Start by marking “Shadow People (The Finding)” as Want to Read:
Shadow People (The Finding)

Shadow People (The Finding)

A hidden room. A prophesy about to be fulfilled. On Lapillus, the demonic Nefandus torture and kill to satiate their foul hunger. A small number of the dragon-like Voxavi remain in limbo, and their Lord is trapped in a wall of diamond. Natalie, Gabe, and Brian are propelled into this gem encrusted world, only to find that the fate of the universe rests on their shoulders. ...more
Published February 6th 2013 by Weaverback Press

To ask other readers questions about Shadow People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow People

Vashti Quiroz-Vega
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Sci-Fi, Horror and Thrillers
Shadow People: The Finding by Jo Robinson is a great read! I loved it from beginning to end. The plot is engrossing and the setting is fascinating and unique. The main character, Natalie, is compelling and convincing. I cared about her and her friends, and wanted good things for them. The Nefandus scared the heck out of me and I loved it! Jo Robinson is a great storyteller with a big imagination. You know you're reading a good book when you are dreading the end. If you enjoy Science Fiction with ...more
Lucy Pireel
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I’ve read a sci-fi novel which I really enjoyed, mainly because it is hard to create a world and characters believable enough for the book not to become a laughing matter. The author of this one has balanced outlandish creatures, a new, strange, world, and technology which is real enough not to be thrown off by while reading the mind blowing adventures.
She also weaves in metaphysical elements into the story, but in a way that makes sense, because it is in essence about
Chris The Story Reading Ape
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
The author has incorporated so many genre in this story, the only way it can be described is by putting it into a class all of its own - Paranormal / Supernatural / Metaphysical / Science Fiction / Fantasy (PSMSFF).
Far from being a mishmash, it is skilfully written, with a well planned start which feels creepy (like a haunted house is creepy), then a dimensional leap (literally) finds the heroine and TWO muscular men (forget a love issue, it's not going to happen - with them at least), discoveri
Ann Mullen
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good! Fantasy/Sci-fi/Paranormal, this one has it all. It was well written with very good character development, and it held my interest all the way through the book. A heroine who turns into a dynamo is always a good thing. I will be looking for more of Jo Robinson’s books.

Marsha
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Shadow People (The Finding) by Jo Robinson is a really well done science fiction/fantasy. It has colorful, imaginative descriptions with complex characters. I was please with the strong female lead, but her strength was derived from the weakness of the men. That was disappointing, but the story line is strong and consistent. Robinson created some really nice worlds through the solidly descriptive language.
Lorraine Montgomery
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes sci-fi
I received a free copy of this ebook in an online give-away.

In Shadow People, Natalie (who is extremely wealthy and runs her own deli business) and her husband Gabe (who is also extremely wealthy and loves anything that smacks of paranormal) have bought a new house. Aw, heck, it's a mansion. While puttering around in the basement home theatre, Gabe discovers a hidden room full of weird technology equipment and decides to break down the wall behind to see what strange activities the former owner
Grace
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Intelligent mythical fantasy

Jo Robinson transports me to worlds that she knows intimately, and that are completely unfamiliar to me. This book moved me to a mythical fantasy world.

I have a hard time getting into fantasy. I have a hard time conjuring and relating to bird beings that aren't birds, horse-like beings with wings, and other mythical creatures that I am not previously acquainted with, especially when they have fanciful names that I can't keep straight. I took notes, and studied them, a
Teresa Karlinski
Natalie and Gabe are a young couple who have recently purchased a house. The husband discovers mysterious panels in the basement and decides to remove a wall.

Strange findings, Google searches on the previous owner, parallel universes, unexpected creatures, and I was sucked into the story. It turns out some of the characters aren’t even who they thought they were.

I’ve a confession to make. I do not read science fiction or fantasy, but I gobbled every word till the end. The cast of characters is d
Christoph Fischer
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Shadow People" by Jo Robinson is a remarkable book that begins as intriguing mystery about the purpose of a suddenly discovered room. Natalie and Gabe are fascinated by it but at first they put the discovery down as a product of the excentric nature of the previous owner of the house.
However, the purpose of the room soon becomes clear and our heroes travel to another world and learn of a serious thread to the entire universe.
Science Fiction, dark fantasy and great suspense blend together in an
Janice Spina
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shadow People is an exciting adventure into other worlds when a young couple purchase a house and find a hidden room. This strange room is a wormhole to other dimensions. They venture forth and meet alien beings and realize that they are connected to these aliens in ways too hard to comprehend. The couple who go on this adventure, Natalie and Gabe, find themselves and their world in great dangers from evil forces. They must draw power and strength from their past to survive.

There is more to this
Jul 21, 2017
Theresa Wade
Nov 19, 2018
Jo Robinson
Oct 21, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kurt Springs
Oct 26, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: New Book Cover 4 24 Oct 21, 2013 09:49PM
I live in South Africa with my three feathered owners. I love all animals, champagne, chocolate, any sort of cheese, and most people. I like to read literary fiction, sci-fi/fantasy, and humour most of all, but I've fallen in love with books from most genres at one time or another. I write non-fiction, sci-fi/fantasy and mainstream fiction.