Start by marking “Buffi's Dress Design: Sew 30 Fun Styles” as Want to Read:
Buffi's Dress Design: Sew 30 Fun Styles

Buffi's Dress Design: Sew 30 Fun Styles

In this fun, hip, easy-to-follow guide, Project Runway contestant Buffi Jashanmal shows you how to design and make your own custom-fitted dresses from start to finish. You’ll learn how to create custom patterns for three basic dress shapes – the shift, the sheath, and the princess seam – and how to make them rock by exploring nine variations for each basic shape. Buffi als ...more
Published January 8th 2014 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Buffi's Dress Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffi's Dress Design

Bridgett
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Oi.
First off, let me tell you: I don't think I am the right target audience for this book. I am a middle aged woman and an intermediate beginning seamstress. I also have a VERY specific taste when it comes to my clothes.

I am not a big fan of wild prints and bold colours. (Maybe as a splash of colour, but I do not like to walk around dipped in hot pink, or bright yellow, if that makes sense. Most of the sample dresses in the book, have either big prints, or really bold colours. So I had to look
Elizabeth Bollmeyer
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
This book is a good intro what you need to start to sew anything from pins, pressing ham, and a lot of other things you need to have to start to sew. and also goes into why you wound need the tools and how to use them.
It also goes over there different types of fabric like cotton, denim, and eyelid. As well as prints like floral, and strips. And also fabrics a that can be harder to work with like lace, tulle and satin.

It goes over how to mester your body and what is your body type. Also telling y
Dana De lara
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book, it fills a missing niche in sewing books. Think of this as the bridge that takes you from the beginer to a more compehensive and skilled dress maker. Ideal for those who want to learn how to experiment and eventually create on their own looks.

Buffi has has vibrant personality which we saw on Project Runway and see again here as she sports her styles. She is thorough and fun in her approach. Everything she does seems to sparkle, splash and energize the viewer. I can't wait
Laura Elizabeth
Okay read, but disclaimer here: it’s not for the beginner! This is from Buffi Jashanmal, who was a contestant on Project Runway… (that’s pretty cool).
The dresses are pretty cool too- bright and fun. Like I said, its not for the beginner at sewing…
Eustacia Tan
Mar 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*2.5 Stars, rounded up to 3*

Now that I've started sewing, I'm looking for a sewing book that can teach me how to sew from a pattern. The internet is useful and all, but I just feel like I need an actual book. But before I actually commit any money to Amazon, I'd like to actually know what the book is like. So this is where having a NetGalley account comes in handy. I'll be reading these books, reviewing them, and if I like them a lot, buying them and doing a second review (which would be testing
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is not a book for the beginner sewer. While the dress on the cover is deceptively simple looking, none of the designs in this book are. If you are a dressmaker you will most likely already know this information; however if you are ready to move up to dressmaking from starch this might be a book you would want to look into. None of the 3 dresses in the book are my style so I will not be attempting them anytime soon so I cannot say if the designs are executable or not.

Received Reviewer Copy
Alethea A
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Received on Netgalley for review. Ack. I hesitate to call most of those dresses unique or stylish. They're pretty basic, actually. The instructional part of the book is pretty good, would even make this a good beginner book. But the fabric choices for the examples and the designs themselves are run of the mill, more TJ Maxx than Nordstrom Rack. A couple of good designs won't compel most sewists to buy this book. Full review to come.
Apryl Anderson
May 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, style
Oh, to be 12 again.
Trish
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is alright. Only a couple dresses that I would want to make that would look good with my body type.
Susan Krafcheck
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Will know more after I successfully sew a dress!
Amy
Aug 15, 2013
Miss M
Nov 20, 2013
Buffi Jashanmal
Feb 20, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Clover