Start by marking “Herbal Antivirals: Natural Remedies for Emerging Resistant Viral Infections” as Want to Read:
Herbal Antivirals: Natural Remedies for Emerging  Resistant Viral Infections

Herbal Antivirals: Natural Remedies for Emerging Resistant Viral Infections

Current information about antibiotic resistant microbes and the herbs that are effective in fighting them.
Published September 24th 2013 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Herbal Antivirals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Herbal Antivirals

Sammarks
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great Buhner book.

Basically follows the same format at the previously reviewed Herbal Antibiotics, and well worth reading if you have an interest in furthering your knowledge on antiviral resistant organisms and effective herbal antivirals, immune boosters and synergists.
Nick Woodall
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medicine, health
This man is absolutely brilliant! Ignore this book at your peril. I have tried many of his natural antibiotics (another of his books) and his natural anti-herbals. They work!
bartosz
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books
Herbal Antivirals is a sister book to Buhner's Herbal Antibiotics. Like its predecessor it focuses on herbal alternatives for medical treatments - this time antivirals.

I'm really sold on the need to find alternative treatments for viruses and bacteria. The emergence of superbugs and the neigh-inevitable viral outbreak is something that's in my mind not only highly probable - it seems an almost unavoidable, given the historical prevalenceof pandemics. I'm also sold on the usefulness of plants an
Justin
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: herbal
It seems to be a requirement that herbalists have good senses of humor. This author is not one of the few exceptions and as such this herbal is a pleasant read. The author seems to clearly know his herbs.
He cites specific ingredients and the mechanisms by which they work. He also includes scientific studies backing the herbs. Lastly, he both links herbs to specific ailments (candida in my case) and provides lengthy explanations on how herbal antibiotic treatments in general and specific work.

I
Renée Clark
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best with the companion book on herbal antibiotics by the same author. I think everyone should own a printed copy of these books. Drug resistant pathogens kill more of us every day and modern medicine is failing to help.
Steve Withers
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

Always interested in finding new angles on medicine and this is brilliant. Inspired. I bought some tincture. Haven't used them regularly, but noted some talk in book about histamine and mast cells. Taken them infrequently, but noticing no whatever yet.
Kathy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Thorough, scientifically backed information on all of the top natural antivirals, as well as a multitude of protocols designed to treat some of the most difficult viruses of our time. Everyone should own a copy!
Fanona
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seems well researched. good reference material.
Jill
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent Buhner book.
Crissy VA
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
If I were a doctor, nurse or any medical student I think this book would receive 5 stars. I do like how the book does describe viruses, diseases, etc. but some points it goes into almost too much of a description for me personally. I think there is a lot of information the average mom wouldn't need to know. With that being said, I do hope other medical professionals start reach for more books like this, we currently use a doctor for our children who goes the natural/herbal route whenever possibl ...more
Anndra Dawn
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent compendium of info on viral agents

A bit overboard on the scientifics, but utterly useful and comprehensive information on not just viruses. Here he describes the herbs and supplements useful to treat them, and goes into great detail as to WHY they work. Also gives info on making herbal tinctures and such to empower the reader to create their own cure. I'm going to try some of these starting tonight, will update as I go on. Four stars just because it's a tedious read, you'd best be dedi
Cari
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delivers again and I am so thankful to have this on my shelf. It has actually already helped me with a serious cough the doctors could not get rid of. The technical jargon is tough to get through, but if you take the time to look stuff up and reread, it will come.

Tink Bastian
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent source powerful of a herbal approach to antivirals. Stephen is very knowledgable about the subject and I find it a joy to know and figure out an alternative for Western medicine. The book is easy to use and you can quickly jump to those subjects that are applicable to your situation.
Lavanya GrizzlyHills
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book! Buhner is a brilliant writer and an even more brilliant herbalist. This book explains viruses and herbal antivirals in ways that make them so easy to comprehend. This is definitely a book worth reading by anyone interested in herbalism.
Heidi
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious
Michael Blackmore
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: herbalism
Four star for being a very useful herbal references. Probably not the most riveting read anyone (Herbalist or not) will ever have but definitely worth referring to later for the information within.
Imperatrix Mundi
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This will be a valuable reference work for the future.
Graham
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book . Wisdom comes page after page.
Olwen
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
An excellent reference which I've added to my clinical collection. Explores the biochemistry, the immunology, as well as great herbal monographs.
Theresa Girolami
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
See my review on his herbal antibiotics
Linda Simmons
Jan 29, 2015 marked it as started-never-going-to-finish
I didn't find this book very readable. Returned to the library.
Ahmed Zakaria
Monique Lawson
Jan 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • How to Store Your Garden Produce: The Key to Self-Sufficiency
  • The School of Natural Healing: The Reference Volume on Natural Herbs for the Teacher, Student or Herbal Practitioner
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Pest and Disease Control: A Complete Guide to Maintaining a Healthy Garden and Yard the Earth-Friendly Way
  • The Earthwise Herbal: A Complete Guide to New World Medicinal Plants
  • Humane Livestock Handling: Understanding livestock behavior and building facilities for healthier animals
  • The Essential Urban Farmer
  • Grow More With Less: Sustainable Garden Methods: Less Water - Less Work - Less Money
  • Cool Season Gardener: Extend the Harvest, Plan Ahead, and Grow Vegetables Year-Round
  • How Carrots Won the Trojan War: Curious (but True) Stories of Common Vegetables
  • Backyard Farming On An Acre (More Or Less)
  • Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats
  • The Raw Milk Revolution: Behind America's Emerging Battle Over Food Rights
  • Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine
  • From Vines to Wines: The Complete Guide to Growing Grapes and Making Your Own Wine
  • Edwardian Farm
  • The New Age Herbalist: How to Use Herbs for Healing, Nutrition, Body Care, and Relaxation
  • Pumpkin: The Curious History of an American Icon
Stephen Harrod Buhner is an Earth poet and the award-winning author of ten books on nature, indigenous cultures, the environment, and herbal medicine. He comes from a long line of healers including Leroy Burney, Surgeon General of the United States under Eisenhower and Kennedy, and Elizabeth Lusterheide, a midwife and herbalist who worked in rural Indiana in the early nineteenth century. The great ...more
“the organism’s immune system or the replicating virus. If the virus is particularly strong or if the immune system is compromised in any way, the virus can really take hold and illness, sometimes severe illness, is inevitable.” 0 likes