Start by marking “Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses

Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses

(Pete the Cat)

From the bestselling Pete the Cat series, Pete's magic sunglasses help him turn his mood from grumpy to awesome!

In this hardcover picture book, Pete the Cat wakes up feeling grumpy—nothing seems to be going his way. But with the help of some magic sunglasses, Pete learns that a good mood has been inside him all along.

Fans of Pete the Cat will love watching him take his pos
Published October 1st 2013 by HarperCollins

Start your review of Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses
Trudi
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-inner-child, 2014

I don't know Pete. It's like you're not even trying anymore. I'm probably suffering from Pete fatigue because this one felt phoned in and a tad kitschy and underwhelming.

Great colors though! And fun illustrations.

Recommended for Pete completists only.
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Pete the Cat can always pull a smile across my face. Smile, grin, and giggle! There is just something special about his blue, furry, cool cat ways. I adore the little guy!

This visit we find Pete with a case of the “blue cat blues” though. Grumpy and way, way down. Toad comes to the rescue with a pair of magic sunglasses that turns Pete’s world and mood upside right. The sun feels brighter and the birds seem happier with a pair of magic sunglasses in place. But what happens when a stumb
Dylan Teut
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
What happened to Eric Litwin? I miss rocking out to the songs. A good message, but please, bring Eric back on board!
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
Not sure why everyone is so down on this one. Pete is having a bad day and gets a pair of 'cool blue magic' sunglasses that help him and his friends 'look at things in a new way'. Eventually the glasses break and Pete is bummed again, but Owl reminds Pete he doesn't need the glasses, but to just look for the good in every day.

Seems like a good message to me!
jing cui
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes all it takes to go from grumpy to groovy is the right accessory. Pete the Cat is grumpy. In fact, he has never been so grumpy. That is, until Grumpy Toad shows him his cool, blue magic sunglasses, and suddenly everything is all right again. Pete the Cat shows all the other animals that their bad days can be changed just by putting on the sunglasses, too. But what will happen when the sunglasses break? Pete's latest adventure proves quite uplifting and contains all of the catchy repetit ...more
Melanie
I'm not sure when Eric Litwin handed Pete the Cat over to James and Kimberly Dean, but I'm not enjoying them as much.

This one has Pete the Cat rather blue until he is introduced to a pair of "magic sunglasses." He then passes the glasses on to other creatures having mood issues as well. In the end, Pete ends up breaking the glasses but is informed by a wise owl that he doesn't need to have magic glasses to be cool.

A good message but not as much fun as earlier Pete books.
Brooklyn Tayla
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, 2020-reads
I read this book at Storytime today at the Library and it's just the cutest! I love how it reiterates to always look at the good in any day :)
Kaitlyn
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wow-books
And yet another Pete the Cat book that does not dissapoint. This story is a WOW book for me because it teaches such a wonderful lesson for kids on how we view things in life. The friend who was always grumpy shared his magical sunglasses that helped him see things in a more positive light and one day Pete needed those glasses. He was sad and grumpy! I love how he shared these magical sunglasses with his friends to brighten their day, this is something that we could use with showing our kids how ...more
Mary
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pete's got the blue cat blues. When his friend Grumpy Toad gives him some cool blue glasses, everything looks a little better and brighter. Pete helps each of his friends and lets them borrow the glasses, too, to help each of them feel better about their rough day. But when the glasses break, can Pete still be happy and see the good things around him?

A cute story and a nice lesson that sometimes we have to look for the happy things around us when life doesn't go our way. Very good!
♡ One Click Romance ♡
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with a child
Skylah got this as a gift at her doctors appointment and has had me read it to her a number of times (I think I've memorized it) usually on her "down" days. She loves it! If you've a child, grandchild, niece, nephew, or you babysit I totally recommend it.
Christie
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not even sure where to start. This may be the coolest picture book ever. I had the best time reading this with my two daughters.
Stephanie  Weatherly
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite Pete the Cat books!
Abigail
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Pete the Cat Fans / Readers Looking for Children's Stories Encouraging a Positive Outlook
That cool customer Pete the Cat returns in this fifth picture-book devoted to his adventures - the first not written by author/songwriter Eric Litwin - finding that for once he's not feeling quite happy. Fortunately for him, he is given a pair of magic sunglasses by his friend Grumpy Toad, and his new eye-wear improves his outlook considerably. As Pete encounters a number of other creatures who are having a bad day, he shares his glasses, and spreads the joy. But when his glasses break, is it th ...more
Sarah BT
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Not as awful as I was expecting, but the magic of Pete isn't there. The sing-song rhymes that make the first four hits are missing. It's a nice message and story, but lacking in the charm that Pete awesome.
Michael
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My kids and I read this OVER and OVER again. A willingness to sing is required. It is so funny, creative, and instructive. Not to mention the illustrations are just plain silly. A cat on an alligator has to be seen to be believed.
Holly Letson
A good story. The sunglasses seem super-fun. But, Pete learns that he doesn't really need them.

Have the story read to you, like I did. (Beware them telling you that - of course - each animal must talk the way he chose, though.)
Starry E.
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best storytime book ever!!!! You can always count on Pete the Cat to make the children smile and laugh. Kids love the story and enjoy singing along to all his books. Have them chime in-"did Pete cry?"..."goodness no!!"
Emily
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ece-2nd
James Dean and his wife wrote this Pete the Cat book...and I like it a lot. Great for kids who are a little grumpy.
Peter Wolfley
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Goodreads community seems pretty down on this one. This was a fun little book and will be the first read in March 2016.

Thanks to the peatross clan for this one.
Maggie
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great to share with toddlers.
Lauren Stoolfire
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have I ever mentioned how much I like Pete the Cat?
Abbey
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pete learns that deciding to be happy and changing the way you see things will really make you happy. accessible for the 4 year old. very cute.
Taddow
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
My son loves this book! We have read it multiple times.
Marie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Possibly my favorite "Pete" book because it teaches readers about two really important things: emotions and perspective.
Maxwell Rae
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Mum said she needs sleep me glasses like these!
J
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pete the Cat is always a winner. Read this to some kids who are already in school. They were super excited about it.
Naya Sqwaya
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
In this book: Pete has magic sunglasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I call them "Sqwaya"

AND IN THIS BOOK THERE IS SQWAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Destinee Sutton
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
I was excited to see a new Pete the Cat picture book, but this lacks the awesomeness of the first two Petes. In this new installment (written not by Eric Litwin, but by the illustrator James Dean and his wife Kimberly), Pete is feeling blue. Luckily, Grumpy Toad (who does not look grumpy, nor is he actually grumpy, despite the name) lends Pete his COOL, BLUE, MAGIC sunglasses. The glasses cheer Pete right up!

Then Pete meets a grumpy squirrel. He pays it forward by letting the squirrel wear the
Paula
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
I love Pete the Cat! The book has bright, vivid colors sure to catch anyone's eye. The text is ok. However, the book overall doesn't read or feel like the previous Pete the Cat books. Pete does not sing or play his guitar. I'm curious as to why Eric Litwin turned Pete the Cat over to these new authors.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Play Ball! (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? (Pigeon series)
  • Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete
  • Pete the Cat: Scuba-Cat
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • Groovy Joe: Ice Cream & Dinosaurs
  • Llama Llama Mad at Mama
  • Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher
  • I'm a Frog! (Elephant and Piggie, #20)
  • Llama Llama Holiday Drama
  • The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!
  • Llama Llama Misses Mama
  • Let's Go for a Drive! (Elephant & Piggie, #18)
  • Pete the Cat and the Cool Caterpillar
  • My New Friend Is So Fun! (Elephant & Piggie, #21)

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes