Start by marking “First Aid Kit Girl” as Want to Read:
First Aid Kit Girl

First Aid Kit Girl

Meet Stephanie. She's just like you. She hates her job and her colleagues. She eats the wrong things, says the wrong things. Thinks the wrong things. Stephanie seeks solace in pointy objects, sharp objects, and the raw comfort of the office First Aid Kit. To Stephanie, people are just things, caricatures. Obstacles to be avoided. Except one. Days are interchangeable. Until ...more
Published January 18th 2013 by Green Press

To ask other readers questions about First Aid Kit Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Aid Kit Girl

Lightupvirginmary
Mar 20, 2013 Lightupvirginmary rated it it was amazing
I wrote this, so I'm rather biased and won't review it (that would be weird), but you can find out more here: http://extol-lightupvirginmary.blogsp...
And like it here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/First-...
Adam Raymond
Jun 25, 2013 Adam Raymond rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this from start to finish. Dark, humorous and captivating throughout.
Anne Mullane
Mar 20, 2013 Anne Mullane rated it it was amazing
I loved this book . Stephanie is amazing, you won't meet another character like her in a book any time soon - she is a real original. This is a book for anyone who has ever been bored working in an office, or has desperately tried to find a way out of working in an office. It's shocking, it's funny and it will keep you reading, gripped right to the end, I can't wait for the next novel from Ms Rose!
Natalie Moore
Jul 11, 2014 Natalie Moore rated it it was ok
I read this because my friend forwarded me an article from Ideastap about this author writing about mental illness. I'm a mental health nurse so I was interested to read this book.

First Aid Kit Girl is about Stephanie, a twenty something feeling stranded in a job she despises - something that many can relate to. Stephanie's way of coping with her absolute hopelessness is to self harm.

I gave this book 2* (if Goodreads allowed half stars it would be 2 & a half) because if this is a representat
David
Mar 20, 2013 David rated it really liked it
Shelves: forts-book-share
This is the story of Steph. She hates her job and her colleagues. She likes to cut herself. (That's not a spoiler, is it? There's a razor blade on the cover.) She uses a first aid kit to self-repair.

Then some light shines on her world when new staffers turn up.

This is a compelling, easy read, as long as you don't mind stories that revolve around self-harmers, I guess. I tore through the whole thing in three sittings.

It's got some Palahniuk stuff going on, which is a plus for me: urban/suburban
Steve Moran
Mar 22, 2013 Steve Moran rated it it was amazing
It feels to me like a cross between a Kafka-esque bureaucratic nightmare and Bridget Jones' Diary. I could easily imagine a controversy surrounding this book if people get the idea that it's encouraging self-harm. It's at the same time humorous in a very black way and really quite hard, almost vicious. If you're hard enough you can read it, probably not the choice for delicate old maiden aunts or Colonel Blimp uncles. I think the ending is the best ever.
Jason Lipscombe
Jason Lipscombe rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2014
Natasha Howorth
Natasha Howorth rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2015
Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Adam Hartz
Adam Hartz rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Scampy
Scampy rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2017
Lynda
Lynda rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2013
Molly
Molly rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2015
Karyn
Karyn rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2016
Nic
Nic rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Ania
Ania marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Jude Brown
Jude Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Howard Jones
Howard Jones is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Sharel
Sharel marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Nikki  Brooks
Nikki Brooks marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Gemma
Gemma marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Louis Wain
Louis Wain marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Elizabeth Kalafut
Elizabeth Kalafut marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Brenda Hoffman
Brenda Hoffman marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016