Start by marking “Photography Business Secrets: The Savvy Photographer's Guide to Sales, Marketing, and More” as Want to Read:

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Give your photography business an edge with these professional insights

There are already more than 150,000 professional photographers in the U.S., according to Department of Labor statistics, and thousands of serious amateurs are continually seeking to become established. Whether yours is a new or long-standing photography business, you have plenty of competition. Lara Whi
Published March 12th 2013 by Wiley (first published January 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Photography Business Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Photography Business Secrets

Stephanie
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an AMAZING, comprehensive resource for anyone in the photography industry who is either just starting out as a serious business owner, or has been part time and is ready to grow.

It is especially helpful for wedding and portrait photographers. While much of the content is applicable to any photographic niche, Lara White's background is in wedding photography, and her insights into the industry and helpful, informative, and inspire one to take action immediately instead of being overwhelm
Abbie
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, click
This was the most thorough book on the business of photography I've ever seen. I wish I had seen it (or it had been published) BEFORE I started my business. It covers almost every aspect of the "back end" of the business - from naming your company to daily business tasks, sales basics, marketing and more. This should be required reading for those considering starting a photo business.
Julie Thompson
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a wife of a full time photographer, and me wanting to dive into the full time photography life myself, this book was both familiar and informative. I felt like I could relate to the lifestyle but I learned a lot about marketing and many other tools of the trade that can improve our business.
Mari
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bookmark crazy

So much information, great, great, great. Very thorough and gave me lots to consider. I feel ready to start my business. Actually excited instead of anxious.
Brittany Laccetti
Contains a lot of useful information for marketing.
Catherine
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good read BEFORE you start your business. I'm three years in and it was all stuff I had already worked through.
Alisa Whitley