Start by marking “Tashi” as Want to Read:
Tashi

Tashi (Tashi #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  514 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
The first book in the Tashi series of daring adventures and tall tales about magic, courage and the triumph of brains over brawn. Created by the much loved, multi-award winning author/illustrator team of Anna and Barbara Fienberg and Kim Gamble.
Published July 1st 2006 by Allen & Unwin Academic (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Tashi, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Emma Ruth
That was nothing like what I remember, still very enjoyable though. It does make me want to re-read some of my childhood favourites since my memory doesn't seem to be very accurate.
TheMadHatter
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I read this book with my daughter. It was a surprisingly quick read at 62 pages (but most of each page is covered in gorgeous pictures). My daughter is still all about the pictures and easing her into chapter books has been difficult as it is so hard to find chapter books that are equal parts words and pictures while still introducing the higher vocab. This was a short, but satisfying read for her.

My daughter was so excited when we started as she said "Tashi! I remember seeing this on tv". Okay.
Brooke E
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
hi everyone this my review on the first tashi book.
after i read it i was very pleased. The one thing i loved the most was that the main message was that no matter who tells u a person of the street that something isn't true, just trust the ones that you love because they know you the best.
when this message was portrayed in this book is when tashi's grandma tells him that theres a dragon that lives in the cave on top of the mountain so he decides to some how go and find the dragon and he tells so
Melanie
I stumbled upon this book second-hand and am so glad I did. Published in Australia in 1995 and I believe co-written with her mother, this Tashi book is a perfect first chapter book. The words are simple, but the adventure is big. There are pictures on every single page and it can be read in one sitting, but still feels like a chapter book. (Which, of course, feels like a very big deal as readers transition from short reader books into these)
My girls loved this book which included two tales of
Lola
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tashi is a really good book because its very nice to read and it has lots of adventures in it. And I like adventures. (L, aged 5)
Vivienne Barber
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lexille-700s
I love Tashi because its short and very interesting. I like when he tricked the dragon. I like how he always has a clever plan. I read them in a few minutes and they're great!
miinuh
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally read in 2009 or smth, but I wanted to reread it so badly after I found it in the attic and it was lovely
Ана Хелс
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Таши е една изключително сладурска поредица от весели мини книжки, въртящи се около странно хлапе със завъртян перчем, дошло на крилата на гигантски лебед до нашия свят от някакви земи незнайни и потайни, но подчертано азиатски по архитектурен стил, ако и да не са точно земно – азиатски. Момчето се сприятелява със съвременно семейство от неназовано място в неназовано време, но поне звучащо достатъчно нормално, за да са жители на някое изчистено от грижи нордическо селце в богатия север на Европа ...more
Quenby Anne
i liked it
  • Way Home
  • My Place
  • Arizona (Lucky Luke, #3)
  • Mi Amigo El Pintor
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #2)
  • The Fairy Tales Of Madame d'Aulnoy
  • Clorofila del Cielo Azul
  • The Cuckoo Clock
  • The Cat: Or, How I Lost Eternity
  • Mein Urgroßvater und ich
  • Keväällä isä sai siivet (Austraasia, #1)
  • The Little Refugee
Anna Fienberg grew up in a house filled with books. Her mother was a teacher librarian who relished stories as much as chocolates. 'On Sunday mornings we'd all lie in bed with our books, lost in magical wardrobes, witches’ spells, genies’ magic… What we were going to read next was just as important in our family as what was for lunch!' says Anna.

Anna started writing stories when she was eight, but
More about Anna Fienberg...

Tashi (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Tashi and the Giants (Tashi, #2)
  • Tashi and the Ghosts (Tashi, #3)
  • Tashi and the Genie (Tashi, #4)
  • Tashi and the Baba Yaga (Tashi, #5)
  • Tashi and the Demons (Tashi, #6)
  • Tashi and the Big Stinker (Tashi, #7)
  • Tashi and the Dancing Shoes (Tashi, #8)
  • Tashi and the Haunted House (Tashi, #9)
  • Tashi and the Royal Tomb (Tashi, #10)
  • Tashi Lost in the City (Tashi, #11)