Start by marking “The Original Warm Fuzzy Tale” as Want to Read:
The Original Warm Fuzzy Tale

The Original Warm Fuzzy Tale

When a mean witch convinces people that giving away their Warm Fuzzies will result in a shortage of the happy-making creatures, and introduces Cold Pricklies as well, people become less generous, greedier, and generally unhappy.
Published January 1st 1979 by Jalmar Press (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about The Original Warm Fuzzy Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Original Warm Fuzzy Tale

Kim
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I actually did not read this book...I heard it over and over again at campfires as a child. The premise sticks with me to this day, to the point I get a kind of cold prickly sensation at the back of my head when I say or think something really mean (which I hope is rare). Talk about Pavlovian. I would be a happy camper if I could find this book and revisit the story.
Erica Mayberry
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x460
The Golden Rule is explored in a different and more interactive way. I like this book as a preservice teacher because it will give me a way to introduce this concept in an engaging way.
Stojka Miteva
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recently red Steiner's Emotional Literacy (which is very good by the way) and there he made a reference to this tale. I love it, and the symbology in it.
Riley
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thought provoking. insightful. Worthy of pondering
Ian
Dec 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children, and Children-at-heart
Shelves: have-read
I do not know how effective it is to review and recommend this book, as my own search to procure a copy as been fruitless as of this time.

I grew up reading this book which essentially helps children to understand the golden rule and how showing kindness eventually brings to their own lives peace and tranquility even if others insist on wronging them.

Actually, I may have gone a little overboard in claiming the scope of the story, but any child will get the point.

If you manage to find a copy, kudo
Macy Morrison
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: friendship
I love this book because you can do a great lesson with the warm fuzzies that you can use in your classroom year long. I plan on using this in my classroom. It can be used for all younger kids, no matter the age.
Kathy
May 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
There's a message here, which is important for making sure you have more happiness in your life.

I grew up on cold prickly's, and now do my best to make sure I only have warm furries (we changed it to furries, it felt softer than fuzzies).
Dan Wilson
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Sometime in the haze of the 1970s, Claude Steiner decided to promote free love by writing a children's book. In 1977, it was published. Perhaps it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Ian
Aug 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I mean come on! Warm Fuzzies... who can say NO!
Alienor
Shandra Dayton prowell
Dec 16, 2014
Marissa
Jun 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite childhood books! Hello, '70s feel-good anti-establishment lovefest!
Carmen
Jul 25, 2008
Mary
Aug 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I am a clinical psychologist and transactional analyst. Since 1965 I have studied, written, taught and lectured about the importance of, and relationship between, rational information and the emotions--especially love -- and how these two factors affect our personal power.

I have developed a program for emotional literacy training (click here) using transactional analysis (click here) principles a