoon. But I really wish the characters were more developed, I mean, I wanted to root for them and ship them, but I really didn't know much about them. There were few hints as to their physical appearances, which is always disappointing, and they didn't have any unique quirks or fears or strong qualities which could endear them. I feel the whole time I was reading, I was proj ...more
Laura Hartley
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Nowhere is about a group of teenagers who are all imprisoned in "Nowhere", a prison in the middle of a dense and snowy forest. One hundred teenage 'criminals' are being held there, but none of them remembering committing the crimes they've been accused of. Convinced that something is wrong, a group of prisoners band together to try and escape and figure out who's holding them prisoner, where and for what reason.

Nowhere is a relatively short novel with a sort of 'Hunger Games' feel. It's a rathe
Rayane
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
1) Nowhere by Jon Robinson relates on a crew of teenagers that are kept in captivity in a cinder block in the center of a substantial and snowy forest.About a hundred teenagers are held in captivity being accused of committing a crime.None of them remember executing the offense they were charged with.More than sure that something is going wrong, the band works together to escape from the concrete cube and to know who held them prisoners, what does he expect from them, and for what reason.

2) Jon
ella ✨
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

No one is coming for us. Not our families, not the police. No one.

Nowhere. Anywhere. Everywhere.
In a concrete block in the desolate forests of a forgotten place, exactly 100 teenagers are imprisoned for crimes they cannot remember, for crimes they may not have done. Who are their captors? What do they want? And why did they choose them?
When some are slowly being turned into glazed over, obedient cattle, the others are trying to escape. But how is that possible when you are in the
Charlotte
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Now, this sounded so interesting, intriguing and pretty awesome. And whilst I pretty much sped through it, I was not blown down by book. But by the end, I feel like I need to read more.

image

Teenagers are imprisoned in a concrete cube in the middle of a dense forest. All of them there for criminal acts that they cannot remember. Refusing to accept their guilt they are desperate for escape.
When I picked this up, I was pretty damn excited. The plot sounded so intriguing, I could not wait to read it
  • Snakes & Ladders
  • How to Keep a Boy as a Pet (Circe Shaw, #1)
  • Poison Most Vial
  • Riche$
  • Quarantine (Alone, #3)
  • When I Was Me
  • Ferryman
  • Gloss (Gloss, #1)
  • Twisted Wing
  • Mortal Chaos (Mortal Chaos, #1)
  • India Dark
  • The Catalyst
  • Dead Time (The Murder Notebooks, #1)
  • The Long Weekend
  • Noble Conflict
  • Poison Heart
  • Imperial Spy (Imperial Trilogy, #1)
  • Half Lives

Nowhere (3 books)
  • Anywhere (Nowhere, #2)
  • Somewhere (Nowhere, #3)