Start by marking “The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3

(The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories #3)

From Golden Globe Award–nominee Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his online creative coalition hitRECord, and in collaboration with the artist Wirrow, comes Volume 3 in the Tiny Book of Tiny Stories series.

To create The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, known within the hitRECord.org community as RegularJOE, directs thousands of collaborators to tell tiny stories t
Published November 5th 2013 by It Books

To ask other readers questions about The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3

Start your review of The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Stars don't change,
but constellations

go through constant
transformations."

Omg! The art, the illustrations and the few lines that represent mental health, anxiety, OCD and the variety of emotions we go through everyday is everything I ask for and I got it from this book in abundance. Loved it so much!
Neil (or bleed)
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The universe is not made of atoms; it's made of tiny stories. ...more
Saddam Bouchaib
Jul 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
After two releases, the tiny book has become too twee, forced even. Perhaps that's why it's the last one too.
Brittany
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a powerful little book! With few words it made a big emotional impact. It's amazing how much someone can say in such a small space. The artwork and stories included were poetic, beautiful, and sometimes whimsical. I found myself bookmarking several of them and wishing I could blow them up as posters for my wall.

Now I have Volumes 1 and 2 on my wishlist and can't wait to read them! In the meantime I'll be exploring the hitRECord.org website.

If you're a fan of projects like Six Word Me
Lauren
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honestly, this series just keeps getting better and better!

It's pretty rare to stumble across a book which is the perfect size (which this just happens to be), full of wonderful stories that make you think, move you beyond words, and make you smile on a train journey. Well, this book ticks all three boxes.

Some of these stories are quirky little sketches (see After a hard day's make-believe, Just a bad hair day and Excuse me) while others are deeply affecting and tug on the heartstrings (see Al
Megha
OH GOD I WANT A COPY OF THIS BOOK SO BAD 2.O!
Liv
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As magical as always. I love these. The best part? You can re-read it and still feel touched by the stories/poems - the creativity and feeling in the few sentences persists.
Read read read! (Especially if you like poetry)
lily ☁️
I’m honestly in love with so many of the poems and the artwork in The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3, I don’t even know where to begin to describe the depth and acuity with which they hit me straight in my heart.
description

It’s truly remarkable how insightful, and impactful this tiny book of stories manages to be, even more so given its volume, and I can’t wait to hold my physical copy of The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3 in my hands.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
Dana
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So few words to describe such complex emotions. Excellent! I hope this series has no end!
But, as the book says, "Everything has a beginning. Even the end."
Loved it!
Ema badr
“This overwhelming desire to be close to you directly conflicts with my intense fear of people.”

"the mountain longed to feel the saltiness of the sea
a place he gaze on but could never be ."
Cheryl
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing

If you have not heard or read these books then now is the perfect time. Each book is filled with many different and original short stories. Hey, you might even see some from your friends. Yes, this collection of stories are compiled from actor, Joseph Gordon Levitt's website, Hitrecord. There people (ordinary people like you and me) can go and share stories or videos, etc. Well what are you doing still here reading, go check out the website.

Since you did decide to stay, I want to thank you for
Bayan Ashoor
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Everything has a beginning even the end"
I find some of the stories in this volume clueless for me but the others were really enjoyable and touching. You might not get all of the stories but definitely one of them will speak directly to you. There is a story for everyone because "the universe is not made of atoms, it is made of stories".
E.M. Welsh
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2014
I love these tiny stories so much. They say so much in such few words. This is perhaps my favorite edition although I am also biased because my tiny story was featured in it.
Amna
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this entire series. Tiny stories that are short, heartfelt, poetic and creative.
And emotional.
Recommended to all.
Kirsty
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, thoughtful, and creative. A wonderful little read.
Alexx
Out of all the three volumes, this one was the best for me. All the tiny stories were great! It was refreshing, it was emotional, it was touching, it was stimulating. I'm so glad our editor gave us a copy of this book and I got the chance to read it! I really really loved it! ...more
Angelc
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just love these tiny books so much! If you haven't read one yet, you are missing out on a lot of fun! I may still like the first volume of Tiny Stories the best, but this one had some real gems. I enjoyed this one more than the second book.

I love that the tiny stories can be interpreted in so many different ways by different readers. Some of the stories really resonate for me personally, and I'm sure that different ones would impact other readers the most. Since they are so short, they can be
Kelly Hager
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my absolute favorite series and the fact that it comes out this time of year makes it almost like a Christmas present to myself (or, just as accurately, Harper Collins' and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Christmas present to me---so thank you!).

I absolutely love these little glimpses into people's lives and personalities. It's like PostSecret (and yes, I know I make that comparison every single time I review one of these).

The little illustrations are absolutely beautiful. Sometimes sweet
Elari
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, short-story
"One day, I will unwind the fabric of my brain and make a thread out of my mental life. It will pierce through antique wreckages and live beasts, stagger through quicksands and deserts, nauseate in cancers and starvations, drown in a whale's belly, suffocate in the void of space, grope about the cosmic horizon, stray awhirl and twist as it goes round and round to find its way. It will die a little at times. Then one day, with the knife of forlorn hope still pressed against its woolly jugular, it ...more
Ti
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-sent-to-me
The Short of It:

Tiny in size but the creativity contained within this small volume never ceases to amaze me.

The Rest of It:

I’ve had the luxury of reading and reviewing both volumes one and two so when I had the opportunity to review this new volume, how could I refuse?

Once again, hitRECord, founded by Joseph Gordon-Levitt has put together another collection of amazing stories which happen to be only one or two pages long. The beauty of this project is that anyone can join the community and submi
Denise
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
See for yourself. Works of art such as this are best experienced directly, as each individual will take from it what she will. This is a beautiful example of collaboration, and I must hunt down the first two volumes.
Fassya
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
dunno.. everything sounds a bit pretentious and not that relatable, only some spoke to me. pretty drawings, though.
"she rummaged through her future to find what she was looking for."
"she had a great big heart but very little grace, every time she fell in love she landed on her face."
Cait
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, favourite
This was so lovely. It put a smile on my face.
Leslie
Feb 01, 2014 rated it liked it
"Blessed are they that crumble, from them new worlds are made." ...more
Numnum AlQassab
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Favorite part of the series. The artwork is just so incredible!
Jonathan Mancina
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this volume! The last tiny story was perfect!
Udai
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amazing artwork, really nice stories, love it!
Amanda Wells
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Very, very quick read. Interesting juxtapositions of text and visuals, but it really does feel a little as though many of them are very self-consciously clever, if that makes sense. Like they're poised and ready to be praised for being so deep.

(I'm sensitive to this as I'm hyper aware that some of my work feels this way!)

Some might make good posters, and I've no doubt of their popularity on tumblr, but I'm not sure I'd recommend the book as such.
Shirley
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I chanced upon this little gem and it was tucked away on my bookshelf for ages until I picked it up on a whim today and simply, immediately, crushingly fell in love. These tiny stories are full of humor, poetry, philosophy, love, irony, passion. How just a few words combined with art can tell much more than "just" a tiny story, I'm in awe. Great collaborative work. ...more
Maybel
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful collection of musings alongside illustrations that pack an emotional punch. Quietly nostalgic, this tiny book explores life experiences and feelings, and occasionally dipped its toes into some dark places.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Kind of Spark
  • All My Friends Are Still Dead
  • You Goddess!: Lessons in Being Legendary from Awesome Immortals
  • Will Williams
  • Lobo de Rua (A Galeria Creta, #0.5)
  • A RomaJuliette Christmas Special (These Violent Delights, #0.5)
  • Plan for the Worst (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #11)
  • L'Amour sous algorithme
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an American actor whose career as both a child and adult has included television series and theatrical films.

He is known for his roles in the 2009 indie (500) Days of Summer (for which he earned a Golden Globe nomination), a supporting role in the 2010 science fiction film Inception, and for starring in the 2011 drama 50/50. Beginning in commercials as a young child, he mad

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories (4 books)
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1