Start by marking “Homemade Liqueurs and Infused Spirits: Make Your Own Limoncello, Grand Marnier, Bailey's, and 152 Other Innovative Flavor Combinations” as Want to Read:

What do you get when you add flavors and sweetener to vodka, brandy, whiskey, or rum? Homemade liqueurs! You’ll be delighted by how easy it is to make your own versions of popular brands such as Bailey’s, Triple Sec, and Kahlua, as well as dozens of original flavor combinations.

Andrew Schloss shows you the basic techniques for making a liqueur – typically as simple as
Published November 5th 2013 by Storey Publishing (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Homemade Liqueurs and Infused Spirits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homemade Liqueurs and Infused Spirits

Start your review of Homemade Liqueurs and Infused Spirits: Make Your Own Limoncello, Grand Marnier, Bailey's, and 152 Other Innovative Flavor Combinations
Doris
The basic concept is simple: combine one or more flavoring agents, one or more distilled liquors or wines, and one or more liquid sweeteners. This book just provides a 100 or so permutations on this formula. The combinations sound as though they would be successful, though I haven't yet put any of them to the test. The author also provides some of the history and science behind making liqueurs, which lifts the book above the mundane.
Stacy Palm
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I first glanced at the cover of this book I knew I must have it. I'm that person that loves to throw a party and wow the guests with my wide array of talents. I'm all about going above and beyond to have a spectacular end result. This amazing and beautifully produced book allows me to take my parties to a whole new level. The concept of infusing your own spirits and making liqueurs at home is awesome. If you are the type of person who truly enjoys serving an organic menu, you will be ...more
Claudia
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
This book is absolutely beautiful! I don't know which liqueur I want to make first. The layout is very attractive, the photos are amazing, and the recipes are a wonderful collection of interesting beverages. The tips and introduction is instructive and easy to follow. I can't wait to try the fruity recipe for In Praise of Fraise, La Peche, and Summer Cantaloupe. For the vegetable drinks I think I will try out Garden Mint. The author gives a short summary on the famous Absinthe, and follows up ...more
Christine Silk
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Schloss’s understanding of how flavors work, his detailed knowledge of food and spirits, along with his suggested flavor combinations, make for an extraordinary book. The cocktail recipes at the back – where he shows you how to use the spirits you’ve concocted, along with a brief overview of particular glasses and mixers – are a crash course in mixology that will inspire you to pick up the shaker with confidence even if you’ve been intimidated in the past. I highly recommend this book to no ...more
Henry Sienkiewicz
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A total go-to for making the perfect dinner party nightcap or special gift. You will love and your guests will love it even more
Jannah
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, nonfiction
A very well laid-out liqueur and infusion recipe book, starting with descriptions of the basic ingredients (where does rum come from? What is demerara sugar? What types of flowers are edible?) followed by easy-to-follow recipes for various syrups, fruit liqueurs, flower/nut/herb/vegetable(?!) liqueurs and infusions, and then instructions for several cocktails at the end.
Some liqueurs are purported to be dupes of name-brand products such as Limoncello and Bailey's. I'll verify this and report
Cat
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These were amazing! I can't wait to try the herb and spice liqueurs this fall and winter.. I know a few people who will enjoy the pepper one. For anyone interested in making their own liqueurs, this book is loaded with great recipes.
Morgan Gariepy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like that the entire process is explained, from the equipment, the glasses, simple syrups, etc. I tried two recipes from the book. The first was a cucumber mint. It was ok, but not quite what I had hoped for. I have much higher hopes for the blueberry balsamic I have brewing right now.
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
a wide range of ideas - which I wanted to try - will definitely come back when I have a season where things are a bit slower.
Brad
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great mixes

Can't wait to try some of these out. Some unusual recipes, as well as a number of old standbys, this will make for fun entertaining.
Aleksandra
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very useful for a beginner interested in the topic.
Darren
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
A simple proposition: make your own liqueurs and other infused spirits at home, whether original creations or versions of popular brands such as Bailey’s and Kahlua.

After the usual introduction and a fairly helpful, interesting overview to the basics behind the subject it is straight to the recipes, split into different types such as fruit liqueurs, floral liqueurs and infused spirits. There are certainly many, many recipes to choose from.

For some reason the design of this book just grated at
C
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, galley-arc

What a great book if you're looking for ways to experiment and make your own flavored liqueurs. It is nowhere near as difficult or mysterious as it seems it would be. I'm excited to try a couple of the recipes - Strawberry Rhubarb? Ginger Cardamom? Really? Sign me up!

The recipes are a good mix of "favorites" and creative ideas. Some seem pretty "out there" (I won't be first in line to try the Artichoke Liqueur...), but the cocktails in the back give you drinks to try them out on.

Lots of great
*Angela*
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook, review_read
Absolutely loved this book! There are so many recipes, I'm not sure where to begin. I loved the pictures, I loved reading the history of the different liquors and I loved the way the book was set up and organized. Each liqueur recipe has suggestions on the bottom of the page for how to use the recipe in different drink mixes, etc. Not only does this book provide great ideas for gift giving, it would also be a great gift to give as a book because of all the pretty pictures and overall style. ...more
Naomi
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review: http://bit.ly/1cYlEho or http://bit.ly/1icYBzc

My opinion: I loved this book!! These recipes were so unique and FRESH. Utilizing fresh fruits, veggies, spices and herbs, the author expertly offered instructions that any novice mixologist could accomplish. This book wouldn't be limited to the novice mixologist though. Consumers pay some big bucks for commercially prepared liqueurs that are present in this book. Liqueurs that can just as easily be prepared at home with a little
Laurel
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A completely expected delight from Storey Publishing, my favorite diy publisher. I fell in love with the idea of making liqueurs when a friend served me her homemade limoncello and made my own first batch around 3 years ago, but beyond that I never pursued the idea, thinking it must be too complicated to make creme liqueurs. Not so! This book explains the theory in detail in the first portion, then moves to specific recipes for the remainder. It's great to have both theory and practice in one ...more
Rebecca
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a welcome addition to anyone's cookbook shelf and yet it is so much more than a cookbook. It is certainly a much needed resource for those who like great drinks with true natural flavorings.

We've made our own limoncello as well as our own strawberry infused liqueur and homemade vanilla extract. This book will allow us to bring our drinks to a whole new level and there will be lots of forthcoming experiments this summer with our garden produce, herbs, and fruit.
Melani
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-and-crafts
This was an impulse purchase, and I haven't regretted it. It's easy to follow and produces some tasty beverages. I've had a few duds, but those happened when I didn't follow the instructions and winged it (or let the batch sit for too long). Plus there a few very informative chapters that will help you in branching away from this book to make your own concoctions.
Maureen
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good information.
Teresa
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I think my search for an attractive, well organised cookbook of liqueurs is over. I appreciate the handy condensed guide to cocktails in the back.
Will
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
As much a cocktail book as it is guide to infusing vodka and spirits with interesting flavours and spices. The recipes are easy to follow if you have the time an patience for them.
Mona
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
An excellent resource for those wanting to experiment with infusing liqueurs & base alcohols for innovative cocktails.
Fee
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
very nice recipes
Teena Krueger
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, so many great recipes for making my own spirits and drinks. I made sure to buy myself a copy when it was released.
Russ
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Awseome book, have made several infused bottles and am currently making Lemon Drop Vodka at moment.
Nicolas Brasil
Jody Becker
Mar 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Harry Potter: A History of Magic
  • The High-Protein Cookbook: More than 150 healthy and irresistibly good low-carb dishes that can be on the table in thirty minutes or less.
  • Spinderella
  • No Dig Organic Home & Garden: Grow, Cook, Use, and Store Your Harvest
  • 100 High Protein Breakfasts
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Two Man Station (Emergency Services, #1)
  • 'Salem's Lot
  • Different Seasons
  • The Escort's Tale
  • Unnatural (Enlightenment, #4)
  • If The Seas Catch Fire
  • Home (Camassia Cove, #1)
  • Ahead of the Curve: Inside the Baseball Revolution
  • Death in the Long Grass: A Big Game Hunter's Adventures in the African Bush
  • The Atlantis Gene (The Origin Mystery, #1)
  • Inside (Death Row Chronicles #1)
  • Something from Nothing (Tales from Edovia, #1)
“Horseradish Schnapps You need fresh horseradish root for this liquor. Jarred prepared horseradish is too finely grated, which tends to make the spirit overly cloudy. It also contains trace amounts of vinegar, oil, and salt, which would affect the clean, clear flavor. Whole horseradish root has practically no aroma, but when it is grated, the broken cells produce mustard oil (horseradish and mustard belong to the same botanical family), which irritates your mucous membranes. The membranes weep to rid your system of the irritating oil, producing a cleansing effect throughout your skull. That effect, though moderately painful, is wonderfully refreshing. Makes 1 pint Ingredients 1 fifth (750 ml/31⁄4 cups) vodka (80–100 proof) 11⁄2 cups coarsely shredded fresh horseradish root Instructions Combine the vodka and horseradish in a half-gallon jar. Stir to moisten the horseradish. Seal the jar and put it in a cool, dark cabinet until the liquid smells and tastes strongly of horseradish, 2 to 4 hours. Strain the mixture with a mesh strainer lined with several layers of dampened cheesecloth into a clean quart jar. Do not push on the solids to extract more liquid. Seal and store in a cool, dark cabinet. Use within 1 year. Note: The liqueur will precipitate small bits of horseradish as it sits. These are not harmful, but you might find them unattractive. To cleanse your Horseradish Schnapps, follow the directions for clarifying (see page 8).” 0 likes
“Orange Dreamsicle” 0 likes