Start by marking “Fired Up (Trouble in Texas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fired Up (Trouble in Texas, #2)

Fired Up

(Trouble in Texas #2)

Dare Riker is a doctor who saves lives, but someone seems determined to end his. It may have something to do with the traitors he dealt with during the Civil War, or it might be related to the recent incident with Flint Greer and the ranch. Whoever the culprit is, he or she seems really fired up, and Dare can't let his guard down for a moment, which is a challenge, since r ...more
Published September 15th 2013 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fired Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fired Up

Start your review of Fired Up (Trouble in Texas, #2)
Brittany
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fired Up, the second book in the Trouble in Texas series by Mary Connealy, does not disappoint! It is full of attraction between the two main characters.

Glynna Greer is the widow of an awful man who was killed at the end of the first book, Swept Away. Glynna is trying to learn to stand on her own two feet without the need of a man. She has two children to support, a young daughter and a very angry teenage son who hates any man that even looks at his mom.

Dare Riker is the town doctor who is havin
Rachel
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second book of the Trouble in Texas series was a well-written and entertaining historical western Christian romance novel with good character development and a thread of suspense. I enjoyed this novel a great deal and liked getting to know Dare and Glynna better. Mary Connealy always creates such fun characters, and in this series as in the Kincaid Brides series, she introduced most of the cast in the first book and then develops all of the characters and their relationships throughout the ...more
Sheila Samuelson (BookAddict30)
Rating: 2.5 Stars!!
Review:
I wanted to love this book since i loved her Kincade Brides Series but this one fell flat for me.

The characters were interesting to read about and the storyline was fast paced which i loved BUT too much explaination about certain parts of the story bore me.

If it wasnt for the explaination i would of rated it higher.
Kayla Finley
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Wendy
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Glynna Greer is opening up her diner and the Regulators are helping her move her things to town after saving her from a long painful life with her husband Flint Greer. The diner business is doing good even though her cooking makes everyone sick. Dare Riker, the doctor in the group of Regulators, is doing a good business though, thanks to her cooking. The men go to the diner just to look at the beautiful Glynna and won't give up eating her food.

As they are moving her things to town Glynna and D
Jenny
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
It seems that there may be more books in this series that I have not read. The story itself can stand by itself but it does seem that a reader would benefit by understanding the other story lines.

I know that Glynna is a prisoner to her circumstances in many ways, but it seems as though she was in denial about her own abilities. How could a woman not know that her cooking stunk? And why on earth would she try and feed others?? I know that women were scarce but honestly I would think that men of t
Melina
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in Mary's Trouble in Texas Series, but you really wouldn't have to read the first book in the series to really like and understand this one. I really enjoyed this book. It had a little romance, and a lot of action. There was a little mystery to it also. Mary's books are so easy to read. They flow so well. This is series is packed full of great characters and we get to meet a new character in this story, Jonas' sister, Tina, she seems like a firecracker and I am hoping the ...more
Teresa Snyder
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great Mary Connealy book. Honestly, I don't think she knows how to write a bad book.

Book 2 in the Trouble In Texas series, picks up where book 1 ended. This time the focus is on Dare and Glynna. My favorite part about Mary's series is how she keeps prior characters involved in the story. Luke and Ruthy story, the main characters in book 1, is also continued in book 2. To me, that's one of the main reasons to read a series - allow secondary characters to tell their stories while continui
100 Pages per Hour
My original review from 2013

I love Mary Connealy's writing! It is a perfect blend of romance, humor, western, and adventure. This book is a perfect continuation of the story from book one but it also brings to light some new characters too.

Dare may not have gone to medical school but he is a doctor nonetheless. For all of his practical training he knows more about doctoring than anyone else in the area. Glynna is faced with the recent death of her abusive husband leaving her with two children to
Rachel
Glynna's has had husband trouble. Husband #2 is recently deceased, and it's a good thing too. Now Glynna's determined to be independent; opening the only diner in Broken Wheel will help with that. The main problem: Glynna can't cook. Afraid of serving under-cooked food, Glynna makes sure to cook everything until very well done.

Glynna's children are recovering from the violence the witnessed during Glynna's last marriage. Paul is angry, Janet has retreated into herself. Both need time to heal.

Da
Linda McDaniel
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining. I love Mary Connealy's humor. I.have read several of her books and would not hesitate to recommend any of them. It is good, clean entertainment. Excellent Choice. Choice

Cass
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fired Up--Trouble in Texas #2

Mary Connealy fires-up the reader's imagination, grabbing and keeping their interest from first sentence to the very last. Couldn't put it down. Like the other books in this series, this story will lasso and keep you hog-tied. Well worth reading. Buy it. You won't be sorry. Now to download the next book in this series.
Mary Garbarino
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It deals with some real life problems in a realistic manner. This is one of my favorite authors. Her characters are real and believable. I am currently reading the final in this series. It is just as good.
Kathy Brickert
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story!

Loved the book! It's got the right blend of mystery and romance with wonderful realistic characters and a great setting! Can't wait to read the last of this series! Great read!
Elaina
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful book from this author and also sequel to the first book! This book continues with Doctor Dare and Glynna from the first book. The journey and trials they face together from rock slides to finding someone is after the doc. Enjoy this clean adventurous book!
Carolyn Tye
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this author for her humor. However, I wish she'd get a good proofreader. At least twice she wrongly named the characters, which messes with the flow of my reading. ...more
Molly Springer
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: if, 2017
The nice thing about this series, is even though I read them out of order (oopsies) it still made sense!
Ralynn
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good story I liked it.
Donna G
Jul 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Terrible writing/ poor characters and plot.
Krista
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pg
The series is enjoyable but not something I would highly recommend. It is a light, fun, and fast Wild West historical fiction.
Abigail Harris
A couple long rides already this month have given me a lot of reading time and it seems that I'm reading faster lately.

RTC
Louise E.
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story.
Carolyn F Purchase
Great author

I enjoyed this story a lot. The story moves quickly and is hard to put down. I look forward to reading more of Mary Connnealy's books.
JLynn
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book was a pleasant read with points of thought relatable, or relatable to what we see in others behaviors. It had a variety of personalities to keep me entertained.
Debbie
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good characterizations, fast-paced, interesting...excitement and mystery thrown in...a great book (and series!)!
Susan Forsgren
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
This author has a style is one that I enjoy. I will not be reading anymore.
Janet Jordan
Dec 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
Kelly
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trusting is hard

This may be my favorite in this series so far. The best part was when some people learned about Jesus’ forgiveness. Very well done!
Loree Widmer
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved both books

Hope you have a third 😍. I so enjoyed I haven’t had so much fun reading in a long time. I laughed I cried your story became a part of my life!
Tammy
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Characters: Dare and Glynna
Setting: Texas, 1868
I liked this book more for the mystery than for the romance.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Worthy Pursuit (A Worthy Pursuit, #1)
  • Full Steam Ahead (Full Steam Ahead, #1)
  • Stealing the Preacher (Archer Brothers, #2)
  • More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family, #1)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Archer Brothers, #2.5)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Short-Straw Bride (Archer Brothers, #1)
  • Holding the Fort (Fort Reno, #1)
  • A Cowboy for Keeps (Colorado Cowboys, #1)
  • To Win Her Heart
  • Hearts Entwined
  • A Cowboy Unmatched  (Archer Brothers, #2.5)
  • The Love Knot (Ladies of Harper's Station, #2.5)
  • A Tailor-Made Bride
  • Head in the Clouds
  • The Lieutenant's Bargain (Fort Reno, #2)
  • Love on the Mend (Full Steam Ahead, #1.5)
  • An Old-Fashioned Texas Christmas: 2-in-1 Holiday Novella Collection
Mary Connealy writes romantic comedy with cowboys always with a strong suspense thread. She is a two time Carol Award winner, and a Rita, Christy and Inspirational Reader's Choice finalist.
She is the bestselling author of 48 books and novellas.
Her most recent three book series are: Cimarron Legacy, Wild at Heart, Trouble in Texas, Kincaid Bride for Bethany House Publishing. She’s also written fo

Trouble in Texas (3 books)
  • Swept Away (Trouble in Texas, #1)
  • Stuck Together (Trouble in Texas, #3)

News & Interviews