Start by marking “Visitor in Lunacy” as Want to Read:
Visitor in Lunacy

Visitor in Lunacy

It is 1897, and confined to his room in Carfax Criminal Lunatic Asylum, Dr Richard Renfield is dying from injuries which could not be self-inflicted. His door has been barricaded from the inside and the Night Watcher swears nobody has been allowed in or out. With his last words he imparts a dire warning: “He is here.”

Moving between London, Yorkshire and Ceylon across the 1
ebook
Published February 1st 2013 by Smashwords (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Visitor in Lunacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visitor in Lunacy

Ape
Michael Brookes
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you pick up books on impulse and this is one of those occasions, the title piqued my interest and so did the cover. Thankfully this was one of those occasions where acting on impulse proved to be a good thing - that's not always the case!

The story concerns Dr Richard Renfield (a name that should be familiar to readers of Dracula) and provides an interesting angle of the famous story. He is a respected doctor, a visitor in lunacy (an excellent name for essentially an inspector for lunat
Trevor Firetog
I received this book for free as part of the Goodreads First Read's program.

This was a very quick, and very enjoyable book. I love how the author worked with and expanded on the idea of Dracula, while at the same time still remaining original and telling a great story!

There were a lot of spelling errors throughout the book, and a lot of the prose didn't flow right. But it's easy to forget about all that when you're reading.

If you're a fan of Dracula, you will enjoy this. If you are a fan of goth
Cheryl
Over all, I liked this book. What an interesting look at such a well known character! I'll be honest, I've read Dracula twice, once when I was a kid and again within the last couple of years, and yet Renfield was one I never really thought too much on.

The story was well thought out and I think if you are a fan of Dracula, this will certainly be worth reading. It is a quick read.

My only negatives, might have more to do with me than the writing. This isn't the sort of book I expect to be filled wi
Vanessa Wolf
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Free copy from SmashWords Press

Nicely chilling. This isn't really a vampire story, which I found to be a relief after an overwhelming decade of vampire fiction everywhere. I was interested because the character of Reinfield from Stoker's work has fascinated me for years. He more than gets his due in this piece. It is a study in madness, so the first few chapters are a bit confusing as you work out the voices and it clears up by the third chapter. I recommend it to fans of gothic literature, the
Patricia Kaniasty
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was just ok. It basically talked about how Renfield, from Dracula, came to be.
Karen
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
It was an interesting (and very quick)read, but there were a lot of typos in the Kindle edition. Perhaps not the author's fault, but it took away from the reading experience.
Emily
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eh, it was a good book but just not for me. Never really hooked me.
Louise
Apr 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Que?

Didn't see the point of this book. Maybe I needed to read Dracula first??
Dawn Lennox
It goes well with the main Dracula story and tells it from Dr Renfield's point of view. Not a bad story, and using dialogue from the original book gave it a nice touch.
Horror Aficionado
Apr 15, 2013
Danielle Hayford
Sep 04, 2014
Audrey Terry
rated it did not like it
Nov 09, 2016
Dec 03, 2016
Michael
Jul 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Day the President Was Shot: The Secret Service, the FBI, a Would-Be Killer, and the Attempted Assassination of Ronald Reagan (The Last Days Series)
  • Freeway Rick Ross: The Untold Autobiography
  • Stop & Frisk
  • What Happened, Miss Simone?: A Biography
  • The Last Disciple
  • Will You Die for Me?
  • Five Days: Which Days Would You Choose?
  • Whore Stories: A Revealing History of the World's Oldest Profession
  • Consequential President
  • Days That I'll Remember: Spending Time with John Lennon and Yoko Ono
  • Bride
  • The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People
I am a writer, recently relocated to the Pennines. My novel 'Visitor in Lunacy' was published in 2012. I'm currently working on the final draft of a much longer work, tentatively titled 'Another'.