Start by marking “Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool

Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool

(Pete the Cat)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,267 ratings  ·  100 reviews
New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean takes us on an awesome trip with Pete the Cat as he discovers just how special Valentine's Day can be!

At first, Pete thinks Valentine's Day isn't cool...until he realizes all the special cats there are in his life. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is Cool comes complete with a poster, stickers, and twelve punch-out
Published November 26th 2013 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books

”There is something cool about every cat.”

Pete!!! :) Pete the Cat discovers just how cool Valentine’s Day is with a little help from his friends and his Mom. Our cool, blue hero sets out to spread the love around.

I will always love Pete’s cute, blue, furry ways, but this visit did not hold the usual bright, brilliant Pete magic for me. The colors, sweet simplicity, and sneakers were all in here, but the tone felt stale to me somehow. I usually want to read a Pete tale again and again, but I just
Niki (Daydream Reader)
I miss the awesome songs and the better writing. Sigh. I know kids will love it because they love Pete. But me...not so much.
Lynn
Lovely and well written picture book about Pete the Cat and his friend Callie planning to make cards for Valentine’s Day. Pete forgets a couple of people but he catches up. I read the read aloud book. The narration is just perfect. Love it.
Carrie
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Should read it a day ahead with the kiddos. Gives them some ideas on what they can write their friends. Cute Valentine story.
Jennifer  Davis
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My 8 year old recently borrowed this book for our local library.

In this installment of Pete the Cat, Pete learns that Valentine's Day is cool. The story starts the day before Valentine's Day. Pete runs into his friend Callie. She asks him if he has finished his Valentine's card yet. Pete says he hasn't because Valentine's is not cool. Callie explains to him that Valentine's Day is the day that we tell people how special they are to use. Pete heads home, and thinks about what Callie told him. By
debbicat ☮~Traveling Sister
A big hit with preschoolers!
Amanda
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: me-and-ozman
This was our first Pete the Cat book. Daddy's read them before but Oliver picked out this horribly out of season book (which due to its seasonal nature needs to be returned in one week instead of two, so now we have to *gasp* go back to the library). This was a cute little book that told the real meaning of Valentine's Day -- and to think of others you might not necessarily notice. I liked it a lot.
Ryan
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I know there is something wrong with me because I am just not a fan of Pete the cat. It’s hard to explain why. I guess I just want more for all the hype he gets. This title is just the same. Peter learns that making valentines is cool and then make a bunch for his class and people in the neighborhood.
Dustin Phillips
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day is Cool is a great book to use with younger readers. I enjoy how the book uses quotes to make up the story. I think it is a great book for parents to read aloud to their children and to talk about the true meaning behind the quotes.

As a teacher, I think it is a great book to have in a classroom library or to read aloud around Valentine's Day.
Hannah Feeney
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kids really love Pete the Cat books. This one was really good. Pete the Cat thinks Valentine's Day isn't cool, but Callie his friend tells him it is. He makes Valentine's for all his friends because his mom tells him there's something cool about every cat! This is a fun book about Valentine's Day!
Matthew S. Zielinski
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-boys
Simple Book about Valentine's Day. Helped my boys understand that they should appreciate all people that are in their lives. They can also simply appreciate someone by showing them what makes them unique.
Holly Letson
I watched this as a read-along/audiobook on YouTube.

Pete isn't very into Valentine's day until his mother gives him so good advice that changes how he makes Valentine's cards for his friends. After that, he feels like everyone deserves a card.
Emma
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Joelle
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Typical Pete the Cat book. A decent read for Valentine's day since Pete and Callie make Valentine's for everyone. He does forget to make one for his close friend Callie but learns that it's more important to spend time with the one you like/love the most.
Amanda Wallick
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorites to read aloud to kids!
Emily Carlyn
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
This was a nice read. Pete the Cat is always a win. The message is sweet that Valentine's Day is just a good day to tell people how special they are to you.
Anna Marie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book, Pete thinks Valentine isn't cool until his friend reminds him of the thought behind it. Showing how much you like you friends and family. Great story and pics.
Allison
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Good book
Girl
Yfgbj bcc yc bc u dc!luv tidxcyli!your birthing vczxh buddy,v th highlighting j , in Bhutan in in his
Catalina Deferrari
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
it was cool because pete was cool.
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The preschooler loved this one because of the extras - it came with a poster, stickers and valentines.
Cara
A cute story about a boy kitty named Pete and his friend that shows him the joy of celebrating Valentine's Day.
Brenda
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this cute little story about Pete and Valentine's Day. The illustrations are cute and the stickers and cards included in the book are an added bonus.
Marisa Severin
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: early-readers
This book is great to teach about Valentine's day. The pictures are vivid and attractive and more importantly, the story was very interesting. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend.
Joe Loncarich
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At first, Pete is all like, "Valentine's Day is stupid," but you won't believe the 180 he does two pages later. Truly, an inspiring tale.
Melissa Namba
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dnamba
I have to say I loved this because I loved the simple message that expressing your love or thanks can make a huge impact and basically costs you nothing.
Suzie
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Pete books I've read so far haven't impressed me, but I liked this one and so did the boys.
Aloha
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pete the Cat - Cool Valentine

Pete the Cat decides to show love for his friends on Valentine's Day ... This series is perfect for introducing your kids to bedtime stories.
Azura
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hi, I am Azura. This book, I love it, because I'm so happy that they make so many cards for each other. BYE

Azura spoke
Caroline
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Fans of "Pete the Cat" will like this Valentine's Day picture book.
Rayjan Koehler
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute Valentine's story for kids.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mr. Goat's Valentine
  • Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine
  • A Crankenstein Valentine
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • Llama Llama and the Bully Goat
  • Skippyjon Jones: Cirque de Olé
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • Llama Llama Holiday Drama
  • Duck and Hippo: The Secret Valentine (Duck and Hippo, #4)
  • The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever
  • Splat the Cat: Funny Valentine
  • Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Oliver
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • Llama Llama I Love You
  • Chester (Chester)

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 48 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes