Start by marking “The Plastic Effect: How Urban Legends Influence the Use and Misuse of Credit Cards” as Want to Read:

Do you have a credit card? Roughly 70% of adults in the U.S. do. In fact, Americans average 3.5 credit cards per person - that's a lot of plastic! Even with all that buying power in their wallets, most consumers have no idea the ways that they use (or misuse) their credit cards can affect their health, their relationships, and their credit scores. Many factors go into moun ...more
Published December 14th 2012 by Coconut Avenue, Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Plastic Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Plastic Effect

Tara Lasalla
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book with quality information for anyone that has a credit card. Just when you think you might know it all, the authors deliver words of wisdom and may help those to see the light at the end of the debt tunnel. Highly recommend for those who are just starting off in life and have opened up a credit card or two. What you read, may surprise you. Don't get stuck in an endless cycle of debt like so many of us have been in. Thanks for this providing this valuable PSA to the world.
Erica Adams
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so important for anyone with a credit card. It helped me a lot to understand what my credit score means, which "urban legends" about credit cards affect me, and what my credit report signifies. I know that I am not my credit score, but it really helps to have an expert explain credit cards in an easy-to-read way. It definitely helped me to not panic so much about my debt. I recommend this book for anyone who uses credit!
Delphia
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-books
I am in my twenties and I have never had a credit card. After reading this book, which was won as a first book, I feel like I have a better grasp of credit scores and interest rates. This was a easy read that spells out all the questions and answers you ever had concerning credit. I can't say I was enthralled but I am certainly better educated.
Kirsty
Apr 01, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-read-wins
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads.
Meagan
Apr 01, 2013 marked it as to-read
I've won this book through a Goodreads 'First Reads' giveaway.
Full review to be included once I've read my new book! :)
Gen Dobson
Jun 11, 2016
L
Apr 30, 2016
Stephen Lesavich
Feb 21, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Kim Coomey
Holly
Mar 02, 2013
Book is featured in a series of weekly articles 1 1 Jun 30, 2013 08:52AM
1 follower
Polly A. Bauer, CPCS, is an internationally recognized credit card authority, business consultant, and professional speaker. Polly is considered by many to be “the” preeminent expert on global credit card payment operations and all forms of payment acceptance related to the Internet, direct marketing, and automated payment transactions.

In her prior CEO and management roles, including CEO of the Ho