Start by marking “Cassidy” as Want to Read:
Cassidy

Cassidy

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  194 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The story of the Mormon farm boy from Southern Utah who put together the longest string of successful bank and train robberies in the history of the American West. Unlike most cowboy outlaws of his day, Butch Cassidy defended the poor and oppressed, refused to shoot people, and shared his stolen wealth with those in need.

Early in his outlaw career, Butch discovered true

Hardcover
Published by Council Press (first published January 1st 2002)

Macy Alexander
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Plot: In southern Utah in the town of Circleville a boy named LeRoy Parker, ventures with a man by the name Mike Cassidy. LeRoy loves Mike and looks up to him like he's his father. Soon enough LeRoy Parker plans the biggest train and bank robbery in the west. He changes his name to Butch Cassidy in order to not get him or his family in trouble. Butch goes on to venture the wild west.
Characters: Two of the biggest characters in this book are Butch Cassidy and Mike Cassidy. Butch adds humor, brave
Grayden Larson
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lee Nelson’s Novel Cassidy is about a young Mormon farm boy by the name of Leroy Parker A.K.A Roy. When he meets a man by the name of Mike Cassidy the man automatically became his hero and mentor. As Roy gets older he learns how to rope and shoot from Cassidy, And becomes good friend with the man. When the man move away Roy goes looking for work, he ends up as a Mule Skinner in a booming mining town known as Telluride and ornery bank manager denies his loan. When Roy sees his buddies again hey t ...more
Scott
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Good book. I may up the stars in my review after some time passes and I think back on the book.

Lee Nelson is a great storyteller, and Butch Cassidy is a great choice of subject matter. Nelson gives a thorough account of Cassidy's life and helps the reader know the side of Cassidy that is surprisingly compassionate.

The book is so thorough, however, it drags at times and suffers in its pacing (at least compared to most of Nelson's books in his Storm Testament series).
Apr 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this book after I watched "Butch & the Sundance kid" (the one with Robert Redford & Paul Newman). I enjoyed learning about this famous outlaw from Circleville, UT. I don't know how much of this book was accurate but I choose this one becuase I met the author at an Enrichment meeting.
Mickale
May 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this in high school and remember loving it. I think growing up in Utah gave me a feeling of connection to Butch Cassidy. It will be fun to read it again sometime and see if it as good the second time around.
James Hansen
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a teenager I loved this book and wanted nothing more than to take the trip advertised on the back of the book with lee Nelson on the outlaw trail.
Dustin Woodbury
Shelves: historical
well written.
car
Jul 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
i liked how he started out little nobody leroy parker and ended up with practice being butch cassidy
Bret
Mar 19, 2009
Amy
Oct 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • White Star
  • Bringing Sundance Home: *Butch Cassidy's Partner - My Great Grandfather*
  • Eddie Fantastic
  • The Poker Bride: The First Chinese in the Wild West
  • Gloryland
  • Aliens vs. Predator: Hunter's Planet (Aliens Vs. Predator, # 2)
  • Journal Of Sean Sullivan, A Transcontinental Railroad Worker (My Name Is America)
  • The Journal Of Joshua Loper, A Black Cowboy (My Name Is America)
  • The Branch and the Scaffold
  • The Journal of Jesse Smoke : A Cherokee Boy, Trail of Tears, 1838 (My Name Is America)
  • Postcards: True Stories That Never Happened
  • American Massacre: The Tragedy at Mountain Meadows, September 1857
  • Day of Remembrance (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Mountain Meadows Massacre
  • Great Basin Kingdom: An Economic History of the Latter-day Saints, 1830-1900,  New Edition
  • The Last Cheater's Waltz: Beauty and Violence in the Desert Southwest