Start by marking “Man 2.0 Engineering the Alpha: A Real World Guide to an Unreal Life” as Want to Read:
Man 2.0 Engineering the Alpha: A Real World Guide to an Unreal Life

Man 2.0 Engineering the Alpha: A Real World Guide to an Unreal Life

Are you a guy who's interested in building rock hard muscle, erasing your belly fat, boosting your testosterone, and having more mind-blowing sex than you thought possible?

If so, then Man 2.0: Engineering the Alpha was written specifically for you...

In his new book, celebrity trainer and Men's Health expert John 'Roman' Romaniello teams up with expert Adam Bornstein, forme
Audiobook
Published April 16th 2013 by HarperAudio (first published April 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Man 2.0 Engineering the Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man 2.0 Engineering the Alpha

Start your review of Man 2.0 Engineering the Alpha: A Real World Guide to an Unreal Life
Chris Ford
Apr 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Men's Health with more swearing. Rambling pseudo-motivational-speaker style, with awful mangling of the science (see the treatment of insulin or brown fat for starters). If you know anything about diet or training, there is nothing here for you.
gabriel morales
Apr 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
embarrassing. i got lost in the rio grande valley and started the book, forced myself to get through the whole thing in an act of self-hatred. i don't know what i expected.

the first 80% of the book is: fuck fuck hormones fuck awesome awesome hormones tyler durden awesome trust us awesome fuck read this book testosterone awesome sex kierkegaard awesome testosterone trust us read this book awesome hormones joseph campbell awesome star wars hormones trust us awesome amazing awesome fuck hormones h
Rsoeffker
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book left me a bit torn on what to think of it. I honestly am in good shape and needed another fitness/nutrition book like a kick in the balls. I picked it up anyway after I saw his interview with Sean Croxton.

The book offers plenty of insight that a newbie to fitness (or someone set in the old whole grain/killer cardio world) could benefit from. Furthermore, it lays out a very firm set of guidelines and a plan that most books of this nature lack.

The problem I have is the "bro" mentality.
L
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, 2016, nutrition
I met John a few months ago, and we instantly bonded over our mutual love of steak & philosophy. That is pretty much the only reason I purchased and read this book. I'm going to be honest: I was not expecting to like it very much, especially as a nutritional therapy practitioner & powerlifter. I was expecting more of the same bodybuilding bro-science-calories-in-calories-out BS, just executed with much better writing (John's an excellent writer). I was blown away. It far surpassed any other diet ...more
Emilie
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so not the target audience. For starters I lack the Y chromosome ;-)
I also already eat a very healthy diet, lift pretty heavy weights and read up quite a bit about working out, diet and sleep over the years.

That said, I still found this book interesting as it combines a lot of information that is out there in one place and presents it relatively simply. I even picked up a few things that were new to me, especially regarding nutrition and hormones which I will certainly research more in-dept
Kimball
Even though this book was crappy I took a few notes. I don't know who this author is but he cusses a lot. Overall the book was a pretty big let down despite having potential. My biggest issue was the author kept saying "we're going to teach this" or "you're going to learn this later on" and you're nearly done with the book and are still waiting. I hate when books do that. He never get around to it. For example, the testosterone. Now I'm wondering if mine is low because he talked it up so much. H ...more
Costantine Plassaras
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book. Romaniello is indeed very informative about things and especially if you are new to change your diet and learning some basics of biology and human physiology, he is a great start. If you're intermediate (like me) it has some great info regarding hormones and why nutrition cycling is important, but the rest is already known at that level. If you're expert you can skip this book.

A great value nevertheless, such a shame that I didn't come across earlier to it if you 're beginner is a
Arie van Gemeren
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got a lot out of this book. Mainly a proper focus on nutrition, hormonal balances (which I never thought about), and intermittent fasting (more accurately a detailed analysis of the benefits).

I thought there was perhaps too much focus on sex in the book - it seemed like in every other sentence the author talked about it. Also I would have liked a more thorough analysis of their argument in favor of supplements, as I’m still not 100% convinced it is worth it.

I am doing their program now! I wo
Josh
Feb 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book could have been titled: The Douchebag’s Handbook: 7 motivational speeches for assholes (bonus workout program!)

If I couldn’t have listened to an audiobook on 2x while skipping the cringe-worthy parts (which was most of it), I wouldn’t have finished it.

As for the diet/exercise program, I’m mainly interested in trying intermittent fasting in general (which in my defense, is why I started reading this). The plan outlined in the book is complicated. If you try it, skip the weird made-up “a
Selim Tlili
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting ideas about weight lifting and the primacy of intermittent Fasting as a tool to get into the best shape of your life. I will give it a try.
A lot of the book was repetitive and the instructions regarding the workouts were very intricate. It’s interesting that they wanted to make a simple eating schedule but a challenging to follow work out schedule.
Overall definitely worth exploring from a philosophical and scientific angle. The bro science was minimal even though it had a bro science
Jevgenij
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
For such a loud title this book strongly underdelivers. Although it attempts to get into sex and lifestyle a little bit, overall this is a just a book about training and dieting. Furthermore, it's mostly oriented at beginners and some advice is quite questionable. E.g. it bets a lot on intermittent fasting, but it has been proven that as long as you are in a calorie deficit, the timing is not important for fat loss. Also from the looks of the author he is either a genetic prodigy or juicing (or ...more
Koleś
May 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mix of "broscience", coaching, motivation and some fitness advices. Maybe it's good for people who like to read the message in this kind of form and know not much about fitness and latest research on health in general, but otherwise it is a waste of time - half of the book was the introduction and repeating again and again what the book will offer me later. They kept repeating that hormones are responsible for everything for this first half of the book...
Geric
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book if you want to be inspired by a couple bros or if you're starting to get onto the fitness journey. Very interesting how there's so much at play in terms of losing weight, which include hormone manipulation and eating timing. The book is basically divided into a mental mindset section and then (I believe) the real meat and potatoes of the book: the training/eating regimen. I personally learned a lot reading that second part. Bravo!
Troy
Apr 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: garbage
Mediocre, Broscientific and Uninsightful

I bought this book even after I knew all the five star reviews (on Amazon) were bogus (written by cronies, friends and family of the authors) and the 1-3 star reviews were justified by objectivity. I'll explain why I did that later, as well as why I'm not disappointed in purchasing this book via Amazon. What I am disappointed in is the complete lack of scientific `secrets' and `revelations' that are supposed to be involved in this book.

Here I was thinking,
Fedogo
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Incredibly entertaining read. The author did a great job of motivating me to get my body in motion. I'm now exercising regularly and watching what I eat. I think the pro's of this book greatly out number the cons so I'm not going to write down any negative criticism. I recommend people give this book a shot.
Jeff
Jun 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Don’t buy this book. The author has limited vocabulary. He must have used f*ck over 300 times in the book. This followed by his obsession of getting laid and how this book will help you to achieve the goal. 6 chapters in to the 12 chapters and all he speaks nothing of how to get stronger, build body mass. Arnold Schwarzenegger was duped into writing the forward or paid a lot of money.
Jonathan Metze
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
good information in the last 2 chapters. the rest of the book is like an infomercial. That kind of writing is really quite tedious. That said I will give the program a shot and see if it does as advertised. Will come back and update review then.
Brusher Social
Sep 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Book for angry incels who need to hype themselves up with stupid bullshit like AAALPHA journey and superhero references to move their ass.
The workout plan is solid but some exercises are overcomplicated.
Benjamin
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read the audiobook. It might be edited from the actual book. I am planning on buying a physical copy.
Troy
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Could have done without all the profanity. Cussing isn't alpha.
Akita
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book about fitness (diet+workouts). A little too much fluff for me. But overall, great resource for anyone starting (or rebooting) his/her fitness journey.
Jeff Ford
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book full of useful information about fitness and diet. Introduced me to intermittent fasting and managing hormones.
Frode Sønstebø
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great stuff, clear and in simple details.
James Welsh
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lot of interesting points and definitely some things to think about. If their claims all work... I'll be superman in no time.
David
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just OK....mainly for hard core fitness buffs
Upen
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Waste of time
Dennis Ray
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Good tidbits for fitness beginners. Nothing new.
Joshua Duran
Jul 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Audible Audiobook. Synopsis: Get more sleep, have more sex, workout, and do intermittent fasting and you become alpha.
James Lusher
The first couple of sections of this book is all positioning and suspense build up. The final section with the workouts and meal plans and focus on hormones is excellent.
Bobby  Big Boy
Jul 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
normie stuff anyone into fitness already knows
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Own the Day, Own Your Life: Optimised practices for waking, working, learning, eating, training, playing, sleeping and sex
  • Head Strong: The Bulletproof Plan to Boost Brainpower, Increase Focus, and Maximize Performance-in Just Two Weeks
  • Mind Gym: An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellence
  • The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding: The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised
  • Eat. Lift. Thrive.
  • Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
  • Choose Yourself: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream
  • Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to A Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success
  • Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
  • Limitless: Core Techniques to Improve Performance, Productivity, and Focus
  • Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story
  • Becoming a Supple Leopard: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance
  • Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
  • Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health  Life
  • Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life
  • Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook
  • Best Self: Be You, Only Better
  • How to Day Trade for a Living: A Beginner's Guide to Trading Tools and Tactics, Money Management, Discipline and Trading Psychology
John Romaniello is an author, angel investor, media personality, and consultant who helps entrepreneurs improve communication skills and increase revenue through writing.

Well-known across multiple industries, Romaniello has written hundreds of articles covering topics from business and marketing to fitness and self-development.

Having gotten his start as a fitness writer and entrepreneur, Romaniell

News & Interviews

“There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.” —ROBERT JORDAN, THE GREAT HUNT ARIA” 0 likes
“The problem: we fail to realize that we are the hero and that our life should be a tale worth telling. This” 0 likes