Start by marking “Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)

Wild Heather (English Ivy #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  290 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Olivia Hewes has one dream: to make Chatham Manor's wool-producing venture profitable. When she meets Randolph Sherbourne, the heir of her largest competitor, the two are drawn toward a forbidden love that will mean betraying both their families and the centuries-old feud that has separated them. But when the shocking truth about the death of Randolph's father is revealed, ...more
Published March 20th 2007 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Heather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Heather

Jolene
Aug 29, 2013 rated it liked it
The story of two feuding families and the the offspring who sought to promote peace through their shared attraction. But, wait, this isn't Verona(and this isn't Shakespeare). Rather, this is a reasonably entertaining read and, if pressed for a more concrete opinion, I shall simply say, "Well, I didn't DISlike it" and quickly change the subject to something about which I have a more decided opinion. This clever diversionary tactic never fails to call attention to one's inability to form an opinio ...more
Carolyn
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two feuding families in England find a need to try to bring peace to their family and town. But is rough going with the town divided, the church divided and the families themselves divided because of the generations of hatred for each other. One man tries to bring peace and love to the mix with disasterous results.

Unusual look at fetal alcohol syndrome during these early years - 1813. Rather realistic look at the difficulty of changing entrenched behaviors and feelings.
Melissa Linn
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Read a little over the last half in one night, I just couldn't put it down! I loved the setting & time it was set in. Such a different world than our own! Predictable that Olivia & Randolph would end up together, but there was so much that lead them to that place, a great story!
Jaclynn
Feb 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2007
Two people join their estates and lives when all else is against it from a hundred year+ family quarrel. They choose to forgive and love, despite the continued problems from various relatives on bothsides.
Mackenzie
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Book 1 of 3
Michelle
It was a good storyline, an fairly interesting read! Great advise from the Bible~
Mary adams
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Was a good book. I enjoyed it. Took place in Ireland. Some day want to visit that country.
Catherine Clem
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I stayed up all night and finished it. I could not put it down.
Kaylee
Apr 01, 2015 rated it liked it
It was a good story. I was a little disappointed by the ending, not that the two main characters ended up together (a given) but the language used was a bit over the top, not so realistic.
Sue
Historical novel about two families with centuries of feuding between them, combined with controversy in the local church. A bit predictable, but mostly enjoyable. Good holiday read.
Erin
Jan 26, 2010 rated it did not like it
Awful. Just awful. Still looking for a good romance.
Joanne Compton
Read this book a few years ago. Nice story.
Feb 21, 2016
Mar 09, 2010
Samantha Hardcastle
Jul 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Drifter (Men of the Saddle Series #2)
  • Threads of Silk (The Silk House, #3)
  • From Across the Ancient Waters (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #1)
  • Sweet Boundless (The Diamond of the Rockies #2)
  • An Unexpected Love (The Broadmoor Legacy, #2)
  • Ransome's Crossing (The Ransome Trilogy, #2)
  • The Courtship
  • Folly's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #4)

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...

English Ivy (4 books)
  • English Ivy (English Ivy #1)
  • Sweet Violet (English Ivy, #3)
  • A Victorian Rose