Start by marking “I Know a Lot!” as Want to Read:
I Know a Lot!

I Know a Lot!

(Empowerment series #3)

This third book in Stephen Krensky and Sara Gillingham’s empowerment series celebrates the feats of growing out of toddlerhood with increased knowledge. Whether comparing heavy rocks to lighter flowers, or noting that the sunlight delineates the day from the night, Krensky and Gillingham acknowledge the “small wins” of understanding the world just a little bit more. Young ...more
Board Book, 12 pages
Published July 2nd 2013 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about I Know a Lot!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Know a Lot!

Start your review of I Know a Lot!
Eva_Amaré
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k
I know mama got this book because the little girl is just like me. She has hair like mine and she's really clever and knows a lot. I like her already. I hope we find more books with all kinds of people who look different. The retro pictures are fantastic too. If I had more thumbs I would put them all up, but I only have 2, so those will have to do👍👍.
La Keesha
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I Know a Lot!". I have heard that A LOT as the parent of a six year old. This picture book is perfect. I love the little ragdoll look of the character and the bright colors and big letters. My daughter read this one easily on her own and was proud to compare and contrast her level of success in the small but oh so important things that the character achieved. This book is one in a series of books meant to empower our little ones and teach them that big lessons and big successes can from small t ...more
Maria Shuffit
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book and the other one in the series that I read to my kiddo. I like that it is uplifting and that the illustrations are children of color. This volume celebrated the way that kids learn as they grow, all in a very positive light. Definitely recommend this series of books!
zachary hollis
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

My daughter's love this short story! I read it to them all the time before bed time. I would recommend this this book.
Angelica
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the simple message of this book and its illustrations.
Ellie
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
We should come back to this empowerment series...
Hayley DeRoche
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charming!
Kris
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This one is so much fun and perfect for toddlers who "know a lot!" The illustrations are perfections and it has an empowering message. Terrific.
Maria Johnson
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read

I was downloading books for my 5 year old old who is learning to read. This book is perfect for him
Stephanie Davis
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good picture book to read to toddlers. Picture book
Seymone Brutus
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great message and illustrations

I really love the artwork and comparisons. It sends of message celebrating your intelligence and is educational at the same time with opposites.
Jenna Mills
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
A positive message
Dianne Mallory
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ease

This is a good book for emerging readers - especially preschoolers (4 yrs) and kindergarteners (5+). Add to child’s library.
Slaa!!!
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So cute!!
Amelia John
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely read

Really enjoyed the main character. Would have loved something that I could interact with my daughter. Great read though. Would definitely recommend.
Jalencya Riley
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book has easy reading for young kids. It helps with confidence building and teaches opposites. My son and I enjoyed it.
Linda Merrill
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet!

My grandson enjoyed this book, especially the illustrations. I just wish it was a little longer. It seemed to end just as it was getting good.
Cara Byrne
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a peppy board book featuring a little girl who knows "A LOT!" about the world. The graphic representation of the little girl, her parents, and her friends is really appealing. I'm also interested in how race is visualized in the book (even though discussing race is not a central stake in this book - children of distinct visages merely exist together, which is quite wonderful), especially as the whiteness is presented as just that - stark white - on a stark white backdrop. This is a book ...more
Dimity
This is such a neat little book and there's a lot of reasons to love it! The illustrations are so much fun to look at, I love that it shows a little girl with her dad (and that it depicts a black family), and I think its message is a great one for toddlers. I plan to check out the other books in this series to share with my 3 year old!
Katie
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great to see a colorful, rhyming board book for toddlers that features an African-American girl. Takes you through her day, as she shows off all the things she knows:

"I know snow is cold, and stoves are hot. If you ask me things, I know a lot!"
Alicia Evans
The protagonist lets us know that she knows a lot of things and then she tells us all about it. This book is good because it emphasizes the importance of having confidence in yourself and what you know. Kids will love telling you all the things that you know afterward.
Rebecca
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hey, when you're little every bit of knowledge is a victory. And so is, apparently, a kids' book with a non-white main character that is not "about" diversity, but people just existing. Like people do. Hooray! Love the retro style of these board-book illustrations.
Deb
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy this series features different kids.
Vicki
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Glad to see an "oversized" board book. Some board books level wise are great for reading aloud, but usually they are too small to share with a group. Nice bright colors in the illustrations.
Katya
Points off for some of the assertions being debatable, as my kids pointed out (dark could just mean a dark room, not night...etc...) but the format, simplicity, and illustrations are great.
Aiyana
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddos
A bright and cheerful book with a multi-ethnic cast. A good introduction to opposites in catchy rhyme.
Emelda
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Vegetables in Underwear
  • Penguin Says Please
  • Little Monkey Calms Down
  • Library Mouse (Library Mouse #1)
  • Ben Loves Bear
  • Fraidyzoo
  • Bella Loves Bunny
  • Why the Spider Has Long Legs (Folk Tales From Around the World)
  • 100 Things That Make Me Happy
  • When I Grow Up
  • You Get What You Get
  • The Family Book
  • The Museum
  • I Like Myself!
  • Pancho Rabbit and the Coyote
  • Future Engineer (Future Baby)
  • Pete the Kitty's First Day of Preschool

Empowerment series (4 books)
  • Now I Am Big!